amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS / CVPS Hacked. New SolusVM exploit? (Content Restored) [PT. 1/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Simple fact is, if he knows what the problem is and doesn't bother telling the developers then ultimately he's harming himself. No-one will trust him, no-one will want is control panel and no-one will want to provide him with services.

Do you really want someone like that hanging around?
I think you can remove "will" from all the sentences. No-one should trust this name changer, trying to get some easy money from the people over at LET. Not once but multiple times.

netnub

SolusVM decided to ignore my ticket; I opened one a hour or so ago, they bumped it to management review, then they deleted the ticket. I have pictures on my iPhone as I submitted it from there.

I guess its time.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Sure, go ahead. Our SolusVM is off and as are most of the providers that are any good around here. Release that shit and be done with it.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
SolusVM decided to ignore my ticket; I opened one a hour or so ago, they bumped it to management review, then they deleted the ticket. I have pictures on my iPhone as I submitted it from there.

I guess its time.
You're talking utter crap. I would LOVE to see this proof from your 'iPhone'.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

I guess its time.
If you've got proof that you submitted a ticket, as in a screenshot or something, then please do post.

Tactical

Where is the beer!
I wanna see 2. I about to start making some ye gar bombs. Anyone want one? Cause the poop is gonna hit the ceiling! lol  

mnsalem

Latest email still BEING sent out to users, as reported on LET (not everyone received this yet)

Around 3am Eastern Standat Time (EST) today, there was a security breach, due to a vulnerability in SolusVM that allowed a command line to be run to dump the ChicagoVPS SolusVM client database and attempt to delete all data from our nodes. Our staff is working tirelessly to get everything back online, along working with SolusVM to address the root issue and no furthur impact is expected.

Now what does this mean for the customer? All passwords should be changed, this includes passwords for SolusVM control panel and your VPS. This data leak does not include billing information or credit card information. Thus far we are having great success in getting nodes back online with no data loss, however, there are a few that were not recoverable and will be restored using our offsite backups.

Once the situation is 100% complete and back to normal we will send another email out. We understand the sevarity and importance to get everything back online quickly. With that in mind, please try to refrain from opening a ticket or replying to an old one as it only slows us down even more. We are doing our best, and hope to have this fully resolved within 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Your ChicagoVPS Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
You're talking utter crap. I would LOVE to see this proof from your 'iPhone'.
Why would you assume he's lying, because you don't like what he said? After SolusVM has been exposed for their bad programming techniques, is this really that hard to believe?

sv01

Slow but sure
waiting for people from CVPS give more details regarding hack and backup files. Don't tell (again) it's unknown exploit and you wont report that :)

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
@sv01,

You'll need to wait a bit longer :)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Can you elaborate on that a bit? To set peoples minds at a little ease :)
There's nothing I can say to ease the minds of users. All I can say is I have seen evidence that contradicts what CurtisG is claiming that the ticket was deleted and that he received no reply.

Yes, I do know Phill. Yes, I have spoken to him a number of times during all of this crap which is why I've been more keen to see the 'evidence' of such exploits.

mnsalem

Around 3am Eastern Standat Time (EST) today, there was a security breach, due to a vulnerability in SolusVM that allowed a command line to be run to dump the ChicagoVPS SolusVM client database and attempt to delete all data from our nodes. Our staff is working tirelessly to get everything back online, along working with SolusVM to address the root issue and no furthur impact is expected.

Now what does this mean for the customer? All passwords should be changed, this includes passwords for SolusVM control panel and your VPS. This data leak does not include billing information or credit card information. Thus far we are having great success in getting nodes back online with no data loss, however, there are a few that were not recoverable and will be restored using our offsite backups.

Once the situation is 100% complete and back to normal we will send another email out. We understand the sevarity and importance to get everything back online quickly. With that in mind, please try to refrain from opening a ticket or replying to an old one as it only slows us down even more. We are doing our best, and hope to have this fully resolved within 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Your ChicagoVPS Team
COPIED over from LET.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
^ this. Exactly this.
Ok cool. What I meant by ease peoples minds is that this dude said SolusVM ignored him... Kinda seemed bad in the eyes of a customer/provider that they would do that knowing the severity of the vulnerabilities... Atleast we have someone with more knowledge then the rest of us :)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Ok cool. What I meant by ease peoples minds is that this dude said SolusVM ignored him... Kinda seemed bad in the eyes of a customer/provider that they would do that knowing the severity of the vulnerabilities... Atleast we have someone with more knowledge then the rest of us :)
I'm saying the opposite, that he wasn't ignored :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner