amuck-landowner

BuyVM announces free SSD upgrades on all 256MB+ OpenVZ plans!

Well, it's plenty fast enough for me already. My little real-world test, which involves the highly difficult process of installing random stuff via Softaculous, shows some flying speeds.  :pony:

On a side note, I'm hella surprised by this:

[~]# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:           512        374        137          0          0        207
-/+ buffers/cache:        167        344
Swap:          512          0        512
That's after reboot followed by refreshing cPanel, WHM, and Magento (on OVZ, ofc). The commonly recommended minimum specs like 512MB for cPanel, another 512MB for Magento, I'm guessing must be geared toward highly active installs, not single users. Good news for a guy with several very slowly developing projects and no active sites.  :D

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
The storage upgrades were a bomb. After I fixed some GRUB issues in storage07 (the initial node), we found out the heatsinks we had on site didn't cool enough and the damn thing was throttling the cores.
That's the node I'm on!  I had some weird network issues though.  I did open up a support ticket but I think... yep... I forgot to respond back.  

Anyways glad that the upgrades went somewhat swimmingly!  

The_Hatta

That's the node I'm on!  I had some weird network issues though.  I did open up a support ticket but I think... yep... I forgot to respond back.  

Anyways glad that the upgrades went somewhat swimmingly!  
Now i know who causes all the abuse on my storage node >_>

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Now i know who causes all the abuse on my storage node >_>
Ya caught me.  I can't help it but recently I got into some nasty midget videos that I just can't stop watching now.

</sarcasm> (for those who don't know)

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner