amuck-landowner

ASN-Blocklist

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Funny you should ask that, given that you seem to be the one in the habit of resorting to insults and childish behaviour when a fault of yours is confronted.  Nobody likes to see a trantrum, and the only one impressed by your antics is... you.  Don't be that kid - own up to your faults, work to improve them.

Mun

Never Forget
Funny you should ask that, given that you seem to be the one in the habit of resorting to insults and childish behaviour when a fault of yours is confronted.  Nobody likes to see a trantrum, and the only one impressed by your antics is... you.  Don't be that kid - own up to your faults, work to improve them.
I already fixed your "issue" a bunch of posts ago yet you keep bringing it up for what reason is nothing more to rub it in my face it seems, and you are calling me childish?

In all actuality if I had left you there it would have made the point fully clear, I do not make the decisions on what goes on the list and it is a list that shouldn't be blankly used.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
In all actuality if I had left you there it would have made the point fully clear, I do not make the decisions on what goes on the list and it is a list that shouldn't be blankly used.
How so?  Aren't you the one compiling the list?  Isn't this *your* project?  Unless you've got someone over your shoulder, telling you what to do, then it is your list to add/remove from as you see fit.  And you're correct on the latter - no third party code should ever be 'blankly used', especially from an untrusted source.  But you've been around here for awhile, people tend to listen to what you say (as evidenced by this thread) - the onus is on you to be careful with what you say.  Or, you could just start opening your submission threads with a disclaimer that your work is not to be trusted without modification.

I already fixed your "issue" a bunch of posts ago yet you keep bringing it up for what reason is nothing more to rub it in my face it seems, and you are calling me childish?
I bring it up to hopefully impress upon you the importance of accountability.  A better question would be, why are you making such a fuss over polite explainations and suggestions?  Surely you cannot be so utterly petty that you have to fall back to insults and juvenile discourse whenever someone points out your shortcomings?  Are ye not capable of civil rhetoric?

Mun

Never Forget
How so?  Aren't you the one compiling the list?  Isn't this *your* project?  Unless you've got someone over your shoulder, telling you what to do, then it is your list to add/remove from as you see fit.  And you're correct on the latter - no third party code should ever be 'blankly used', especially from an untrusted source.  But you've been around here for awhile, people tend to listen to what you say (as evidenced by this thread) - the onus is on you to be careful with what you say.  Or, you could just start opening your submission threads with a disclaimer that your work is not to be trusted without modification.

I bring it up to hopefully impress upon you the importance of accountability.  A better question would be, why are you making such a fuss over polite explainations and suggestions?  Surely you cannot be so utterly petty that you have to fall back to insults and juvenile discourse whenever someone points out your shortcomings?  Are ye not capable of civil rhetoric?
I am not making a fuss over it, I already ended it a few pages back and I dropped it there. You should as well.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh can't we all just get along :) ?

Ald and myself need a fake spat.  Imagine that :) Full paragraphs, logic, lotsssss of responses. Bahaha. 

Hey Ald, Pepsi! :)

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
ahahaha, indeed :p

I do find the "I do not make the decisions on what goes on the list" a really odd statement though.  It's possible he simply meant that he shouldn't be held responsible for how it's used... but the phrasing makes it sound like someone's twisting his arm to include particular ASNs >_>

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So all I've managed to comprehend from this thread is that Aldryic is butthurt.
I wouldn't take it as butt hurt, it's more that OP is turning a project into a joke (even if it's the OP's own project). As Aldryic said, if there's a valid reason for an ASN to be there then put it and detail why (on a website, an included file, etc). People shouldn't blindly just execute vats of commands in a random BASH script but.. they do.

It might be 'nicer' to even make the bans block for a destination port. Have an ISP that doesn't have spam issues but has nothing but a crap load of brutes? Just block port 22 and hopefully it'll get brought to someones attention at some point.

There's a lot of people that see lists like this and apply them in hopes of "fixing" things incorrectly.

We have a client that was getting a layer 7 flood and instead of ticketing us, they applied an IP block list

that allowed about a /14 total of random IP space to access his VM (while blocking the rest of the world) then logs a bunch of tickets against us claiming everything is down (no shit Sherlock).

Francisco

amuck-landowner