amuck-landowner

100TB a month challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hxxx

Guys your "Mean power" is over 9000.

I'm looking forward to what are you guys going to say if in any future GVH turn into a GoDaddy full of profit LOL. All of you with your heads down.

Only time will set things right.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
I've been saying it.  The kid has VERY selective reading skills, and tends to avoid any topic he can't (poorly) counter with (misused) marketing jargon and lies.
Welp this isn't fair, I'm leaving; mods please sink the thread behind me as I head out

GVH-Jon

Banned
Ah! We even have one of this HF guys over at the thread on LET trying to offend the act of DoS. Wonderful! </sarcasm>

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I'm looking forward to what are you guys going to say if in any future GVH turn into a GoDaddy full of profit
GoDaddy full of profit? LOL

This article is from 3 years ago but profits have been one thing that has been severely lacking from GoDaddy's balance sheet throughout most of its history.  It lost money each and every one of its first 10 years in business.

http://247wallst.com/investing/2010/09/11/godaddy-is-godawful/

As I wrote for TheStreet.com in 2006, “Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Go Daddy hasn’t had a profitable year since it was founded in 1997. Last year, it had a net loss of $11.6 million.”  Two months after my story appeared, GoDaddy pulled its planned IPO ..

GVH-Jon

Banned
I've changed my mind -- The 100TB plans won't be pulled at this time. 

All of these threads are skyrocketing our orders like there's no tomorrow and all of this publicity is heavily increasing our capital.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider

All of these threads are skyrocketing our orders like there's no tomorrow and all of this publicity is heavily increasing our capital.
Why not do a 100TB dedi for the same $95 price?

texteditor

did you ask upstream if it's OK?

also, please respond in the form of an analogy, you are so good at them

So if you buy a gun and you shoot someone with it, do you think you're going to get off the hook in court when you say "Oh I was just trying to use the gun I bought" ?
So if I stole a penny from a bank, would that still not be stealing? It's only just very minor cash, but that's still stealing, right?
Same case here. If you send useless traffic to a server, it's a DoS no matter how large or small.

And also, it's not the INTENT. It's the ACTION.
So you mean that people under 21 in the United States shouldn't be punished for drinking alcohol underage because they were "baited" to do it because of all the social pressure and advertising by beer companies? That's not an excuse.

bauhaus

You should thank us all. You welcome :)

Virtovo

Verified Provider

Chris?  Is that you?

Hxxx

GoDaddy full of profit? LOL

This article is from 3 years ago but profits have been one thing that has been severely lacking from GoDaddy's balance sheet throughout most of its history.  It lost money each and every one of its first 10 years in business.

http://247wallst.com/investing/2010/09/11/godaddy-is-godawful/
LOL yes, keep believing that. How about the amount of profit they are getting after purchasing Media Temple? GoDaddy may suck but know how to do the moves, specially now with the new direction. And Media Temple is like a GOD in this industry.

GVH-Jon

Banned
did you ask upstream if it's OK?

also, please respond in the form of an analogy, you are so good at them
Sure. Just for you.

So if you're Walmart and you sell orange juice from Tropicana for really cheap, and you're not owned by Tropicana but then decided you're going to pull stock on Tropicana orange juice but then change your mind because sales on Tropicana orange juice skyrocketed, would you have to ask Tropicana if it's okay? 

Last edited by a moderator:

texteditor

Sure. Just for you.

So if you're Walmart and you sell orange juice from Tropicana for really cheap, and you're not owned by Tropicana but then decided you're going to pull stock on Tropicana orange juice but then change your mind because sales on Tropicana orange juice skyrocketed, would you have to ask Tropicana if it's okay? 
Yeah but you know god damn well you don't have enough orange juice

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Sure. Just for you.

Your analogising everyone to death.  Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner