amuck-landowner

Capisso VMPanel

clone1018

Hey guys, just wanted to shoot an update out. Progress is still going steady on the panel and I'm so excited for alpha soon! At the moment I'm working on hooking the servers/create API method up, and after that I'll work on client VM functions. For now I wanted to go over our release schedule, it's below:

Alpha Release

Alpha will be a "VMPanel only" release, meaning it'll include the panel, the master and anything else you'll need to create and manage your virtual servers. We won't have a WHMCS module or anything out yet and we're not promising it'll work on all systems. This will be semi-closed with a couple of people invited to checkout the panel. We hope to partner with a provider who will loan us a dedi for a day, so we can run a "pretend" business with the panel for all you guys. This will hopefully test the most important functionality and will lead the way to the beta.

Beta Release

Beta will be a more complete, polished experienced. We'll have a WHMCS/other module at this point and new hosts should be good to go with running it. At that time migration scripts will not be available. At beta we'll start selling off licenses at $75.

Release

This is the point of no return, we're launching the product, announcing it, and waiting to help and support any installation/migration problems customers might have. For a couple of months after release we'll be sporting the $75 price tag, with that going up in the future to our standard cost of $100.

If you guys have any opinions or thoughts, do let me know. There's still no release date but we'll see what we can do about August :p

blergh

Verified Provider
Sounds a bit weird to have a pricepoint set for a product that is not even finished or released.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Just remember to support IPv6 with /64 assignments to customers rather than /128's like SolusVM did.

Not sure how feasible it is, but VNC that supports remote media mounting would rock for KVM/Xen to load custom ISO's.  Saves the host from storing a bunch of random stuff.

clone1018

The IPv6 assignment size would be entirely up to you with something like /128 being the default.

I haven't thought much about custom image mounting but it was semi planned, I'll look at including it before launch.

amuck-landowner