amuck-landowner

Anyone wanna hire a disabled vet or have a internship?

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Looks like a good time to ask how to block disrespectful children. Some people can't help but make every thing that they do about hatred and nothing else.

Edit: There it is http://vpsboard.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

@SgtZinn Thanks for your service. I don't need to explain all of my personal philosophies and preferences to show some respect. That second sentence was an insult to others, to be clear.

Dude, seriously? What does my comment have anything to do with hate? #_#

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@SgtZinn,  thanks for your service and sorry our leadership sent you to an undeclared war to be shredded.

I think it's good to see military folks in this industry and especially the 'disabled'.  I know it can nice to kick back on disability (if you can get it) and lounge.  But @SgtZinn isn't some washed up fading away type.

We need more good folks like this out there about disabilities and in the workforce.  Someone get this guy started with your company.

Nick

Were you injured while serving? Didn't the US pass a law that you can't get medically discharged while serving? Why not stay but lighten your duties/stay off the field?

Don't take this the wrong way, respect for serving your country. I'm going in myself in July so just curious.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Tactical

Where is the beer!
Yea I had part of my left leg below the knee blown off in a IED blast. Then I have a 2in chunk taken out of my right femur held to get by titan plates. I had no choice in being medically retired.  8yrs of service. At least they do take of me and provided me with a really expensive prosthetic leg and mobility chair. Gave me a grant so I could get my house adapted for my motorized scooter. Plus I'm get my disability check from them so I wasn't totally left in the dark. Well the military will open ur eyes up and u have my up most respect for joining

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Yea I had part of my left leg below the knee blown off in a IED blast. Then I have a 2in chunk taken out of my right femur held to get by titan plates. I had no choice in being medically retired.  8yrs of service. At least they do take of me and provided me with a really expensive prosthetic leg and mobility chair. Gave me a grant so I could get my house adapted for my motorized scooter. Plus I'm get my disability check from them so I wasn't totally left in the dark. Well the military will open ur eyes up and u have my up most respect for joining
Ah that sucks... My one friend is paralyzed from the neck down. He uses his chin to move his scooter.

What branch were you in?

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Just saw this, wish I had a paying job open.

Is it possible that your college will apply credit for a internship?

adamc

Best of luck to you SgtZinn. I am also a left leg amputee, although I am amputated above the knee. Missing a leg isn't so bad, it's the constant phantom nerve pains that are torture! It's pretty cool to say you have a cyborg leg that costs more than a luxury vehicle   :)

willie

Anyone need any tech support help or have a internship. Im a disabled vet and just trying to find something to occupy my time. I don't have to be paided i just need something to do.I just want something to put on my resume. Nothing is going on in this po dunk town i live in texas. I currently attending school online for my bachelors in information technologies.. 
One suggestion (not trying to diss you, just a word to the wise): tech support work in IT mostly means answering written tickets, which means it works in your favor if you're careful with spelling and grammar in your initial post.  I saw "don't have to be paided", "I currently attending" etc. and I just felt sad.  Best wishes and I hope you find something.

amuck-landowner