amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS acquires 123systems

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Funny Fabozzi just said this on LET:

<-- SNIP -->

ChicagoVPS no longer owns 123Systems, so please stop associating it with us :)

Press release to come in a few days time as the new owner gets situated.

<-- SNAP -->

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/36537/123systems-are-very-bad#latest
It's kind of hard not to associate him with it when the WHOIS info still shows him as the owner...

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

Domain Name: 123SYSTEMS.NET

Registry Domain ID: 1585561719_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com

Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com

Update Date: 2014-08-27 09:59:22

Creation Date: 2010-02-16 01:39:34

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-02-16 01:39:34

Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registrar IANA ID: 146

Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]

Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505

Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited

Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited

Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited

Registry Registrant ID:

Registrant Name: Chris Fabozzi

Registrant Organization: 123systems

Registrant Street: 9697 Garden Walk

Registrant City: Clarence Center

Registrant State/Province: New York

Registrant Postal Code: 14032

Registrant Country: United States

Registrant Phone: +1.7164357305

Registrant Phone Ext:

Registrant Fax:

Registrant Fax Ext:

Registrant Email: [email protected]

Registry Admin ID:

Admin Name: Chris Fabozzi

Admin Organization: 123systems

Admin Street: 9697 Garden Walk

Admin City: Clarence Center

Admin State/Province: New York

Admin Postal Code: 14032

Admin Country: United States

Admin Phone: +1.7164357305

Admin Phone Ext:

Admin Fax:

Admin Fax Ext:

Admin Email: [email protected]

Registry Tech ID:

Tech Name: Chris Fabozzi

Tech Organization: 123systems

Tech Street: 9697 Garden Walk

Tech City: Clarence Center

Tech State/Province: New York

Tech Postal Code: 14032

Tech Country: United States

Tech Phone: +1.7164357305

Tech Phone Ext:

Tech Fax:

Tech Fax Ext:

Tech Email: [email protected]

Name Server: ADAM.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM

Name Server: WANDA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM

DNSSEC: unsigned

URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-10-30T22:00:00Z

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Well, seeing as how "new owner gets situated" is typically analogous with "we're still trying to put together a new fake persona" when that bunch is involved, delays are to be expected.

trewq

Verified Provider
new fake persona
I don't understand how they keep getting away with it. Even using fake names in WHMCS for support staff seems illegal and immoral to me, it's just pure misrepresentation.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Said it on other thread... 123Systems will get rolled into BlueVM... That's my guess.

Not many companies out there, legitimate ones that want the headaches of a lowend VPS company that:

1. Has a terrible reputation

2. Banks sales probably nearly entirely on annuals

3. Has a good year almost of strange behavior.

4. Is massively slumping and unlikely to be able to move any products in sales process.

Here's the thing,  the 123Systems deal was done by Fabozzi/Biloh ~ November of 2013.  That's when 123Systems moved completely into CC (always a clear indicator and why they tend to acquire CC-previously-only companies).   So something here I suspect with that timeline and this 1 year anniversary.  Is this when the former owner is officially out on paper or what is at play here?

KMyers

I don't understand how they keep getting away with it. Even using fake names in WHMCS for support staff seems illegal and immoral to me, it's just pure misrepresentation.
It is not illegal rather extreamly unethical. Illegal would mean that it violates law an I am unaware of any laws forbidding the use of alaises for most things. Immoaral is also a tough one as not everyone shares or defines their morals from the same place. In parts of the world, it is perfectly moral to look down on those who are not as rich as you and to others say that drug use is fine.

Unfortunately it is rather common in the industry with Web Hosting companies who outsource their supprt to India, Pakastan or other countries. They often give these techs American Sounding names. I personally feel this is lieing to the coustomer and do not support this.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It is not illegal rather extreamly unethical. Illegal would mean that it violates law an I am unaware of any laws forbidding the use of alaises for most things. Immoaral is also a tough one as not everyone shares or defines their morals from the same place. In parts of the world, it is perfectly moral to look down on those who are not as rich as you and to others say that drug use is fine.

Unfortunately it is rather common in the industry with Web Hosting companies who outsource their supprt to India, Pakastan or other countries. They often give these techs American Sounding names. I personally feel this is lieing to the coustomer and do not support this.
Good to see your around here Keith, been a while.

It's not very hard to determine when the "Jim" answering your ticket is probably "[insert generic Indian name here]" in real life, generally the communication and grasp of the English language and phrasing used is apparent enough to determine if the person responding to your tickets is located in Indiana or India. In fact, if I were working for a company I'd personally feel a bit saddened and upset if they were ashamed of hiring me to the point of assigning me a name of another ethnicity, from the employer/employee perspective that is a bit messed up and I'm surprised that outsourced workers actually go with it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It's deceptive the practice of lying about support, inferring onshore support, etc.

Think about it.. 

1. You have lowend companies who pretend to have support (your only support is the poorly paid abroad fresher)...  Which usually the support is more of a hazard than a help.

2. You have some subset of these and subset of non lowend that purport to have 24/7 support.  They bolster their ranks with off hours exploitation labor abroad.  Many of them oversell said support capabilities and price point customers are paying, well they deserve better.

Really, myself, I am amazed that companies need so many support folks, considering most sellers are offer unmanaged services.  Appears to be idiot or lazy person at helm of these operations where they are running straight to outsourcing.  I guess some of them just could potentially have that many customers, but I doubt it.

"DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING?

A way to promote a buyer to buy with lies or false claims."

^--- that's how I see things.

Each State in the USA and the Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over this domain.    What we need is for their lazy check collecting padded rears to take notice and action.

KMyers

Good to see your around here Keith, been a while.
I lurk around here from time to time

It's not very hard to determine when the "Jim" answering your ticket is probably "[insert generic Indian name here]" in real life, generally the communication and grasp of the English language and phrasing used is apparent enough to determine if the person responding to your tickets is located in Indiana or India. In fact, if I were working for a company I'd personally feel a bit saddened and upset if they were ashamed of hiring me to the point of assigning me a name of another ethnicity, from the employer/employee perspective that is a bit messed up and I'm surprised that outsourced workers actually go with it.
True. I know several people in the US with Indian names, they have a better grasp of the English language then most. I can see through the fake names scheme better then most

KMyers

It's deceptive the practice of lying about support, inferring onshore support, etc.

Think about it.. 

1. You have lowend companies who pretend to have support (your only support is the poorly paid abroad fresher)...  Which usually the support is more of a hazard than a help.

2. You have some subset of these and subset of non lowend that purport to have 24/7 support.  They bolster their ranks with off hours exploitation labor abroad.  Many of them oversell said support capabilities and price point customers are paying, well they deserve better.

Really, myself, I am amazed that companies need so many support folks, considering most sellers are offer unmanaged services.  Appears to be idiot or lazy person at helm of these operations where they are running straight to outsourcing.  I guess some of them just could potentially have that many customers, but I doubt it.

"DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING?

A way to promote a buyer to buy with lies or false claims."

^--- that's how I see things.

Each State in the USA and the Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over this domain.    What we need is for their lazy check collecting padded rears to take notice and action.
I cant agree more. It peeves me to no end to see "Summer Hosts" offer 24-7 onsite support.

I do however get a chuckle when these "Summer Hosts" also claim to own in infrastructure that rivals most large datacenters.

Most (smart) hosts who do outsource overseas are often careful on their wording. There is a massive difference with the 3 marketing blurbs below

Host 1

We have support availible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to be able to help you.

Host 2

We staff a support desk that provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you.

Host 3

We have our own onsite support desk to provide you with assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Host 1 was smart to simply speak of the service that customers can expect. They do not elude to the fact that they are staffing their own support teams yet are also not claiming to outsource.

Host 2 made the statement "we staff" which eludes to a company owned/managed help desk. This is starting to streach the truth and unintentionally decieve customers. While it does not state that they dont outsource their support, a customer who reads this will draw the logical conclusion that they do.

Host 3 is making the bold asertion that they have their own on-site support team that will help the customers when indeed it is outsourced. This was made to solely hide the fact that they outsource.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Host 1

We have support availible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to be able to help you.

Host 2

We staff a support desk that provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you.

Host 3

We have our own onsite support desk to provide you with assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Problem with those is they are all deceptive.

In traditional tangible world, I can't say I ever see such bold claims.   I call the utility company and presto, they have standard operating hours.   Maybe the cable company has extended, albeit limited hours beyond the normal hours. Everyone else, strict mostly on biz hours in their timezone.  

Ambitious or diverse customer base companies, well they will run their local hours and cover say a 12 hour chunk of the day.

I really, honestly, cannot think of a parallel in any other industry where people lie so frequently about "features" they do not have or offer....

But.... This... http://www.chicagovps.net/about.html

• What do your current customers think of you?The idea of parading meaningless and unverified quotes from apparently happy clients has never appealed to us. Instead, we welcome you to send us an email with any inquiries and see for yourself what we're all about. We are fully registered in the state of New York under our parent company - New Wave NetConnect, LLC. Additionally - ChicagoVPS is BBB accredited with an A rating. We are here for the long haul!
vs reality

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-reviews/internet-web-hosting/chicagovps-in-clarence-ctr-ny-235967102/

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
ChicagoVPS
Phone: (716) 435-73059697 Garden Walk, Clarence Ctr, NY 14032http://www.chicagovps.net

cbbb-non-accred-c-minus.png

On a scale of A+ to F

Time to update :)

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner