amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS reaching new levels of desperation

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Mark my words:

2014. Lowend.  Mass consolidation.

Deals won't be done for even 6 months of revenue due to volatility (specific to low end hosts).

I don't think a single deal we've seen in low end in past year involved real money trading hands.  All of them felt like understaffed sole operators needing more round clock staff, more opportunities, etc.

Eventually, someone like Rus will come knocking again.  Oh wait, didn't RootLevel kind of do that with URPad --- at least the consolidate and migrate users to strange foreign locations.  (but I think they actually spent cash to acquire).

Brands that exist on price alone, will die by the quarter each downtick of a dime and nickel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
At first RLT gave off the feeling that it was going to be the new Rus in the market but I think things

kinda went tits up with some of the buy outs. Semoweb went smoothly from what I could tell but

the brands they took out of CC seemed to be messy.

Francisco

maounique

The buyout of "hosts" in this market will not work. I mean there can be exceptions but when the host has mostly hoppers for the lowest price of a new IP, then it will definitely not work. 

There is an IP infusion now as people race to get as much as possible from last /8 before the restrictions come into place, no wonder we didnt have many spammers recently, they are busy elsewhere with offers like 5 IPs per VPS by default.

In my view it is not even possible to have a business relying heavily on the low end customers. This will probably change after ARIN goes to the last /8 and this influx of IPs will cease but I believe 2014 will be marked by it and the low-end market might not recover.

vRozenSch00n

Semoweb went smoothly from what I could tell but

the brands they took out of CC seemed to be messy.

Francisco
Yeah, I'm still using Semoweb, not a superb box, but hey I was following Dustin C. 

A week a go I opened a ticket regarding SolusVM still pointing to the old IP, it was replied in 10 minutes and resolved in 5 minutes. 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
2048MB (2GB) RAM
2000GB Monthly Bandwidth
2x IPv4 Addresses
Discounted Price: ONLY $1.67 per month! ($60 per 3 years).

They are kidding. Did they not have enough ips? Or are all of their new subnets allready blacklisted?
Someone say blacklisted?

SBL210701 Botnet / Colocrossing

SBL210655 ROKSO /Colocrossing

SBL210648 ROKSO / BlueVM

SBL210636 ROKSO / BlueVM

SBL210635 ROKSO / ColoCrossing

SBL210624 ROKSO / ColoCrossing

SBL210623 ROKSO / HudsonValleyHost

SBL210521 HudsonValleyHost

SBL210356 Oktay

SBL210271 ChicagoVPS

SBL209750 Foroquimica (ComfortHost)

SBL209010 ROKSO / ColoCrossing

SBL208687 Robert Josephs

6 of the 7 ROKSO listings are for  "DomainClub" but they're spread across several brands that CC has a "relationship" with.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
We received a ROKSO listing yesterday, had the case resolved and closed in about 15 minutes. Suspend the user, tell them it's suspended, done.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
We received a ROKSO listing yesterday, had the case resolved and closed in about 15 minutes. Suspend the user, tell them it's suspended, done.
Ditto.  Spamhaus is very easy to work with... quite often, one of the guys there will just call or email me directly, and let me take care of the issue instead of putting a listing.

They're pretty well aware of CC's intentional selling to spammers at this point :p

serverian

Verified Provider
Someone say blacklisted?

SBL210701 Botnet / Colocrossing

SBL210655 ROKSO /Colocrossing

SBL210648 ROKSO / BlueVM

SBL210636 ROKSO / BlueVM

SBL210635 ROKSO / ColoCrossing

SBL210624 ROKSO / ColoCrossing

SBL210623 ROKSO / HudsonValleyHost

SBL210521 HudsonValleyHost

SBL210356 Oktay

SBL210271 ChicagoVPS

SBL209750 Foroquimica (ComfortHost)

SBL209010 ROKSO / ColoCrossing

SBL208687 Robert Josephs

6 of the 7 ROKSO listings are for  "DomainClub" but they're spread across several brands that CC has a "relationship" with.
That is a subnet of a dedicated customer.

amuck-landowner