BlueVM shared hosting down

Discussion in 'Hosting Talk & Reviews' started by bizzard, Jul 1, 2013.

1. bizzard

bizzard Active Member

May 16, 2013
    Hope this is the right place to post.

So, the CPanel shared hosting service from BlueVM is down for more than 18 hours and still no official response from the team on it. Not yet sure whether they manage shared and reseller clients on a single server. I haven't bumped any tickets as I know it won't help, but there are many others in the IRC channel who hasn't received an update yet.

Why this post?

I am not stupid to expect 100% uptime from a budget provider, but I would like to know about the cause for it. BlueVM has told many times that they will take care of the notification system, but even now, its not happening. And the weired thing is that, there is no staff available in IRC for almost 10hours, since I am awake. Are they running away from the issues?

Chronic likes this.
  2. vanarp

vanarp Active Member

May 16, 2013
    18 hours of downtime without any communication from the host is unusual. As much I do not want to relate pricing with QoS, it does play a role probably.

3. thuvienvps

thuvienvps New Member

May 27, 2013
    Maybe this is reason for slow respond?

4. Aldryic C'boas

Aldryic C'boas The Pony

Apr 18, 2013
    Aldryic
    That was related to his admins taking down WHMCS though, not CPanel, and was just explaining the lack of announcement. Surely the techs could still answer tickets about the CPanel downtime?

5. vanarp

vanarp Active Member

May 16, 2013

Could be. But I think BlueVM is not one man show.

6. Chronic

Chronic New Member

May 16, 2013
    I'm on their reseller plan. Hopefully they get this sorted soon.

7. Ishaq

Ishaq New Member Verified Provider

May 1, 2013
    Hello,

Sorry for not being active here, I'm currently in France.

Yes apparently we're moving cPanel S3 to a server with 1TB disks due to space almost reaching it's limit (apparently there's a problem, so we're waiting on IPMI, DC is slow :/). cPanel S4 is fine.

I apologize that we didn't announce or notify customers, I was pretty annoyed too.. sysadmin in charge said it was 3 AM when he started and he forgot to massmail or update our Twitter page.

If anyone else has any questions or problems, please feel free to PM me or contact me via my email ([email protected])

Thank you.

Chronic likes this.