amuck-landowner

AnyNode, Exclusive Trial?

Mun

Never Forget
Did anyone else get PM'd a trial from @anynode?

What are your thoughts on it, and @manndude if you want me to pm you the contents I can, I just don't want to spam it here.

Mun

SkylarM

Verified Provider
It's pretty exclusively spamming. I got it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

anyNode

Verified Provider
The PM was not intended to be spam. We are offering a 60 day trial to a select few, if you were not invited and would like to be, please let me know.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, someone can confirm as an admin perhaps how many of these promos were sent out.

See if exclusive or scope of parties who received it.

I hate spam, however, it is a free giveaway and is on topic to interest (VPS).  So, I don't mind too much.

Would have rather seen an offer post asking folks to PM them for the offer though.

anyNode

Verified Provider
Well, someone can confirm as an admin perhaps how many of these promos were sent out.

I hate spam, however, it is a free giveaway and is on topic to interest (VPS).  So, I don't mind too much.

Would have rather seen an offer post asking folks to PM them for the offer though.
We sent the offer to around 12 individuals, admin can confirm if necessary.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Now now, pitchforks and fire :)

12 invites?  Ahh that's targeted.  Spam, well, I don't mind the free ice cream and burger coupons that show up in my physical mail randomly.

Unsure about board policies and if everyone read their member legal nonsense :)

I'd rather see them buy an ad than anything.  @MannDude, get a package/system/whatever implemented.

anyNode

Verified Provider
We simply invited a couple active users on the board. There was no harm intended. I apologize if this was against board rules, we did not post publicly because we didn't want abusers taking advantage of the offer.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider

Offers cant be posted untill they get 10 posts. http://vpsboard.com/topic/4-vps-offers-rules-and-formatting-guide/

Now now, pitchforks and fire :)

12 invites?  Ahh that's targeted.  Spam, well, I don't mind the free ice cream and burger coupons that show up in my physical mail randomly.

Unsure about board policies and if everyone read their member legal nonsense :)

I'd rather see them buy an ad than anything.  @MannDude, get a package/system/whatever implemented.
Maybe a points system, where when we post, we get a certain ammount of points, and we can use those points for things.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
@anyNode - if it was exclusive and you didn't want people taking advantage, why did you spam it on IRC?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Can I just make a single suggestion guys?

If you're not interested then just reply to their message informing them that you're not interested and move on with your life.  While yes I will admit I personally dislike PMs for advertisement this doesn't mean they meant any harm.  Just take a deep breath!  

@anyNode, possibly hang around the board for a little bit to get your name out and then offer these!  I mean they're not bad but you'd know that many community members feel iffy when a new member shows up and PMs offers to people.  Just my two cents.

amuck-landowner