amuck-landowner

24khost, where are you?

WSWD

Verified Provider
And all his cloud offerings that were exactly the same and traceroutes that pointed back to you guys? LOL! I guess next, you're going to tell me he built his own cloud, and you didn't know that all his sites used to point back to your servers and network.

It doesn't matter at this point. I just think (know) there is a lot more than you're leading on. One of your resellers failed and you're taking over the business. That's all. No need to beat around the bush.

Last edited by a moderator:

devonblzx

Verified Provider
And all his cloud offerings that were exactly the same and traceroutes that pointed back to you guys? LOL! I guess next, you're going to tell me he built his own cloud.

It doesn't matter at this point. I just think (know) there is a lot more than you're leading on. One of your resellers failed and you're taking over the business. That's all. No need to beat around the bush.
We don't have resellers at this point in time, but you are entitled to your own opinion.  I just don't see why you are interested as it doesn't affect you in the least.

I'm pretty sure I already covered your topics in my last post as they hosted alongside us and we managed their systems.

WSWD

Verified Provider
We don't have resellers at this point in time,
You did back then.  He was one of them. 

Yep...you covered it.  His servers were right next to yours.  I'm sure he built his own cloud "right next to your servers" coincidentally in every single location you guys were.  Built his own cloud in multiple datacenters I'm sure.

I don't really care.  There's just something very fishy about this, and somebody isn't telling the truth.  Don't know what it is quite yet, as I can't really put my finger on it, but pretty certain things are not as you say.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Okay, conspiracy theorists aside.  Let's leave this thread to constructive means and former 24khost customers who need assistance.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hehe!

To be honest I always associated 24khost and cloud3k as one in the same or buddies.  Different companies and bank accounts, but lots of stuff appears to have been shared... Panel for instance and IP space... Same locations too.  It seems like a friendship or a reseller, but hey, I see no traction or change revealing such info.  Won't change outcome here.

I miss JJ's bantering on forums and some of his witty offers.  Who can forget the various sized balls offer?  And the pizza leftovers...

Question @devonblzx,  assuming 24k's clients in all locations correct?  IPs will remain the same?  No reconfiguration or anything?

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Question @devonblzx,  assuming 24k's clients in all locations correct?  IPs will remain the same?  No reconfiguration or anything?
No further changes will occur to the IP addresses.   The IP addresses assigned in October are permanent.

Edit: Missed your first question, Yes, all locations.

modmanmatt

i have resller account i need to access whm so i can pull all my sites out of here after a week of downtime i went and purchased a new server at 4x the price to avoid this happening ever again if someone whoever is running this now please give me access to my data backups so i can move... i just payed my bill 2 weeks ago with jj also since there is still no way to contact him i will have to charge back on him i guess or maybe ill just leave server on for year and use it as a sandbox not sure yet guess that will depend on this rockmyweb company wich i havent seen very good reviews for so far and i had trouble even finding there website wich is very blank... feel like we were the batton that just got handed of to the special kid in class...
Rockmyweb u may have waited to long to inherit JJ bag of worms by now most of the customers are upset and ready to leave at this point..

devonblzx

Verified Provider
i have resller account i need to access whm so i can pull all my sites out of here after a week of downtime i went and purchased a new server at 4x the price to avoid this happening ever again if someone whoever is running this now please give me access to my data backups so i can move... i just payed my bill 2 weeks ago with jj also since there is still no way to contact him i will have to charge back on him i guess or maybe ill just leave server on for year and use it as a sandbox not sure yet guess that will depend on this rockmyweb company wich i havent seen very good reviews for so far and i had trouble even finding there website wich is very blank... feel like we were the batton that just got handed of to the special kid in class...

Rockmyweb u may have waited to long to inherit JJ bag of worms by now most of the customers are upset and ready to leave at this point..
You haven't seen good reviews for us?  That is surprising, although, most customers only post if they have problems.  We have reviews dating back over 6 years so I'm sure it isn't too hard to find good ones if you actually looked.  I'm not sure I really like being referred to as the "special kid" in class as my role in this was only to help keep VPS service online for clients.   We are taking a loss for those who prepaid 24KHost for a year and still have a majority of their time left.  We hope to prove ourselves to them so they continue their business with us thereafter.

As per my announcement, our plans were only to take over the VPS clients, not the shared/reseller, however I am trying to assist reseller/shared accounts on getting access to their data.

modmanmatt

You haven't seen good reviews for us?  That is surprising, although, most customers only post if they have problems.  We have reviews dating back over 6 years so I'm sure it isn't too hard to find good ones if you actually looked.  I'm not sure I really like being referred to as the "special kid" in class as my role in this was only to help keep VPS service online for clients.   We are taking a loss for those who prepaid 24KHost for a year and still have a majority of their time left.  We hope to prove ourselves to them so they continue their business with us thereafter.

As per my announcement, our plans were only to take over the VPS clients, not the shared/reseller, however I am trying to assist reseller/shared accounts on getting access to their data.
ment no disrespect, that is just the impression that was thrust upon me. when i cant find your main website and firs few pages of results are about site being down or server issues is a bad sign to me 24khost had better SEO and reviews for themselves and look where that got me... you could be a great company for all i know but i get odd feeling to that 24khost and jj didnt go anywhere they just dropped the 24khost name and moved over to there sister site to avoid dealing with customers and doing refunds either way i agree this is definatly not stirring the coolaid.. please let me know what i need to do to get my backups... i guess ill give you chance to prove yourself and ill keep the server for the year i just payed rather then bother charging back... do a good job and ill keep the account :)

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Well we had access to the VPS systems and received permission to port everything over to our system and contact their end users.   I am waiting to hear back from the owner about access to the shared/reseller accounts, as soon as I have access to everything, I will put everything back online and post an announcement.  To make it quicker, you could send me your username on the server so I have a reference to contact you by: devon(at)rockmyweb(dot)net.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Martin,

I believe so too.   I do not have all the information either.  All VPS clients should be okay.  I hope to continue to work to restore the data of all clients affected.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Shared and reseller accounts

I have sent emails out to all shared hosting customers, but due to some having their email hosted on the servers, I am posting this.

We have gained access to the web server but not the domains/nameservers.  You can access your web site again using temporary nameservers:

NS5.ROCKMYWEB.NET

NS6.ROCKMYWEB.NET

These can be updated at your domain registrar.

You can also access CPanel at https://ns5.rockmyweb.net:2083

We have decided that we will leave the web server online with an active CPanel license for November to allow customers to continue using their web sites and look for an alternative solution.  CPanel shared hosting does not fit into our portfolio and we have received no compensation for the web server, so we will not be running it for longer than one month, we are doing it for one month as a favor to people who need to access their web site and data.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
...... that doesn't really help. I understand why you're doing it and why you're giving this information out however, the communication first indicated VPS customers only..and now it's shared/reseller customers.

As I said, I think it would be prudent for you to have JJ comment in here first. You clearly have a line of communication with him and he needs to step up to the plate and let HIS customers know what's going on.

At the moment, the devil inside simply reads everything as you, being JJ's provider, taking over. For all we know..it could have been a forced takeover. I'm not for one second suggesting that's the case but constant silence from him and you somehow managing to get access to all of his admin credentials to effect such an 'easy' takeover must be worrying at least a few customers.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
...... that doesn't really help.
You're suggesting that providing a resource for customers to access their data again does not help?

Martin, you can assume what you want but I don't appreciate it as I could have stayed out of it and left the customers in the dark.  24KHost is not my company or my obligation.

modmanmatt

Shared and reseller accounts

I have sent emails out to all shared hosting customers, but due to some having their email hosted on the servers, I am posting this.

We have gained access to the web server but not the domains/nameservers.  You can access your web site again using temporary nameservers:

NS5.ROCKMYWEB.NET

NS6.ROCKMYWEB.NET

These can be updated at your domain registrar.

You can also access CPanel at https://ns5.rockmyweb.net:2083

We have decided that we will leave the web server online with an active CPanel license for November to allow customers to continue using their web sites and look for an alternative solution.  CPanel shared hosting does not fit into our portfolio and we have received no compensation for the web server, so we will not be running it for longer than one month, we are doing it for one month as a favor to people who need to access their web site and data.
Thank you i am now able to access all my accounts and backups :)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
You're suggesting that providing a resource for customers to access their data again does not help?

Martin, you can assume what you want but I don't appreciate it as I could have stayed out of it and left the customers in the dark.  24KHost is not my company or my obligation.
No need to get your back up - I'm calling it as I see it. If you want to vent your anger, get back on the phone to 'JJ'.

I don't understand how you can take over this easily without having any confirmation or contact from him.. and if so, why you can't impress on him how important it is he makes comment publicly or privately to his customers. Surely you can understand that?

At the end of the day, he has shit on his customers... and you're taking the customers on (voluntarily.. through 'good faith' or whatever you want to call it) but no matter what you do.. that smell of shit will follow.

I'm NOT having a go at you so put the handbag away.. I'm just saying it's in your best interests to have him comment on what's going - nothing more.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Martin,

For someone who has a business, you seem to disregard the legally binding contract of a privacy policy.  I cannot disclose aspects of communications unless permitted to.

I will ask for an official statement and means of contact for 24KHost.  That and trying to assist former clientele is all I can do.

As I can see no more progress will be made in this thread, I will be unfollowing it.  If former clients do need assistance, please feel free to get in touch.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
The legally binding privacy policy between JJ and his customers that has now been contravened?

Why is your back up?

All I said was you need to get him to EXPLAIN TO HIS CUSTOMERS WHAT'S GOING ON. You've turned it into something much bigger than that. Jesus.

amuck-landowner