amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS acquires 123systems

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Ernie's a nice guy, good on sales, and a family guy at heart. He did own HVH until he was ~3k in debt to them, then we all know what happened. 
$3k is nothing, chicken feed.   Unsure why someone stresses about $3k debt.  HVH had to be turning sales per month that were alright.  Multiples more than $3k.   Whether margin there vs. costs to get caught up, who knows.

Amount of cashola said to be flowing through HVH these days on an annual basis is said to be high $xxx,xxx.  Not an amount just to go unnoticed. Seems to be doing rather well (but margins may not be so hot considering the bargain pricing).

Ernie's a nice guy, good on sales, and a family guy at heart.
That's one of the reasons I've been moderately civil about Ernie and I've even talked to him in the past.

Must say this isn't the first CC related deal with a number attached to it.  UGVPS was a $4k buyout / deal / maybe debt... Haven't asked for clarification yet.

Beginning to wonder if LET/LEB weren't much less on purchase price than some prior numbers bandied about.

Note to anyone dealing with CC and long term contracts, their agreements won't stand up in Court.  Unenforceable as is.  Feel free to bail as needed.  Consult your legal counsel to confirm.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Note to anyone dealing with CC and long term contracts, their agreements won't stand up in Court.
Yeah, that's what burstnet thought and look what happened to them. :p

comment is in reference to the little fact that Velocity Servers Inc was relatively debt free until last August.  Since that time it has been relying heavily on secured financing.  Bank of America UCC filings are now a monthly thing: April, May, June, July.  Other secured creditors taken on in the past year include Brocade, financing companies, and equipment lease companies.  tl;dr they better hope Spamhaus doesn't whack the remaining 36% of their IPs which would put a crimp in CC's revenue growth (and cause an exodus of dedicated server renters) and could put them in a precarious position...

$3k is nothing
A few hundred more than that slushee machine in the other thread...   That's not an amount I would expect someone to sign over their life and become an indentured servant over

edited to add:  NY State has fairly good asset protections laws if you get sued and lose. 90% of wages are protected, and creditors can't touch the first $1920 in any bank account which is protected by the EIP Act so with only $3K debt the amount a creditor would be able to grab if they won a judgement is probably much less.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
comment is in reference to the little fact that Velocity Servers Inc was relatively debt free until last August.  Since that time it has been relying heavily on secured financing.  Bank of America UCC filings are now a monthly thing: April, May, June, July.  Other secured creditors taken on in the past year include Brocade, financing companies, and equipment lease companies.  tl;dr they better hope Spamhaus doesn't whack the remaining 36% of their IPs which would put a crimp in CC's revenue growth (and cause an exodus of dedicated server renters) and could put them in a precarious position...
Well, CC should have been on leasing arrangements years ago.  Should have been piles of UCC filings each year.  Problem with these docs are the lack of parts inventories and dollars at play on many of them.  I believe I saw E3's on one recent and some SSDs... No mention of E5's right? :)  Wondering how big that Florida UCC filing linked to family money back in what 2011-12 was - cause that likely provided either their float or collateral for borrowing.

Unsure what's up with them and leasing big picture, but their name and one leasing company illicited some funny AVOID comments without any details.  So they did something ahh known to be bad/naughty in that circle.

A few hundred more than that slushee machine in the other thread...   That's not an amount I would expect someone to sign over their life and become an indentured servant over
That is so funny on so many levels.  CC and their tech cast system of sorts.

$3k is nothing. $3k doesn't even cover the cost of a real node build. Not talking about glorified pro-consumer stuff aka E3's. (not hating on small newbs running E3 nodes they own but - yeah)

This again kids, is why I FROWN heavily on companies who are pure rental from their DC / upstream middleman.  Fine first six months maybe a year.  I see multi-year companies still on leased/rented gear and folks just can't do basic math / swing the cash to buy / string together lending / get credit card to buy gear aka they don't have a business.

But then again the formula in segment is 1. Rent a server (simple will sell to a 9 year old with a payment that goes through), 2. Use same paypal for payments  3. Buy month to month host-in-a-box licenses  4. Rip terms and site from whoever, customize in 2 hours.   5. Register domain  6. Go to LET / WHT and post bomb offers.

Rallias

This leaves BlueVM as the sole known baby project over there.  They too were a paid to slab Xen horror combination of multiple over packed dedicated servers into tiny Xen chunks with retarded number of containers per slab.  They too were November/December 2013 outsource gig.  So.... The clock is running and actually might be a deal strung longer ago than that (i.e. June - September 2013).
BlueVM slabbing was a part of the feathur roll-out, not an outsourced job.

Last edited by a moderator:

libro22

Ernie's a nice guy, good on sales, and a family guy at heart. He did own HVH until he was ~3k in debt to them, then we all know what happened.
Oh so that's what happened, I didn't know that. I got a pretty good deal from HVH when I needed to migrate before. Nice people to talk to, fast response even when I am from the other side of the globe. A few months after, I was getting billed by CC in my credit card. Despite what happened, I continued for several more months since the service is going the way it should be. Dropped them, however, earlier this year.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Correction: what "it" told me was a lie. One has to go through one more process to be completely unsubscribed, it appears. Because today I get an e-mail about a big summer sale and at the end it tells me:
"As a current or past customer of BlueVM you are receiving this message."

And apparently I have to login to WHMCS and find an option to not receive e-mails from them, and then I will supposedly not get any more of it. Ho-hum.

At least BlueVM's unsubscribe function works (or so it told me):

Better to get out before the shit hits the fan, big time.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So I guess the one question that hasn't been asked is, is 123Systems continuing as a brand

or is it going to be merged into ChicagoVPS like the other 2 - 3 buyouts have done?

Francisco

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
So I guess the one question that hasn't been asked is, is 123Systems continuing as a brand

or is it going to be merged into ChicagoVPS like the other 2 - 3 buyouts have done?
Today's spam says continue as a separate brand.

3piqQ9C.png

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I'm not sure what benefit they get from running it as 2 brands.

They can't post to WHT and once slickdeals finds out they're toast over there as well.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Today's spam says continue as a separate brand.

3piqQ9C.png
They really need to proofread their stuff before hitting send.

It's a shame that Biloh continues to ghost write and sign such as Chris Fabozzi.

Somewhere recently - with the CVPS acquires ElectricByte, Fab graced us with his presence and when I jumped on fact that 6x they called the acquired company the wrong name, he passed the buck and blamed it on the help / people he has doing such.

I am beginning to think maybe Biloh is Fabozzi's employee :)  Cause he surely wrote this.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
All these emails and their heavy discounts sound more like fundraising than anything. Maybe once they get enough collected, they can launch some LA servers finally to reintroduce stock?..

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
All these emails and their heavy discounts sound more like fundraising than anything. Maybe once they get enough collected, they can launch some LA servers finally to reintroduce stock?..
(snickers and snorts)

LAX CC has been bad news for folks for months.  I haven't a true clue of why.  But I will say, CC couldn't issue clean IPs in LAX for month or better.  Also, order a dedicated server there, expect to wait a real long time --- read: MONTHS.  I know of people sat waiting on server delivery for more than 2 months.

amuck-landowner