amuck-landowner

100TB a month challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Taken from LET:

This is what ColoCrossing sent us:

We have received notice that 192.3.108.94, which is assigned to your machine la1.securenetworkpanel.com, has been participating in a DDoS attack. Please contact the end user responsible for for this machine/IP and take the appropriate steps to ensure that this machine has not been compromised. Let us know if you need any assistance in this effort and please be aware that failure to provide a timely update will result in immediate suspension of service.

This means that shovenose's repeated 1 minute cron downloads of the speed test file legitimately violated the policies of the owners of the speed test file and thus they have sent in an abuse report to ColoCrossing stating that shovenose was participating in a DoS attack against them.

TLDR: The owners of the speed test file that shovenose set a cron to download on did not warrant shovenose to perform the action, therefore it is legally considered a DoS attack. If anyone here would like, I could ask CC to provide us with the report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mun

Never Forget
Taken from LET:

This is what ColoCrossing sent us:

We have received notice that 192.3.108.94, which is assigned to your machine la1.securenetworkpanel.com, has been participating in a DDoS attack. Please contact the end user responsible for for this machine/IP and take the appropriate steps to ensure that this machine has not been compromised. Let us know if you need any assistance in this effort and please be aware that failure to provide a timely update will result in immediate suspension of service.

This means that shovenose's repeated 1 minute cron downloads of the speed test file legitimately violated the policies of the owners of the speed test file and thus they have sent in an abuse report to ColoCrossing stating that shovenose was participating in a DoS attack against them.

TLDR: The owners of the speed test file that shovenose set a cron to download on did not warrant shovenose to perform the action, therefore it is legally considered a DoS attack. If anyone here would like, I could ask CC to provide us with the report.
I'd like to see the report...

Mun

Amitz

Do you think the owner consents to shovenose downloading that file repeatedly if they sent in an abuse report to ColoCrossing?
Could we please kindly see a copy of that abuse report? Would be great!

//esit: Mun was a bit faster... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shovenose

Verified Provider
Here's the thing - there is a possibility the VPS was compromised since I was not using a very secure root password. Perhaps that was the original problem. But I still don't think I did anything wrong esp. not illegal.

Mun

Never Forget
Here's the thing - there is a possibility the VPS was compromised since I was not using a very secure root password. Perhaps that was the original problem. But I still don't think I did anything wrong esp. not illegal.
I think a few minutes ago you admitted to running a cron job? I mean crime job....

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Can't help but think this thread has run it's course. All I see now is bickering, point scoring and yet more publicity for an outfit most people don't like.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Can't help but think this thread has run it's course. All I see now is bickering, point scoring and yet more publicity for an outfit most people don't like.
Then please close this thread and all the other threads relating to GVH and let's move on.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
There's a reason FDC's bandwidth is only $0.04 per Mbps: their network SUCKS

Cogent, Gogent, and more Cogent, Gogent
Gogent :) That's a  Biloh trademark... The lad even wrote that in his WHT ads multiple times.  But alas, the lure was too great and he too went Gogent.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Then please close this thread and all the other threads relating to GVH and let's move on.
Feel free to report the thread if that's how you feel. Also feel free to stop posting your usual gibberish - that will help the situation no end.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Nah the thread is still alive and well good sir.  

Just some speed bumps along the road, after the storm. Some folks just couldn't be creative and stooped to repetitive downloads.   Expected :)

My BW consumption or rather one I am watching is way down.  Buffalo today has been a turd in the punch bowl and probably 80% or less uptime.

SrsX

Banned
QoCrlKC.png

I couldn't find the proper "MEME" for this facepalm, so I'll call this a GreenValueCrossingPalm, OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner