amuck-landowner

BuyVM.NET / BuyShared.NET - Shared - $5/year | Resellers - $2.00/month! Dedicated IPv4! SSD RAID!

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
A short 3 month review:

The service is pretty stable except the router issues weeks ago and the PHP/CloudLinux issue last week.

I have 3 plans with them (signed up just a few days after the cpanel hosting launch), I'm pretty happy and I don't think you can get a Dedicated IP + pure SSD cPanel hosting for $5/year elsewhere.

And honestly, a cPanel server with SSD + Softaculous + CloudLinux + Litespeed is probably the best for shared hosting, awesome performance with the right tools. Plugins like sitebuilders and seo tools are useless and just a waste of money.

Uptime: 100% for last 7 days, 99.83% for last 30 days.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Thanks for the review :)

The brocade has been awesome. I expect no issues to come from it minus in October when we'll have to do a short few minutes downtime so I can install an additional PDU & management card for redundancy.

There will be an announcement that goes out in October when that goes on but past that smooth sailings.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Backups are now included at no additional cost :)

Users can find the option to restore/take their own backups under cPanel and then cpremote.

We were looking at building our own setup but I really didn't feel like learning more PERL

(or giving Aldryic a reason to code more PERL >_>) to write a cPanel module.

For now backups are stored on the same node. Once we're done the changes to our central backup

node we'll move them off node and onto that.

Backups are taken nightly with a weekly & a monthly along side it.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Then what's the point of it?
Well, SSD's rarely ever die + there's RAID10 so there's the safety of that.

While I know that's a 'silly comment to make', for webservers, drives are usually like

80%+ READ and then the rest WRITE/REWRITE. This means our current drives are almost idle

at times. Top that with the amount of RAM the nodes have and there is a ton of caching room.

"For now" really just means "a few weeks". We're in the midst of planning a SIMFS->Ploop

rebuild of OVZ's so we'll be making changes to our backups node to better handle that

kind of setup.

EDIT - Fixed the first paragraph since it sounded like the SSD's had RAM :p

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
@Francisco any plans on bringing PostgreSql to the reseller accounts, I already have an account and it would be a great plus. Thanks
I could enable it but I don't know a lot about it for tuning.

Since you'd be the first/only person to ever ask for it I could probably do it and not worry about it right now. :)

I'll talk with Aldryic and see.

Francisco

dobuz

I sent them an email to get enrolled as a provider but never heard back :(

I'll try again this week.

Francisco
Hi Francisco,

Any feedback from cloudflare? i remember i once applied for it, and they review the application within the same day either by approve or rejects.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Hi Francisco,

Any feedback from cloudflare? i remember i once applied for it, and they review the application within the same day either by approve or rejects.
We never got the initial email but just this morning got a 'checking in' email to see how things were going. I got it installing now, it's just doing the image rebuilding as we speak.

Francisco

amuck-landowner