amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing and vpsBoard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Don't be so defensive... I didn't say you deleted anything, I just said it "disappeared".

I typed, I clicked "Post", the page reloaded and my post was nowhere to be seen.
I wasn't offended, sorry if I came off as defensive. I just wanted to respond to that to make it clear, that's all :)

For everyone else, I've read every response. Just waiting for more opinions before we proceed with anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

sleddog

I thought I was the one with the foil hat collection  :popcorn:

Paging the NSA, sleddog would like his post back.  Please retrieve from the archive and send it to his top secret email.
Not sure what this post was intended to achieve. Reported for abuse.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, the internet ate your post.   The internet forgets nothing.  Thus the retrieval request.

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
The same has happened to me a few times.  Typically in time when I'm noticing routing irregularities.
Me too. This is why I like using a browser where I can just hit the back button and have any form state still be as it was.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- I agree @Shados.   I find myself using notepad equivalents to write responses more and more, just in case.  Doubles are preservation for records of posts too.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
Well the more I read this thread the more I am finding myself back in the land of reality.

I think the best way to move on from this is to simply understand some people just don't care what others think, obviously we have 2 very separate camps here:

1) Those who love the drama, they come here for it and thrive on it and really don't care who it annoys, they are here because of the general subject matter but more so for the drama attached to that.

2) those that love the community with out the obsessive drama but can cope with some of it in moderation but are generally here due to an interest and actually do care what other people think or feel and do make an effort when possible not to annoy people.

The sad fact is these different types of people can never really co exist in a place without firm guidelines. it is not that either of us set out to annoy the other we are just different, and that is fine.

So I will just back out of this now like it never happened, if it continues to annoy me and I keep seeing threads about ducks being CC'ed then I will just deal with it as I need to.

My none thoughtful way of saying the above which I know the camp 2 people will get:

I think its a bit like those annoying fuckers that make loads of noise in public and don't give a shit how annoying they are, they could never understand that the 30 people in the same room as them wish them dead and almost feel a sadness at the complete ignorance on display.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
I've been reading over the whole CC fiasco. At first of course its interesting to know whos lurking behind those companies which are pulling the industry into self-destruct mode with crazy deals. Now its getting boring, nothing has been 100% yes theres this person and that person working here and with that guy but nothing is coming off t it's just Buffalooed fulling the fire so to speak

Now I have a question?.. Who is Buffalooed? I'm sure many people are thinking it themselves, but who is this guy? No offence at Buffalooed but it is indeed a little suspicious that you'e got a ton of hate for CC with the intent to make them fail miserably.. I've even witnessed you proposing for someone to DDOS them.

As said I enjoyed the threads you posted but with that it is indeed bringing negativity to VPSBoard and it's getting old now.

Lanarchy

There's a lot of overly-complicated solutions and bitching in this thread. CC is a provider, has a large market share, and thusly will always be mentioned.

I think we do need a forum for Providers and Provider News. And possibly a rumors forum as well for non-confirmed news.

CC threads will always pop up, nothing we can do about it. But no need to ban all CC location-based VPS offers, ban all CC threads... etc. That's un-necessary censorship.

With multiple threads, we'll just have to rely on the moderators to merge the duplicate threads. I can easily avoid the CC discussions by just not opening the thread. No need to go over-the-top.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think the best way to move on from this is to simply understand some people just don't care what others think, obviously we have 2 very separate camps here:
There are way more than 2 camps.  Oversimplification.

they could never understand that the 30 people in the same room as them wish them dead
A. This isn't a room.

B. You are only in the same thread because 95%+ of the time you clicked into such willingly, fully aware of topic of the content.

C. Having homicidal thoughts isn't healthy.  They have meds for that 'issue'.

All of these points = same compulsion you allege with the topic company at hand.

you'e got a ton of hate for CC with the intent to make them fail miserably.
I could be employee #5 they fired, I could be a suitor shunned by Linda, I could be the neighbor who didn't want them operating next door,  I could be a customer...  

Problem is, I've been on the job and on top of the issue.   Can you say truthfully, that the info outed isn't factual?

When other 'business owners' support them/their antics, it makes me wonder what sort of business YOU are operating.

I've even witnessed you proposing for someone to DDOS them
I said it would be a shame if someone did that.  Did I say here is $5 do it, no I didn't.  

What kind of fools hide behind Cloudflare and keep the services at the same IPs they were prior many months ago?

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
I stand by my points, all of which you missed. and everyone here belongs to one camp or another, its not over simplified at all.

CC have done nothing illegal, you have proved nothing but the fact you hate them and are grasping at straws, nothing more.

Leave them alone and play nice :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I stand by my points, all of which you missed. and everyone here belongs to one camp or another, its not over simplified at all.
Is this your new compulsion?  

Seems like you must have things your way -- a 2 dimensional pissing fit of A vs. B.  Point is, if you believe everyone is in the pro or anti camp think again.  Vast majority of people couldn't give a bucket load of manure either way.

CC have done nothing illegal, you have proved nothing but the fact you hate them and are grasping at straws, nothing more.
Is this the litmus test?   Thou shall not speak vile of a company until the time in space where they are criminally prosecuted successfully?  (i.e. long after they've misbehaved)

While it isn't obviously illegal to someone like you, a good bit of what they have done is deceptive and false advertising.  Intentional distortions to make themselves appear larger than they are and more legitimate than they are.  Then you have that silencing critics on their ill gotten sites for a year or more.

Hate is a pretty strong word.  Just like your use of kill/murder earlier.  I dislike their dishonesty, I find it reprehensible and others do too --- paying end customers.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
I have just seen you turn other threads to CC/CVPS, its just sad dude, Personally it seems like you must have things your own way, perhaps we are to similar to get along..

Again they have done NOTHING illegal unless proven other wise, which you have not, I am not the law, what I find legal is not by any means a definition of legal, companies doing what companies do... get over it.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I have just seen you turn other threads to CC/CVPS, its just sad dude, Personally it seems like you must have things your own way, perhaps we are to similar to get along..

Again they have done NOTHING illegal unless proven other wise, which you have not, I am not the law, what I find legal is not by any means a definition of legal, companies doing what companies do... get over it.
What thread? We do have a -report- feature, which is meant to be used for things like this.

Please use this feature to report threads you wish us to look into. It allows you to leave a comment and tell us why you're reporting it.

concerto49

Verified Provider
Is the dividing line legality? Is that why we have lawyers? What counts as being legal? Shady business practices aren't illegal nor are poor services.

Though I agree we need to stop ccing everything. It's free advertising for them, which just makes it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner