amuck-landowner

[Confirmed] GreenValueHost being sold to XFuseSolutions

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My definition of good guy doesn't include someone who runs a business that violates the CAN-SPAM act by spamming a mailing list composed of email addresses that were harvested from a stolen database, nor does it include business owners who won't accept responsibility for their actions and try to lay the blame for their company's spam on a "marketing agency" they hired. I sure wouldn't trust my data or personal information to his hosting business,
Ahhhhhhhh I feel like I missed something @DomainBop.   Who spammed who with what?  

ok point/paste link to Duke s billing
I need to chat with Duke here today about that and getting him to setup up billing with these products.  Don't think he has such in place at current.  He encouraged people to contact him directly to do Xfuse deals.

His contact details on his site:

http://xfusesolutions.com/contact

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
What a complete embarrassment.  I'd be ashamed to have any part in this mess.

I feel like I need to hate on Duke out of sheer principle now.  We were SO CLOSE to just watching GVH go down in flames and never having to hear about that clowncar again.  But no... now we're going to keep having to see these ridiculous FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEs (regardless of who issues them, with or without permission).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We were SO CLOSE to just watching GVH go down in flames and never having to hear about that clowncar again.  
Even closer now.   But as soon as I say that they universe will dish more crap out for this circus company act.

GVH is going away one way or another.   I am rather tired of time waste the dramas have continued to consume on my punch clock, blew away entirety of my last weekend and nonsense chewing bits off my week and trying to take this weekend.  NOPE.  

For all I care, the deal happens and Good Night Irene or I am entirely fine with CC taking the shit shack.  They won't catch any heat from me for doing so at this point. Heck, I'll probably send them a thank you card.

sv01

Slow but sure
I feel like I need to hate on Duke out of sheer principle now.  We were SO CLOSE to just watching GVH go down in flames and never having to hear about that clowncar again.  But no... now we're going to keep having to see these ridiculous FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEs (regardless of who issues them, with or without permission).
maybe he just another CC pets.

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
At-least there wont be any need to send an abuse complaint for trade name infringement to the host....

zed

I saw that. Couldn't decide if it was nuggets being funny, or giving us a taste of the new system after this xfuse stuff happens (happened?). In any case, it reminded me of this thread, so I came back to ask WATTUP? Did the deal go thru?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
IP 192.3.9.174 is swipped to Green Value Hosting Inc http://whois.domaintools.com/192.3.9.174   ...GVH

IP 192.3.9.174 hosts one website: GreenValueServer.com (private WHOIS, registered in September)   ...GVS

LET ID registered yesterday: http://lowendtalk.com/profile/110901/greenvalueserver

WHO THE F*** IS THIS NEW "GVS" ?
Sorry guys, I've been face down with crappy internet and playing catch up from last week and being sick.

I know nothing of this GreenValueServer thing, but would appear to JonnySpazz's.   Doubt he's going out to market with it.   I've told him umpteen times that GreenValue-anything is a death strike.

I saw that. Couldn't decide if it was nuggets being funny, or giving us a taste of the new system after this xfuse stuff happens (happened?). In any case, it reminded me of this thread, so I came back to ask WATTUP? Did the deal go thru?
I would think that's Jonny returning to LET.  Unsure why the like-name and all as mentioned above.

The deal isn't signed.  There is a NDA and Non compete per se signed though.  I say per se, since I haven't seen proofed documents myself.  For all intensive purposes Jonny is hands off with the former clients and out of that at this point. Finality of the deal still has to happen (i.e. signed transfer agreement).

Surely a bunch of this is due to the nature of the business and getting things into some form of order.   Like I said when he blurted this out, it was premature to public announce.  Weeks to a month premature.  Might be 2 months, who knows.

As for those deals, all I can say is this, which datacenter is it? Referring to the "Wilks-Barre, PA".

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
As for those deals, all I can say is this, which datacenter is it? Referring to the "Wilks-Barre, PA".
Haha... I didn't even notice that. Don't tell me he's using VolumeDrive now? The free ride and deals he was getting at CC get taken off the table?

Dylan

Haha... I didn't even notice that. Don't tell me he's using VolumeDrive now? The free ride and deals he was getting at CC get taken off the table?
Yup.

From http://www.greenvaluehost.com/aboutus.html

Our Hosting Upstreams

We use VolumeDrive's Wilks-Barre, Pennsylvania network and data center for our SSD shared hosting and SSD master reseller hosting. For our DDoS Protected shared hosting and reseller hosting, we use ColoCrossing's data center in Buffalo, New York. In the forseeable future, we have plans to expand DDoS Protected hosting services to SingleHop in Chicago, Illinois.
Oh, and that About Us page... you have seriously got to read it. I don't even know what to say about the top section. I'm surprised that even Jon would think it's a good idea to put that on his site.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The shared hosting plans seem sustainable: $7.73 monthly (or $46.38 yearly) for 1TB SSD RAID-10 storage and 75TB transfer, and a free SSL certificate.

GreenValueHost has relaunched our company as a shared and reseller web hosting provider looking for a fresh start.
He posted on WHT last year (September 2014) that reseller plans don't turn a profit and are just offered as loss leaders for VPS and dedicated...

Our reseller hosting services aren't for profit, honestly. We lose quite a bit of money from it every month but we keep offering the product line to get customers in the door in hopes that they'd eventually purchase a VPS or dedicated server.

We consider the loss as part of our advertising budget.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9247592&postcount=7

amuck-landowner