amuck-landowner

CatalystHost VPS Review

shovenose

Verified Provider
I've been using CatalystHost for several months now. During that time, there were no unexplained outages or periods of downtime. The one or two planned maintenenaces that have occurred during the time I've been with them ahve all been proactive preventative measures that I was notified ahead of time. Even then, those planned maintenances were always shorter than the allotted window and I felt that while most providers would have been negligent and avoided the issues until it caused a big problem, CatalystHost nipped the issues in the bud before it become a big problem, which increased the security and stability for everyone :)

Customer service at CatalystHost has always been excellent. All three of the people there, Jarland, Ryan, and Don, will go above and beyond to make sure your query is dealt with in a timely, efficient, and helpful manner. For example, just a day or two ago I wanted an OS reinstall on my KVM VPS since I had no SolusVM access (due to their wise choice to disable it so it didn't turn into another RamNode or ChicagoVPS problem with wiped nodes and customer data expoded). My OS reinstall was done within minutes and there was some helpful security advice included as well.

Clearly CatalystHost values their customers, and it shows. Performance of all of my VPS's have been great. The service is not oversold to death like other providers in their price range (even though they are not the cheapest, it's still way cheaper than Linode, for example). The network consistenly speedtested at the promised speeds, even though due to geographic location I had some issues with latency which is why I've decided to move some of my VPS's elsewhere and cancel the CatalystHost ones - not because I'm dissatisfied in any way with the service but because I need my WHMCS hosted closer to home so that me and my target customers can access it with less lag.

In summary, I highly recommend CatalystHost for your personal and business needs. You will sleep well at night knowing that your data is safe and the nodes are monitored. Issues that will inevitable come up once in a while due to the nature of the industry will be dealt with before you even notice said issue, which is great.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
Somehow you skipped this part? "If they ever open another location in a different datacenter I will be the first one to buy a VPS there."
I didn't skip it. Michael, I value you as a client. I have no beef with you. I am quite proud of our network and our relationship with Incero. With Incero we have one of the finest network blends in our market and your network performance on your own server with Incero is not a valid point for review with us. You are welcome at Catalyst any time. However, if you'd like to review Incero, please review Incero. If you'd like to review Catalyst, please review Catalyst. This came off as another attempt at an underhanded jab at Gordon. I respect Gordon quite a bit. Please keep us out of your personal issues.

shovenose

Verified Provider
I didn't skip it. Michael, I value you as a client. I have no beef with you. I am quite proud of our network and our relationship with Incero. With Incero we have one of the finest network blends in our market and your network performance on your own server with Incero is not a valid point for review with us. You are welcome at Catalyst any time. However, if you'd like to review Incero, please review Incero. If you'd like to review Catalyst, please review Catalyst. This came off as another attempt at an underhanded jab at Gordon. I respect Gordon quite a bit. Please keep us out of your personal issues.
 I've edited my review - good?

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
@shovenose

I have removed that meme because this isn't "that other forum", however my advice for you is to grow up because acting childish won't do you any good. Just wait until Monday, pick up the phone and call Incero. Be polite, apologize, be diplomatic and resolve your issues. In the meantime find something else to do if you can't stay away from typing or posting on a forum. Good luck!

MCH-Phil

Verified Provider
Overall: Recommended; solid service, mediocre pricing, excellent customer service.  

Performance: Excellent disk performance, decent network performance.  

Stability: Never had any downtime there was one short planned maintenance but it was warned ahead of time several times proactively.  

Customer Service/Support: Always above and beyond.
Let us help you.  This is your review.  Not the other BS. 

Congrats on the great review Catalyst Host!

Edited:  to make easier to read :D

jarland

The ocean is digital
Make no mistake that the intent here is to encourage other clients of ours to follow in his footsteps of canceling Catalyst services in protest to Incero. While I am well aware that he will have no luck in this, it is not appreciated and he will have worn out his welcome at Catalyst very fast. As always, I do not take my disappointment out on a client from WHMCS, SolusVM, or the nodes themselves. However, I may consider denying Michael any further service as his money comes with a drama component that is simply unappreciated. That's just a bit of that old fashioned "honesty and transparency" that we talk about.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Overall: Recommended; solid service, mediocre pricing, excellent customer service.

Performance: Excellent disk performance, decent network performance.

Stability: Never had any downtime there was one short planned maintenance but it was warned ahead of time several times proactively.

Customer Service/Support: Always above and beyond.

Sounds like a great company, one worthy of sticking with.

Other Information: I have been cancelling all of my CatalystHost services one by one and my last one will probably be cancelled tomorrow. Why am I doing this? Because of personal issues with one of their upstream providers (Incero). If CatalystHost ever open another location in a different datacenter I will be the first one to buy a VPS there because I enjoy their stellar service and I know they value their customers.
Ohhh... well, good luck with your next host then.

What you do is your own business, if you wish to cancel your admittedly great service due to their choice of upstream then go for it. Though keep in mind that this does not remove any business from Incerno, instead it removes business from the provider you just praised so well and has worked to keep you happy.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Though keep in mind that this does not remove any business from Incerno, instead it removes business from the provider you just praised so well and has worked to keep you happy.
If every single person on this planet decided they would not use any VPS host that hosts on ColoCrossing, ColoCrossing would have to change or go out of business.

MCH-Phil

Verified Provider
If every single person on this planet decided they would not use any VPS host that hosts on ColoCrossing, ColoCrossing would have to change or go out of business.
This is not how the world works though.  If pigs flew...

@shovenose, may I suggest taking a break for a few days from posting on forums.  You need to really think about what you are doing.  This is a very bastard-ly thing to do.  Any respect anyone has for you will be gone quickly doing things like this.  Yes you had a disagreement with a host, not this host.  That's like being upset at McDonalds but complaining about Burger King.  Makes no sense.  Ya know burger king is good and all but when I eat mcdonalds before hand it doesn't sit well with me.

jarland

The ocean is digital
So by this comparison I assume you want us to change or go out of business based on your personal interactions with Gordon. Very mature. Our clients have never been more pleased and we have one of the best network blends around. I just did a test and pushed 977Mbit from Dallas to Atlanta via one of our nodes. I'm not interested in moving.

jarland

The ocean is digital
I do not want you to go out of business. But I want you to change :)
Oh good, you just want us to drop all of our investment and start over. You want us to have to struggle to put food on the table. I get it, loud and clear. Everything isn't about you, Michael. That is the end of this conversation for me. You are welcome at Catalyst. Do not make me regret those words.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Oh good, you just want us to drop all of our investment and start over. You want us to have to struggle to put food on the table. I get it, loud and clear. Everything isn't about you, Michael. That is the end of this conversation for me.
Jarland, I hope your business is successful - I hope you get 100 new customers every day and that not a single one spams, hacks, abuses, or frauds. I hope you can put food on the table 24/7 unlimited. 

My dream would be CatalystHost proudly offering services out of a datacenter I own, in addition to Incero in Dallas.  :) And in a few years, maybe that will be possible. But in the meantime, just think about your choices and perhaps you will open another location elsewhere.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
My dream would be CatalystHost proudly offering services out of a datacenter I own, in addition to Incero in Dallas. :) And in a few years, maybe that will be possible. But in the meantime, just think about your choices and perhaps you will open another location elsewhere.
@shovenose you're not high, are you?

amuck-landowner