amuck-landowner

crissic.net - Reviews

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
@

If you're getting DDoS'd, no host will change your IP's just because of that. It's something YOU'RE doing to cause that and it isn't the hosts issue. It's yours.
7 times out of 10 the customer is the cause of the DDoS attack BUT there are also plenty of times when an attacker will decide to try to take down a provider or a datacenter and will aim their DDoS attack at any/or all of the provider/DC's IP ranges they can find.

Overnight at Leaseweb AMS01 someone targeted the DC (the attack wasn't aimed at a specific customer) and aimed their attack at a few thousand IPs in the DC.  Leaseweb was able to mitigate it after a few hours, but customers whose IPs were hit could be looking at some bandwidth overages depending on their plan  and how much of a hit they took (cheaper VPS plans on the Premium network only include 500GB BW).

The same thing happened during the UK DDoS wars 2 years ago and has happened repeatedly over the past year on LET/B to customers of many providers: a skid (or a competitor) gets pissed off at a provider and targets any IPs they can find and customers VPS's get DDoSed through no fault of their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFTP

I cannot believe I actually read the whole of this thread, SFTP - you need to grow up - its painful to read to be honest and can only be coming from a child. You aren't being fair to the provider who has reached out on numerous occasions to help and you've ignored him. I actually question whether this is verging on slander.
Yes, because the provider haven't been fair to me and I'm been ignored in "client's support section" numerous times.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Delayed responses, closure of tickets without answering, that tone they talked to me (client) - Such support doesn't mean nothing to you?

I guess you also have such an "Excellent Support" then. I guess I should buy a VPS from you, and then after some time, should post a review on your "support" as well.

FYI, I once have got my IPv4 swapped from RamNode. I don't have anymore examples as this was the second time in last 2 years, I've got this DDos attack. One with RamNode (problem was solved within minutes), and then with Crissic (problem was mis-handled rudely). So, there are some HOSTs who value their customers, unlike Crissic and You.

and by posting this comment in such a TONE (words), you yourself have reviewed your Customer Support. Thankyou for saving my time you nitwit.
Actually, my customer support interactions with customers are alot different than what I spoke to you. You show nothing more than a lack of intelligence. But hey, go ahead, buy a VPS from me. Use IRC and get DDoS'd and the same thing will happen to you. I do not replace IP's. RamNode might do it, but they are likely the only ones. You should try and post the negative comments that they told you instead of putting on this lame excuse of a smoke and mirrors show. I will be the first to tell you that I don't tolerate anything along the lines that Skylar has with you. You seem to be a problematic customer that causes issues and then cries about it. We all know that type of customer. Again, in the screenshots that were posted, I didn't see anything disrespectful, rude or anything along those lines. So post something that is and we'll continue the conversation, otherwise, go play somewhere else little man.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
7 times out of 10 the customer is the cause of the DDoS attack BUT there are also plenty of times when an attacker will decide to try to take down a provider or a datacenter and will aim their DDoS attack at any/or all of the provider/DC's IP ranges they can find.

Overnight at Leaseweb AMS01 someone targeted the DC (the attack wasn't aimed at a specific customer) and aimed their attack at a few thousand IPs in the DC.  Leaseweb was able to mitigate it after a few hours, but customers whose IPs were hit could be looking at some bandwidth overages depending on their plan  and how much of a hit they took (cheaper VPS plans on the Premium network only include 500GB BW).

The same thing happened during the UK DDoS wars 2 years ago and has happened repeatedly over the past year on LET/B to customers of many providers: a skid (or a competitor) gets pissed off at a provider and targets any IPs they can find and customers VPS's get DDoSed through no fault of their own.
I understand that. But if it's one IP or one customer, not many providers will change the IP... It's just not worth it for most providers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Has the UK DDoS stupidity stopped yet?  I need to hop back on that if it hasn't.  Someone needs to get to the bottom of the who and what.

Any provider I offer input to in private,  I recommend IRC is one thing they disallow in their Terms or related documents.  IRC is a shit magnet for malicious packets.   It's up there with hosting gamers.

SFTP

Now now ;)

Those two are your issues and enough providers will say meh absent ticket proof and reading it all.

The delays in support happen.   Should a customer wait 10 minutes or 10 hours?  Should support be uniform (i.e. we always wait 45 minutes before responding)?  Core issue, and it happens is issues you had were not run of the mill, they weren't obvious resolutions on either side.

Closure of tickets without answering - this happens.   Especially with things like IT IS NOT WORKING.  Company slaps something good and right and it's working and they close the ticket.  Been on that customer side of that action with a number of companies.   I don't believe in non answer ticket closures, nor the automated no activity ticket closures either.  But, I don't run support departments.  I do bitch and moan about support on a weekly basis all over.

Tone stuff, none of the tickets were brutal / mean.  Just short and probably not what you were hoping for.

I've been through many VPS companies as a customer (i.e. 100+?).   It's a tough niche to be a happy customer in.  More demanding I become (privacy, proper staff, responsiveness, reasonableness (not usually testing that), uptime, baseline performance (CPU not dd)) the more it necessitates moving forward to other shops.

Find the VPS company that suits you and your use. 
I suggested some HOSTs in my main thread, shows I'm with them.

I already have VPS(s) with Ramnode - BuyVM - SecureDragon - GinerNET - VikingLayer - NodeServ - EvoBurst other than Crissic and Dedi's with OVH (CA) and Sharktech, But I never have any problem with any of them specially when it comes to "Support".

Only company I faced problems with services and with "support" is Crissic.

and to say that "Find the VPS company thats suits you and your use" doesn't sound fair ;) as by doing so, you are giving an impression to the reviewer, "Only post Good reviews, and If you have bad experience with some company, Go find some other HOST than to post a review". :)

SFTP

Actually, my customer support interactions with customers are alot different than what I spoke to you. You show nothing more than a lack of intelligence. But hey, go ahead, buy a VPS from me. Use IRC and get DDoS'd and the same thing will happen to you. I do not replace IP's. RamNode might do it, but they are likely the only ones. You should try and post the negative comments that they told you instead of putting on this lame excuse of a smoke and mirrors show. I will be the first to tell you that I don't tolerate anything along the lines that Skylar has with you. You seem to be a problematic customer that causes issues and then cries about it. We all know that type of customer. Again, in the screenshots that were posted, I didn't see anything disrespectful, rude or anything along those lines. So post something that is and we'll continue the conversation, otherwise, go play somewhere else little man.
Anyone can imagine what would be your support interactions with your customers, especially after your comments.

And guess what? You can get DDosed even without connecting to IRC Networks, In fact 90% DDos attacks happen to webservers/gameservers and others.

If you bothered to read my post, I've mentioned I'm with Crissic for the last 16 months and this is the first time I got DDos and requested for IP swap, shows it's not a routine-exercise to get DDosed by being on IRC.

FYI, IRC Networks support IPv6 connectivity, and most of the mIRC users get their Bouncers connected on an IPv6 supported server, you can't just get someone's IPv4 (to ddos) by resolving their Bouncer's IPv6 vhost.

Moreover, DDos was one chapter, there were others. Some of them can be seen by what MannDude posted. (Only if you want to see, I doubt as I'm sure you also fall on the list of HOSTs with "Excellent Support")

and If I were some problematic customer, I could've been expelled from most of the HOSTs, I've been with for 2 years. I usually open a support ticket once in a blue moon, only exception has been crissic.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
and to say that "Find the VPS company thats suits you and your use" doesn't sound fair ;) as by doing so, you are giving an impression to the reviewer, "Only post Good reviews, and If you have bad experience with some company, Go find some other HOST than to post a review". :)
Not every company is a good fit for every customer.  It just isn't price point either.   These are services and can be rather personal in nature.   There is what someone hosts which can be private in nature or just not interested in advertising to world, there is the personal aspect of you being identifiable human in their system vs. just a personality here, there is personal in dealing with support in your time of need / breakage / misunderstanding / etc.

I don't want to read good gloating reviews only.   When we get those from new first time posters we rightly give them a hard time too and accuse them of shilling often (paid endorsements).

But, by all means consider leaving some good endorsements of folks you are using successfully and note what you use them for, since nature of what you do isn't 100% normal.

That being in part since you just said it:

"IRC + IPv6 connectivity + Bouncers"

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Has the UK DDoS stupidity stopped yet?  I need to hop back on that if it hasn't.  Someone needs to get to the bottom of the who and what.

Any provider I offer input to in private,  I recommend IRC is one thing they disallow in their Terms or related documents.  IRC is a shit magnet for malicious packets.   It's up there with hosting gamers.
The UK DDoS seems to have subsided but the LET/B DDoS attacks seem to be ongoing: a provider posts  an offer on LET or posts something someone doesn't like and their sites/control panels (and often IP ranges) immediately get hit with an attack.  A few providers have stopped posting any offers on LET/B due to the attacks.

90% DDos attacks happen to websites.
The attacks target websites because the attackers want to hit their victim where it hurts.  The reason for the attacks, especially with low end VPS customers, is usually because Target A said or did something on either a forum, IRC, or a game server, that pissed off Skid B 

If the targeted website is a mid-large sized company's website then the cause of the attack however is usually economic.  I'm assuming that hardly any  businesses that would be the target of an attack motivated by economics are running their websites on $1-$2 monthly VPS's (I'm also assuming that the endless stream of people on WHT who claim they lost thousands of dollars when their $10-$15 annual VPS was down for a few hours are full of shit :p)

SFTP

Not every company is a good fit for every customer.  It just isn't price point either.   These are services and can be rather personal in nature.   There is what someone hosts which can be private in nature or just not interested in advertising to world, there is the personal aspect of you being identifiable human in their system vs. just a personality here, there is personal in dealing with support in your time of need / breakage / misunderstanding / etc.

I don't want to read good gloating reviews only.   When we get those from new first time posters we rightly give them a hard time too and accuse them of shilling often (paid endorsements).

But, by all means consider leaving some good endorsements of folks you are using successfully and note what you use them for, since nature of what you do isn't 100% normal.

That being in part since you just said it:

"IRC + IPv6 connectivity + Bouncers"
LOL. It means a newcomer is not supposed to post a review, neither good nor bad, It would probably go against him. (Noted)

Anyways, someone (a friend) ;) suggested me to let the thread die and move to commenting and reviewing on other non-related stuff.

I also feel I'm done with my part and with honesty, therefore I'm gonna buy my friend's advice. :)

So, you guys are not gonna see me posting/commenting here nomore but on other threads. (though most of y'all don't want to) :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
LOL. It means a newcomer is not supposed to post a review, neither good nor bad, It would probably go against him. (Noted)

Anyways, someone (a friend) ;) suggested me to let the thread die and move to commenting and reviewing on other non-related stuff.

I also feel I'm done with my part and with honesty, therefore I'm gonna buy my friend's advice. :)

So, you guys are not gonna see me posting/commenting here nomore but on other threads. (though most of y'all don't want to) :p
New folks show up on sites all the time for hit jobs - be they good or bad.   It's flawed logic to jump on them, but too often such attempts by folks are ill intentioned (i.e. paid shills).

I welcome you to comment on vpsB other threads.  Lots of stuff on here.   This topic though has been run around the tree and beaten.  Crissic noted it, others noted it.  

What will come from it?  Ideally better support for customers and some tightening of their policies perhaps to restrain certain uses further (i.e. IRC).

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Okay so since this is how this is going, let's do this.

As I mentioned earlier, this customer still has not contacted me directly or opened a new support ticket when requested to do so many times. Only way I found this customer was by manually digging through tickets and finding this particular one -- not something I wish to do in the future, as it took far too long. Had the customer contacted me directly with his IP or information that would aid in tracking down his account, we likely could have posted a reply to this sooner. Guess that was his intent.

This particular user has been with Crissic for 13 months. In those 13 months, he has had 22 total tickets, 3 services (2 cancelledbecause it "wasn't good enough" and then he ordered a new one).

Of those 22 tickets, 10 of them are automated tickets relating to null routes due to inbound DDoS attacks towards two of his IPs. One of these tickets is an AUP violation for hosting an IRC server, 4 of them relating to IPv6 (adding IPv6, not working, rDNS), and a few other misc tickets.

lrb.png

The contents of an abuse ticket have this particular bit: NOTE: DDoS attacks are not permitted on the Crissic infrastructure. Any further reports may result in termination of your service.

Repeated inbound attacks related to your services that could negiatively impact other customers is something we can and have terminated customers for. You have been given far more free passes than other customers have in the past. Inbound DDoS isn't something you can really control, but when it's related to IRC matters, we're far less lenient as it's likely an intentional target relating to the communities you participate in.

Another ticket (you referenced this here) you submitted, and then closed out yourself before a staff was able to respond to it. You closed it out, not us.

The particular ticket you mentioned being set to answered or closed without us replying, you opened and we stated what the issue was (JAX06 was being rebooted due to some issues with it). You then replied saying "thank you", so we set it back to answered without replying. A few minutes later, around when the node was booting back up, you replied stating it was down still. At the time I was entirely too swamped dealing with tickets and getting containers booted up that I flagged the ticket as answered instead of responding. Yes I should have responded, but the issue was resolved shortly thereafter. This was never done in any intentional way to be rude or anything of the likes to you, I was just busy trying to deal with tons of other customers also complaining about the node instability issues at the time.

Since you shared the contents of the support ticket and they are public, we're within our privacy rights to continue dialog in an effort to defend ourselves.

1424207688.png

We are not obligated to change your IPs out, we never change customer IPs out. That's just how we operate. Maybe you should evaluate what you allow your "friends" to connect to IRC wise and stay away from skids.

I am sorry if your service was not what you expected, but we have 7000 other customers who are satisfied with their service, and most people do not complain about the way we handle our tickets.

If this is such a big issue, I'd be more than happy to issue a pro-rated refund for the remainder of your service.

fatboy

Oh man I thought this was all done and dusted last night before I finished my cocoa and went to bed. How about a line is drawn under it all. We all seem to agree that Crissic does a cracking job on the infrastrutcure side of life and some people think the support could be a bit more pink and fluffy.

Think that sums up the last 7 pages of stuff - if you want to complain at someone go buy something from online.net, now those guys a pure dicks! I am currently mid rant with them on the other forum as their rep isn't on this board, you want crappy support look at them and then you will live for the day you get a curtbut factual reply from Skylar!

Anyway......thats me out on this one :)

** EDIT ** drmike - I haven't heard of any UK DDoS lately, but I don't have any UK boxes at the moment so may not notice like I did in the bad old days when that was all kicking off!

SFTP

Okay so since this is how this is going, let's do this.

As I mentioned earlier, this customer still has not contacted me directly or opened a new support ticket when requested to do so many times. Only way I found this customer was by manually digging through tickets and finding this particular one -- not something I wish to do in the future, as it took far too long. Had the customer contacted me directly with his IP or information that would aid in tracking down his account, we likely could have posted a reply to this sooner. Guess that was his intent.

This particular user has been with Crissic for 13 months. In those 13 months, he has had 22 total tickets, 3 services (2 cancelledbecause it "wasn't good enough" and then he ordered a new one).

Of those 22 tickets, 10 of them are automated tickets relating to null routes due to inbound DDoS attacks towards two of his IPs. One of these tickets is an AUP violation for hosting an IRC server, 4 of them relating to IPv6 (adding IPv6, not working, rDNS), and a few other misc tickets.

lrb.png

The contents of an abuse ticket have this particular bit: NOTE: DDoS attacks are not permitted on the Crissic infrastructure. Any further reports may result in termination of your service.

Repeated inbound attacks related to your services that could negiatively impact other customers is something we can and have terminated customers for. You have been given far more free passes than other customers have in the past. Inbound DDoS isn't something you can really control, but when it's related to IRC matters, we're far less lenient as it's likely an intentional target relating to the communities you participate in.

Another ticket (you referenced this here) you submitted, and then closed out yourself before a staff was able to respond to it. You closed it out, not us.

The particular ticket you mentioned being set to answered or closed without us replying, you opened and we stated what the issue was (JAX06 was being rebooted due to some issues with it). You then replied saying "thank you", so we set it back to answered without replying. A few minutes later, around when the node was booting back up, you replied stating it was down still. At the time I was entirely too swamped dealing with tickets and getting containers booted up that I flagged the ticket as answered instead of responding. Yes I should have responded, but the issue was resolved shortly thereafter. This was never done in any intentional way to be rude or anything of the likes to you, I was just busy trying to deal with tons of other customers also complaining about the node instability issues at the time.

Since you shared the contents of the support ticket and they are public, we're within our privacy rights to continue dialog in an effort to defend ourselves.

1424207688.png

We are not obligated to change your IPs out, we never change customer IPs out. That's just how we operate. Maybe you should evaluate what you allow your "friends" to connect to IRC wise and stay away from skids.

I am sorry if your service was not what you expected, but we have 7000 other customers who are satisfied with their service, and most people do not complain about the way we handle our tickets.

If this is such a big issue, I'd be more than happy to issue a pro-rated refund for the remainder of your service.

Of those 22 tickets, 10 of them were automated tickets relating to null routes: After that, I requested you to swap my IPv4. I never got that null routes problem before in all those months. (told you IPv4 got leaked out mistakenly). "and a few other misc tickets?". Most of the visitors might wonder what would be those "misc tickets". anyways.

Screenshots shared with MannDude were basically for "services proof", I haven't shared all of the screenshot with him. I shared more-of-some with drmike (some of mine and some of another account of my friend), but they weren't also all of them.

I told you in the "support section" that I've had referred crissic almost 10 friends of mine. All those VPS(s) are also managed and handled by "me" with different accounts. So guess what? I can continue this thread to not-known days by posting some screenshots daily and by sharing some WHT threads of few from 7000 users of crissic, related to your services and excellent support.

But I've already bought someone's advice to let this thread die. So, I'm leaving this thread and you, with an option of defending yourself.

and No I don't need a refund, ALL I need from you is an Excellent Support "as advertised".

telephone

and No I don't need a refund, ALL I need from you is an Excellent Support "as advertised".
Just so the rest of us can understand, what do you expect from "Excellent support"?

- What was lacking from your previous encounters with Crissic's support?

- Was it just the tone that you didn't like?

- Were you unsatisfied with the blunt/to the point replies?

- Was the response time too long? If so, what response time would you expect?

- I'm guessing we're talking about a $15/yr VPS here. Are you expecting the same level of support as a managed service?

He wants the support to be served to him on a silver platter. Really the problem is  you should of gotten the boot along time ago. You broke the AUP and attracted DDOS attacks to the node. I have yet to see you even own up to anything! That is a part of being a "Man" which you do not really get.   I guess kids will be kids, but at some point you as a person need to grow up!  

fixidixi

@Skylar:

please include the text "Excellent Support" in the header of the support page! PLEASE :blush:

that would close this thread and it would "Fix It'!

amuck-landowner