amuck-landowner

Burst.net emergency bailout of Dallas

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Not a Burst customer but this looks interesting...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1342218

Short version: "I cannot stress this enough to all of our clients. If you do not have recent offsite backups get them ASAP. As the email states, we are willing to work with our clients and get them services in our flagship facility in Scranton, PA should they so choose. But the main thing here is getting your data OFF of these servers."

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Weren't they burned pretty bad by VolumeDrive?

I don't remember the details...wasn't it something like high 5/low 6 figures?

Perhaps a knock-on effect...

Lanarchy

Not gonna lie. I'm happy to see a thread about a shitty DC/provider, when that isn't CC.

Not that I'd wish anyone loses business or sites. But, a non-CC drama thread is a nice change around here.

Last edited by a moderator:

willie

Wtf?  From the word "cage" it sounds like they have colo equipment in Dallas, but they're not going to give any assistance to customers getting data off?  Is the gear all getting seized by the Feds, or what?  Has it been taken hostage by the data center, which sounds like grounds for calling the FBI?  And 1 month of service as compensation for this level of disruption makes them sound like complete idiots.

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Wtf?  From the word "cage" it sounds like they have colo equipment in Dallas, but they're not going to give any assistance to customers getting data off?  Is the gear all getting seized by the Feds, or what?  Has it been taken hostage by the data center, which sounds like grounds for calling the FBI?  And 1 month of service as compensation for this level of disruption makes them sound like complete idiots.
I think that sounds a bit extreme. More than likely a contract dispute and due to the dispute their contracts won't be renewed. So eventually bandwidth/power/and space will be cut off. I haven't seen any real activity or anything in their cage so I am guessing they are working on finding someone to ship off their gear or something. Their on-site tech has been gone for a few weeks. 

peterw

Not a Burst customer but this looks interesting...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1342218

Short version: "I cannot stress this enough to all of our clients. If you do not have recent offsite backups get them ASAP. As the email states, we are willing to work with our clients and get them services in our flagship facility in Scranton, PA should they so choose. But the main thing here is getting your data OFF of these servers."
They are dead. They should have said this first not trying to hide the real reason. I am sorry for their customers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That's cause, as I suspect, Burst is leaving a heap of crap behind in Scranton/Dunmore.   Since leasing company owns such and Burst doesn't want to get into legal hair splitting about moving the gear elsewhere.

My understanding is they left what they had at Corexchange and Core sold the gear for a song just to recoup some of what Burst owed them.

Not gonna lie. I'm happy to see a thread about a shitty DC/provider, when that isn't CC.

Not that I'd wish anyone loses business or sites. But, a non-CC drama thread is a nice change around here.
I am an equal opportunist when news and news..  Feel free to put some info in a PM when you find some :)

amuck-landowner