amuck-landowner

CatalystHost VPS Review

shovenose

Verified Provider
I want to apologize to CatalystHost and the community for my unexcusable immature and unprofessional behavior and attitude recently. I have updated my review (first post in this thread) to something that is truthful and helpful to the community. I am going to work really hard starting now to act like the adult I am, and less like the angry german kid in the YouTube video Mun posted. I owe a lot to this community and acting like a moron is not a good way to show that appreciation - hopefully I can get past my history and prove over time that I have what it takes to run a successful hosting company. 

On the other hand, I would appreciate, and it would be beneficial to me, if the other members of this community, even those that don't exactly like me, would act mature themself and act as a role model of how they want me to act. Posting inappropriate promo codes and linking to YouTube videos that have nothing to do with me would be a good example of things I don't need directed at me at this time.

People can change and hopefully I can succeed in doing so. I almost had a positive streak going here and that got interrupted by my conflict with Incero, but I can recover and am determined to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mun

Never Forget
I want to apologize to CatalystHost and the community for my unexcusable immature and unprofessional behavior and attitude recently. I have updated my review (first post in this thread) to something that is truthful and helpful to the community. I am going to work really hard starting now to act like the adult I am, and less like the angry german kid in the YouTube video Mun posted. I owe a lot to this community and acting like a moron is not a good way to show that appreciation - hopefully I can get past my history and prove over time that I have what it takes to run a successful hosting company. 

On the other hand, I would appreciate, and it would be beneficial to me, if the other members of this community, even those that don't exactly like me, would act mature themself and act as a role model of how they want me to act. Posting inappropriate promo codes and linking to YouTube videos that have nothing to do with me would be a good example of things I don't need directed at me at this time.

People can change and hopefully I can succeed in doing so. I almost had a positive streak going here and that got interrupted by my conflict with Incero, but I can recover and am determined to do so.

**Claps**

You are the one who leaves yourself open for this. The bad promo codes are related to you. I am only showing you what you present yourself as.

Mun

Edit: what is a better word to use then want. :scratches head: How did I do that?

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
I want to apologize to CatalystHost and the community...
@shovenose considering how you're acting my conclusion is simple: you're bored! That's it! You're always trying to entertain yourself here or on that other forum and in-between getting your jollies and accomplishing something you manage to dig a whole for yourself and then jump. These are signs of immaturity. This won't be your last "boo-boo", I'm pretty sure of that.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
There were bridges?  Where!  

Regarding the actual topic on hand though, I personally am not surprised.  I apologize that we could not provide your required service and that we have failed to accommodate your needs.  But please reflect on your own personal status/events that have happend on this forum today.

You've reduced the number of datacenters/providers that are willing to work with you.  Business is built on relationships and maintaining those relationships.  You have to have a relationship with your datacenter/provider in order to even have a server up.  You need a relationship with your clients in order to have them trust you enough to host with you (and hopefully recommend more clients to you).  To me, you've ruined so many relationships here with today's issues, I just don't know what to say.  

I'd like to let you know that even after the Slowloris/DoS incident we were courteous to you and treated you with respect (even though that specific incident has still angered me to this day).  It's my understanding that even after such an event occurred several of Catalyst's staff continued to be helpful in getting your servers up and running (e.g. the Skype conversation copy and paste located in the Incero ticket which wasn't even a VPS service through us).  

After today's incidents (and this) I can't really say anything except how disappointed I am right now.  But, I accept your apology and I hope others can accept it as well.  I can't say the same for anyone else on staff because they're their own individuals and have their own right to accept or reject apologies, but I'd really wish for you to reflect on your situation.  How you got to such a point, how you can prevent it next time, how it could have even been avoided.  I feel like you always go through the same cycle but don't understand WHY it occurred.  Part of this amazing thing we call life is that we learn and we develop ourselves as individuals.  

Please review everything that has happened today, return another day with a calm head and understanding from not only your own perspective, but from others as well.  Once you return, I'd like to suggest you attempt to do right to those you have wronged.  Remember, there are many people who do not forget problem clients/providers, and that could be difficult for your future.  

Wow that got philosophical fast.  

jarland

The ocean is digital

Accepted and moving forward. We all have our bad moments. Thanks for the great review of our services.

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Hmmm...My comment disappeared during maintenance. Apology accepted and as Jarland and Don have said above moving forward :) Thanks for the great review of our services. 

rocky009

I am looking for a VPS host, i've been on webhostingtalk and have gotten some good offers, taking more offers on a VPS hosting if you have any? :)

i will make my final choice on which hosting site to buy my VPS server from soon

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I am looking for a VPS host, i've been on webhostingtalk and have gotten some good offers, taking more offers on a VPS hosting if you have any? :)

i will make my final choice on which hosting site to buy my VPS server from soon
Well hello rocky! May I suggest you open up your own thread about this? This is definitely not the right place for it. https://vpsboard.com/forum/23-service-requests/ Would be a great place for you to start.

Or, may I suggest http://dailyserverdeals.com/ for your needs?

jcaleb

I don't like Catalyst, they don't have 4GB RAM plan for 15$/year.  But they do have awesome support, very nice people and rock solid product!

rocky009

amuck-landowner