amuck-landowner

24khost, where are you?

DeanClinton

For those that aren't aware; if you were on their reseller server, you've now moved from a server at

us.gif AS12260 COLOSTORE - Colostore.com (registered May 04, 1999)

to a server at

us.gif AS22281 VIRTUALCOMPLETE - VirtualComplete, LLC (registered Dec 31, 1969)

No prior warning of the move, no e-Mails to me, no replying to PM's I sent to him here, no replying to e-Mails that I sent to him. It was only my cron notification and I looked in the source code did I find that there was a new server and IP. I was lucky enough to get my data back.

The cPanel trial license was activated on the IP on 2013-10-27 23:29:31.

Yeah, thanks 24khost... I want refunding for the rest of the time I shall not be using with you. No matter what reason, there's no excuse for this.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
That does seem a little shitty.

@24khost - maybe a quick word would help here despite what's going on in your personal life?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
For those that aren't aware; if you were on their reseller server, you've now moved from a server at

to a server at

It might just be an IP change and not a server change or location change.  VirtualComplete is single homed to ColoStore and is owned by Devon of RockMyWeb/Cloud3K

Last edited by a moderator:

DeanClinton

Even if it's just an IP change, it's almost like 24k have deadpooled and someone's taken them over or something. I'm angry (at both 24k and myself for thinking i'd be ok for 24 hours) that the charity site I was hosting on there (as well as a pr6 forum) was down for days because not only was my backup on there but my other provider couldn't give me my backup because when they moved I had too much data so recreated me from fresh and in the meantime the reseller server disappeared... meaning there was no backup for me to make it all live on a different server.

oh well, goodbye 24k.

however it feels like a different server, software is missing (like CSF for example) and its running smoother in whm...

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
It might just be an IP change and not a server change or location change.  VirtualComplete is single homed to ColoStore and is owned by Devon of RockMyWeb/Cloud3K
Maybe they got bought out or they moved it 'to the cloud'?

Francisco

loghash

to a server at

No prior warning of the move, no e-Mails to me, no replying to PM's I sent to him here, no replying to e-Mails that I sent to him. It was only my cron notification and I looked in the source code did I find that there was a new server and IP. I was lucky enough to get my data back.

The cPanel trial license was activated on the IP on 2013-10-27 23:29:31.

Yeah, thanks 24khost... I want refunding for the rest of the time I shall not be using with you. No matter what reason, there's no excuse for this.
Hello Deanclinton, 

Could you please let me know if I can somehow get my data back as well? I mean, Is there a way I can know if the data is safe or Is there a way I can know if my server was moved?

Thank You!

DeanClinton

@loghash - is yours a vps or shared hosting / reseller hosting?

check if you've received an emails from the server (like apps that send out automated emails) and then view the source of it to see the ip.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
it's too late for me - I found my cron continued this morning and found the reseller server ip has changed, indicating location change... also the cpanel wasnt licensed and i can't remember my whm password (it's saved in my browser against the old ip), so I can't get into their WHMCS because it's disabled so i can't actually get into it to see if i can get the sites working! total failure on @24khost - email and message here not responded to either
There was a complete IP change for 24khost customers a few weeks back... Might have been a month ago.  I never received an email about it and experienced down time in the process... Several days.

Tried the phone number:

(763) 4396-463

I'd call and see what is up.

I really have liked JJ and 24khost. Hoping it gets straightened out.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Also, the new IPs are Rockmyweb's... Although 24khost was affiliated with them and sharing rack prior I believe.

Cloud control panel - vpsGrid - doesn't seem to recognize 24khost issued accounts.... even though 24khost's own control panel URL re-directs you to there.

loghash

@loghash - is yours a vps or shared hosting / reseller hosting?

check if you've received an emails from the server (like apps that send out automated emails) and then view the source of it to see the ip.
Mine is a VPS. Hosted on their Southbend, IN location. Unfortunately, I haven't recevied any emails since it went down. :/

modmanmatt

all his email are returning to sender now i found old phone number i am trying to text him see if number is still working

loghash

Time to contact vpsGrid/RockMyWeb directly and see what is up.
I see that devonblzx from Rockmyweb is online on WHT. But I dont have enough posts to contact him. If someone can let me know how else to contact them, I can try this last hope.. Thanks!

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Notice from RockMyWeb

---------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I just wanted to post here as I updated WHT.  24KHost is not a part of RockMyWeb, but we would like to offer assistance to anyone who is having issues, atleast with their VPS servers.  All virtual servers should be online, if your VPS service is offline or unreachable, please feel free to email me at devon(at)rockmyweb(dot)net and I will try to assist you.  I will try to get some word out to the community shortly, but I can assure you that noone is at risk of losing their VPS service now or in the future.

Sincerely,

Devon

concerto49

Verified Provider
I see that devonblzx from Rockmyweb is online on WHT. But I dont have enough posts to contact him. If someone can let me know how else to contact them, I can try this last hope.. Thanks!
I already did for you and he replied to your thread.

amuck-landowner