amuck-landowner

BuyVM announces free CPU upgades on all 256MB+ OVZ's in Las Vegas

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Appreciate the detailed explanation.

I would have thought Choopa would have been far more obliging & reasonable considering the amount of network outages & issues they have caused themselves.

I know you was put in an sticky situation by the mickey clowns at Colo-Crossing prior to the move to Choopa but i think the Choopa location looked good on paper but the reality has been less than impressive on a few occasions & it sounds like there is no room for improvement at that location :-/

Well im glad for the LV customers anyways :)
Honestly, if I knew we'd have as many choopa caused network issues as we have, I'd probably have reconsidered the other offers I had in the area. The fact they were being so unreasonable hasn't helped.

Their V4 network is fantastic but for a company that prided itself on being V6 ready in the early 2000's they couldn't give lesser of a shit about it now. If v6 will not get the same love as V4 (for now) I wish they'd just say that and I'd put back up an HE BGP tunnel just for some reliability. We've had to ticket more than a half dozen times so far because nlayer/etc keeps dumping a ton of V6 routes for no reason.

NJ will get a lot of love in time. For the longest time NJ/NY got more love than LV given it got the newest CPU's on the market when we provisioned it as well as a lot of other stuff.

Wouldn't it be better if you just install OpenVZ on the new node and migrate the VPS over using vzmigrate?
A tiny bit easier on customers but it'd take weeks to get everything migrated. You aren't going to ride gig+ the entire time those migrations are going especially when we have tons of customers with multiple millions of inodes.

We weighed the options and felt simply pulling things offline for < 1 hour was much easier and way more time efficient than configuring & migrating.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
For me, the line breaks are at unusual places, like after "we'll" and "128MB" in the first paragraph and just before "other things" in the second paragraph.

Find the screenshot below:
That's just how Fran types - he does 'manual' returns rather than rely on wraparound.  Drives me absolutely nuts when he emails me :p

Dylan

Choopa was quite unreasonable with us
DaveA comes across as an arrogant douchebag on LET -- half his posts are dedicated to bashing other providers -- so that doesn't really surprise me.

DaveA

Verified Provider
@Dylan - Thanks Dylan!

We have 1U colo with 250Watts for $49/m in NJ and 2U is $69, so I'm not sure how you ended up with a quote for $100 for power.   

DaveA

Verified Provider
@Francisco - Send me email dave at choopa with your issues and I'll have them all looked at.   We definitely don't want to be the reason for any problems you're having so lets get it cleared up if possible.  

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
@Francisco - Send me email dave at choopa with your issues and I'll have them all looked at.   We definitely don't want to be the reason for any problems you're having so lets get it cleared up if possible.
We've talked i'm sure. I've voiced my concerned in my usual cuss heavy way in ticket to you or one of the very high management people.

We had that power strip fail but thankfully your techs did us a solid and upgraded it to a nicer 30A strip, meaning I can get SSD's over there w/o as many headaches.

Francisco

amuck-landowner