amuck-landowner

A sad state for VPS offers

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh yeah, @BlueVM  you are certainly the first to put 'non-CC' in the offer title :)

Freaking pioneering.

Now if we can some other funny offers declaring a change of path.   Like Dewlance now WITHOUT autoboot.

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Ive seen this come up more frequently. You know when you read the comments for a VPS post one of the comments is surely "out of ColoCrossing?" Just specifying it straight away takes away those annoying questions on each post.

Having a location not using ColoCrossing sets any company apart at this point.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Maybe on LEB, but not so much here. We accept all VPS offers submitted so long as they meet the rules, not because they use / don't use any specific DC.

I think it was a good thing to point out. May be childish, but I personally do not purchase VPSes in any Colocrossing locations. BlueVM operates out of Colocrossing mainly so had I just been skimming and saw the offer I'd not think anything of it. But I see right away it's not CC, so my interest is peaked a bit, especially because it's a unique location.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think it was a good thing to point out. May be childish, but I personally do not purchase VPSes in any Colocrossing locations
Every time I see such a disclaimer I want to say wow!  Someone with more restraint than mere old me.

I have two CC locations with service :)   Backupsy wouldn't stop taunting me and they cut Continuum out so Chicago = CC now.

The other sin in my pile is BuyVM and Buffalo.  Yeah I bought in Cali and that network was stomped on.  When they moved, or were, I setup in Buffalo temporarily (needed US east annual plan anyways).  I've kept it and glad I did pending the new DDoS protection service in NYC.

So when folks think I am hard on CC, it's a case of tough love ;)  The kids from daycare have a pretty good setup.  Not perfect.  The umm games they play, lies, misrepresentations, that sort of stuff, that's the issue there.  If they'd be transparent I wouldn't have much if anything to gripe about.  

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I think it was a good thing to point out. May be childish, but I personally do not purchase VPSes in any Colocrossing locations.
For me it is more like "I don't need another vps at a CC location".

Every time I see such a disclaimer I want to say wow!  Someone with more restraint than mere old me.

I have two CC locations with service :)
Me too.

Ive seen this come up more frequently. You know when you read the comments for a VPS post one of the comments is surely "out of ColoCrossing?" Just specifying it straight away takes away those annoying questions on each post.

Yup, that's true.

In 2012 I really liked the routings and the upstreams CC provided on the east cost. Realy good connections to EU.

I think that we will see more "no CC" statements, because:

1. There are too many providers trying to sell CC locations. How many vps does someone need in Buffalo?
    If I want a second one I will buy it from one of my trusted known hosts.
  2. There are a lot of small hosts that are not able to handle their business or not able to handle CC.
    And everytime such a bad host gets bad reviews something sticks on CC too.
  3. CC just stopped to caring about their upstreams. I can't understand why they are not fixing their routing problems. Either the routing to EU or the inner US routing are broken. Looking to the last weeks I would even state both could well be improved.
One last statement:

I really like the Buffalo location. It is a cheap alternative to NY and had better pings to EU than Chicago.

And there are companies like BuyVM and BlueVM that are handling their hardware really well. I am a customer of both comapnies and I see no reasons why I should cancel my services. The uptime of the nodes is way beyond the price tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
CC locations are pretty much saturated, mainly Buffalo but some titles are out of hand for example one linked in this thread since CC doesn't have presence in Swiss no need to use it really unless well its a last hope marketing strategy.

We started to use no buffalo - New York City though :)

Jack

CC locations are pretty much saturated, mainly Buffalo but some titles are out of hand for example one linked in this thread since CC doesn't have presence in Swiss no need to use it really unless well its a last hope marketing strategy.

We started use no buffalo - New York City though :)
Who would want pure cogent though... Jon is telling me that buffalo is only 27% Cogent that's a load of bollocks.

Jack

>150 for an e3 with all the goodies and /26 or more? Who wouldn't?
Someone that doesn't want to end up losing all the clientele?

All the goodies, 4 days on a drive replacement isn't a goodie at all also auto-charging your debit card for an OS install on a new order isn't a goodie either then Chuckles responding with "Sorry should of worn a ski mask".

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Someone that doesn't want to end up losing all the clientele?

All the goodies, 4 days on a drive replacement isn't a goodie at all.
mehh, you are not losing anyone with those less than coffee money /4gb vps's.. Those who pay like that won't even care 90% of the time about bandwidth. They are just happy to know that they have ram that they will never use.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
True @SeriesN.  Unsustainable pricing unless being funded by some other profit center.  Sliding positive income towards the loss leaders.

No doubt CC is up to something far more sinister at this point.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
True @SeriesN.  Unsustainable pricing unless being funded by some other profit center.  Sliding positive income towards the loss leaders.

No doubt CC is up to something far more sinister at this point.
They just need the gear to stay full for however long their ROI is.

Once the equipment is paid off they're making a decent sized profit.

They just got a /15 and there's multiple people, including GVH, offering full /24's bound on a single, cheap ass VPS.

The problem is those markets are just saturated to the max and few are bringing anything new to it short of 'more resources!'

Francisco

amuck-landowner