amuck-landowner

100TB a month challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
It's impossible for us to deadpool.
Two months ago you were having a "financial crisis" because a bank transfer was late getting into your PayPal account and your LLC was in bad standing with the state of Illinois.

It's possible for any company to "deadpool".  Market conditions can change, management can make a few bad moves, etc.  During the DotCom boom there were a lot of cocky young'uns who thought they were set for life.  After the bubble popped more than a few former Silicon Alley dotcom CEO's and VPs (whose companies had received tens of millions in VC funding) went from riches to rags and ended up waiting tables and doing other low wage jobs for a while to pay the bills.

For the TL;DR crowd: here's a picture which sums it up:

450px-Pets.com_sockpuppet.jpg

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Does anyone here actually have service with the kid?  The few folks here I've seen try to get a VM were denied.  More and more I'm getting the feeling that the company doesn't even exist - all just a front with no actual activity, and the kid's just a troll out to see how long he can make people think it's all real.

ChrisK

Verified Provider
Does anyone here actually have service with the kid?  The few folks here I've seen try to get a VM were denied.  More and more I'm getting the feeling that the company doesn't even exist - all just a front with no actual activity, and the kid's just a troll out to see how long he can make people think it's all real.
I was just refunded, probably true.

blergh

Verified Provider
That's a really, really ballsy claim to make with no proof to back it up.

Seriously, if you want assholes like me to stop reaming you a new one, you should either give some solid backing to this idiocy, or stop making claims you can't possibly maintain.
I understand your concern, but what makes you think they would? Judging by your earlier posts it seems like you want to stir it all up for no apparent reason? If you feel they are a CC-shell then so be it, why would they have to prove you anything?

Of course this offer is completely ridiculous and unsustainable in a real-world situation, and that goes for them and them only.

All these posts back and forth just makes you come across as a pretty rude, and you aren't one are you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I understand your concern, but what makes you think they would? Judging by your earlier posts it seems like you want to stir it all up for no apparent reason? If you feel they are a CC-shell then so be it, why would they have to prove you anything?
If he just wanted to walk around going "Nope, I'm not CC", that's perfectly fine. There are others willing to take the piss for that particular claim.

My issue stems from the outrageous claims of superiority - being part of a team that actually put in hard work to get to a successful position, it's pretty damn insulting. So I call out the BS - and when that's met with more lies, I just thrust harder. Sure, it just keeps wheels spinning.. but he could very easily shut me up simply by providing the simple proof I've asked for multiple times (which he ignored), answering the few simple questions I've put forth several times (which he ignored); or hell, if he even just had legitimate clients step in to say "Y'know, I have this service and it's doing pretty well" - that would go a LONG way towards his credibility.

(inb4 a number of clients suddenly show up to his defense after saying that)

All these posts back and forth just makes you come across as a pretty rude, and you aren't one are you?
... you don't know me very well, do you >_> I will always speak my mind, and I don't sugarcoat anything. That being said however - if he proves my claims wrong, I will be the very first to hattip and publicly apologize for the slights.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
or hell, if he even just had legitimate clients step in to say "Y'know, I have this service and it's doing pretty well" - that would go a LONG way towards his credibility.
Inb4 I'm just bashing GVH for the sake of bashing. This is an honest report of what has happened thus far.

I bought a VPS in Buffalo with them. First time ever having anything in Buffalo. It's as shitty as people say it is. Network aside, the node incurs downtime with some regularity. Typically the VPS itself is rebooted or goes offline for periods at a time during the late evening to early morning hours, resulting in uptime being reset. The node itself seems to become unreachable during that same period (typically), so looks like it may be a node crash of some form. Network as a whole doesn't go out as I'm monitoring the switch prior to the node. Last week it was every single night, now it seems to be hit or miss if it happens (so it's improved I guess?). Started monitoring after it happened back to back for a few days.

I've got a ticket in, but I had to provide "proof" at the request of Jon because their "logs indicate everything is fine".

I started a statuscake on my existing stuff for the sake of having proof that this issue occurs as my earlier tickets had a "it's fine, we promise, we'll look into it" reply, and I simply didn't have any evidence outside of running "uptime" on my vps, and their support blaming me for the VPS "restarting".

Public reporting: http://uptime.statuscake.com/?TestID=HPzjmKe4ss

Edit: For the sake of clarity, there's a chance earlier issues prior to the monitoring had been related to NodeWatch, but I never got a straight answer about what I was doing wrong to be triggered by NodeWatch, and nobody bothered looking into it (or the outsourced support didn't have access to it, because they kept insisting that nothing was being done via abuse tools to turn the box off or restart it)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
ahahaha, well, you just debunked my theory of the whole operation being a fake for trolling :p

I was honestly almost a client myself as well when they first started up... but the first time he started sucking off CC in public I decided "nope, no way in hell they're getting my info".

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner