amuck-landowner

Crissic Solutions LLC abandon LA

peterw

Good afternoon,

I first wanted to start off by saying that I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience the rest of this email may pose. This decision was not made lightly, and there are multiple factors as to the decision regarding our Los Angeles Services.

As of the 30th of September, or Los Angeles node will no longer be online, and any services associated with Los Angeles that are not migrated prior to the 30th will be terminated.

If Los Angeles is your preferred service location, we will not be able to assist you past the 30th of September. Any service that is due to renew will not renew unless migrated to our Jacksonville servers. If you wish to migrate to Jacksonville, please submit a support request and we will get it taken care of.

Any service that migrates to Jacksonville is eligible for an upgrade to any of our existing promotions and will receive one free month of service.

For those interested in changing promotions, our existing YEARLY promotion is: @ $15 per year, @$28 per year, and @$50 per year. If you migrate, your past month's invoice will be credited to your account regardless if you decide to upgrade or not.

Again if you do not wish to migrate to Jacksonville, you must have all data off no later than the 30th of September. We are not responsible for any data lost when our Los Angeles node is removed. If you are within the 10 day refund policy window you may request a refund at this time.I

Thank you for your understanding and patience. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!
Jacksonville is not my prefered migration target because it is the wrong coast. So I have to say goodbye.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Have you found West Coast replacement?  Been a few threads here lately on West Coast options.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
This reeks of "All that glitters".  20$ says they were lured over there with beautiful promises (and nothing in writing, of course), then had the rug pulled from under their feet with "Yeah, you have to pay X+ now effective immediately".

SkylarM

Verified Provider
This reeks of "All that glitters".  20$ says they were lured over there with beautiful promises (and nothing in writing, of course), then had the rug pulled from under their feet with "Yeah, you have to pay X+ now effective immediately".
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Really my fault for not getting anything in writing.

@PeterW Open a ticket when you find a new provider and we'll provide a full refund for your last month's service.

Mentioned over at LET a bit, but I'll say it here. Part of the decision is IP related. The promise of routing IPs for us quickly turned into a "We don't do that for any customer ever" and "$0.50 per IP please" along with some other issues.

Long term LA will only work if/when we can dedicate enough resources (ie money) to a proper expansion with owned gear colocating (not with CC ever) and routing our IPs to that location. Jacksonville is expanding so rapidly for us that focusing anything in LA negatively impacts our growth at Jacksonville, so it just isn't right to do so yet.

CC May have worked out had we been allowed to route IPs that way until we could get to a stable point in growth with Jacksonville where we could get our own gear and colocate with a different provider, but policies change between sales and their non-existent support so it just made sense to drop it before we invested too much into CC.

Last edited by a moderator:

shovenose

Verified Provider
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Really my fault for not getting anything in writing.

@PeterW Open a ticket when you find a new provider and we'll provide a full refund for your last month's service.

Mentioned over at LET a bit, but I'll say it here. Part of the decision is IP related. The promise of routing IPs for us quickly turned into a "We don't do that for any customer ever" and "$0.50 per IP please" along with some other issues.

Long term LA will only work if/when we can dedicate enough resources (ie money) to a proper expansion with owned gear colocating (not with CC ever) and routing our IPs to that location. Jacksonville is expanding so rapidly for us that focusing anything in LA negatively impacts our growth at Jacksonville, so it just isn't right to do so yet.

CC May have worked out had we been allowed to route IPs that way until we could get to a stable point in growth with Jacksonville where we could get our own gear and colocate with a different provider, but policies change between sales and their non-existent support so it just made sense to drop it before we invested too much into CC.
Bummer. I assumed having your own ASN would make life easy. Guess not :(

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Bummer. I assumed having your own ASN would make life easy. Guess not :(
Only makes life easy when the Datacenter is willing to work with you, rather than playing favorites and announcing IPs for some people and not others, and going back on what was told during the sales quote period.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Only makes life easy when the Datacenter is willing to work with you, rather than playing favorites and announcing IPs for some people and not others, and going back on what was told during the sales quote period.
Yeah, well that's messed up. Which DC is this so I know never to use them?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Yeah, well that's messed up. Which DC is this so I know never to use them?

CC = Colo Crossing.

Damian

Verified Provider
We got another IP block from someone else (it's easy to determine if you want to know who it is.....), and:

Calihop, a single guy who's a reseller through AIS, had our new IP blocks up and running in 7 days.

Colocrossing, who maintains their own networking directly, took 5 weeks to get fully resolved. It was a massive messy effort to get this in place that took bitching from several different people. And even then, US->EU routing is funky.

So it's comforting to hear that they weren't just cockblocking us for unknown reasons.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^ cockblocking... Is that some fancy new network fiber technology.  ;)  Or is that how they deal with DDoS attacks?

Seems clear to me that Colocrossing must not have any network person on staff.  Meaning they must be paying some network ninja to mass deal with customer needs.

I am aware of a BGP related issue with them that is ~4 weeks old and no action.

But never mind me, I  am the troll under their bridge.  Go Velocity1!

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Seems clear to me that Colocrossing must not have any network person on staff.  Meaning they must be paying some network ninja to mass deal with customer needs.
There's that Alex Veil kid (avizzle on WHT).  You can easily see from his posts over there just how knowledgable and professional he is :rolleyes:  The sad bit?  It's quite possible he actually is the best they can bring to the table.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Emails regarding this will be going out to clients shortly, but wanted to provide a brief update:

BlueVM has kindly agreed to providing service to our existing Los Angeles customers. Any existing LA customer should receive an email in the next two weeks from BlueVM regarding the change-over. At this time no service interruption is planned, and you can continue using your VPS as normal.

Those interested in a migration to Jacksonville are still eligible to do so, and can request it via support request.

More from BlueVM should be coming later :)

Operations in Jacksonville remain the same. This is not a buyout, BlueVM agreed to taking over our Los Angeles node and keep existing users there online with the same package pricing.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Emails regarding this will be going out to clients shortly, but wanted to provide a brief update:

BlueVM has kindly agreed to providing service to our existing Los Angeles customers. Any existing LA customer should receive an email in the following days from BlueVM regarding the change-over. At this time no service interruption is planned, and you can continue using your VPS as normal.

Those interested in a migration to Jacksonville are still eligible to do so, and can request it via support request.

More from BlueVM should be coming later :)

Operations in Jacksonville remain the same. This is not a buyout, BlueVM agreed to taking over our Los Angeles node and keep existing users there online with the same package pricing.
So bluevm has email address of your clients?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
So bluevm has email address of your clients?
Nothing has been passed over at this time, but in time those wishing to remain on their existing Los Angeles VPS will have emails handed over for the intent of keeping their services active yes. We feel that this is a better option than simply forcing users to locate to a new provider.

The ONLY data transferred to BlueVM will be customers that wish to keep their existing VPS, and will occur in two weeks time from today.

Modified my original post regarding BlueVM to reflect the timeline of 2 weeks.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
As Crissic Solutions stated BlueVM will be taking over the nodes in question in Los Angeles. As part of this transition we are granting all customers a choice to either leave their VPS where it is in LA or choose to move to Jacksonville. As part of this migration we will be making every effort to ensure that customers are aware of these changes and we will be ensuring there are no gaps in service, no IP changes and no physical server moves.

Crissic Solutions will be issuing an email later today to all customers effected by this change notifying them of their right to choose which location they would prefer to stay in. BlueVM will not receive client information on the node concerned until two weeks from today. Only customers who choose to remain on the node will have an account created with BlueVM for billing purposes.

After the transfer of the hardware and clients is complete, BlueVM will be issuing all clients transferred two (2) free months of service. If you do not wish to become one of our clients you may open a ticket with Crissic Solutions during this two week window and have your data exempted from the transfer. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this transfer feel free to open a ticket with either of our two companies and we will gladly assist you.

nunim

VPS Junkie
The moral of the story is get everything in writing, no matter how awesome or trusting people may seem.  

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
The moral of the story is get everything in writing, no matter how awesome or trusting people may seem.  
Usually I'd agree however, depending on the provider in question, having something in writing wont mean jackshit either.

amuck-landowner