amuck-landowner

Deep freeze

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I went outside to get mail.

Don't go outside.

Good day to cook a frozen pizza, so I have a hot meal, and so I can crack the oven open and let it heat my kitchen when I am done.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
It was 0 degrees this morning but without any wind or humidity I was able to walk my dog in just jeans, a jacket, and slippers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sadly, highly volatile and/or extreme weather are actually a side effect of global climate change, which means we'll see more 'extreme colds' and 'record-breaking heat waves' over the ext couple decades as things get worse
While this is true, sun activity is at all time low and there was a solar pole shift in past week.   Ocean currents are all messed up to and have been arguably for well over a year.   Ask the UK as tidal surges flood them.  Normally those were tamped down by circular rotating underwater currents conveyor.

I use to buy the whole global warming thing, now I am meh.    Incomplete data today, plus the earth has been farm warmer and far more CO2 in times very long ago.   More CO2 and heat = better growing conditions, higher yields... Symbiotic system.   Could this have something to do with plant diversity and then largess of many things (i.e. plants, dinosaurs, etc.)?

"Al Gore and David Blood, ex CEO of GS, set up their London based carbon trading company. Shell set out to get 2/3 rds of its revenue from carbon trading."

Gore and Blood..... need I say more.... 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
All this geo-spraying aka chemtrails couldn't be contributing to things, now could it?  :)

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
From the title, I thought its something related to DeepFreeze, the software.
Me too. On a related note, DeepFreeze is a lifesaver at schools. Students can TRY to fuck up computers all they'd like, but their changes are lost every time the computer reboots. Screw you viruses!

bizzard

Me too. On a related note, DeepFreeze is a lifesaver at schools. Students can TRY to fuck up computers all they'd like, but their changes are lost every time the computer reboots. Screw you viruses!
During my school days, when I was in 10th or 11th, our instructor installed deepfreeze and freezed the C drive in all the systems. Being an IE hater, I always cracked it to install firefox by resetting the BIOS date, which was a bug at that time and he finally gave up with it. Good old days :)

maounique

I was in the mountains for 2 days. It was 17 C at 1000 m high (3300 ft). Some 62.6 F says the converter. Snow resists only in deep valleys on the northern side of the mountain. No ski at all, even the artificial snow machines have big problems so we went in a 30 Km trip. There we saw tons of signs like: "Forbidden in the winter, avalanche danger !" and laughed hard while taking some suntan...

It should be like -10, -15 in the night and -3;-5 in the day, slightly positive in the full sunhine on the southern slopes.

That is some 5-14 F at the low. The average ! I have seen -30 many times over.

So, yeah, maybe the north pole moved to US and we are now in the austral summer...

peterw

There is a big storm on the atlantic ocean. It has got a anti-clockwise rotation. So cold air to the US and warm air to the EU.

vkX52ETQRxKRkVH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So, yeah, maybe the north pole moved to US and we are now in the austral summer...
Two things here come to mind:

1. Solar - sun activity has been very low to none recently.   NOAA put out a coronal mass ejection warning for today and tomorrow.  Meaning the behavior of the sun is about to CME launch directly at the earth.   Big enough = horrible outcome on electronics and electric grid.   Minor = space weather issues, radio interference, etc.

See: http://www.noaa.gov/features/01_economic/spaceweather_3.html

2. Supposedly, the electro-magnetic north pole moved on planet earth.   From the north pole area down to say Vancouver, BC.  

Yesterday it was warmer in Alaska than a big swath of the continental USA.

AuroraZero

Two things here come to mind:

1. Solar - sun activity has been very low to none recently.   NOAA put out a coronal mass ejection warning for today and tomorrow.  Meaning the behavior of the sun is about to CME launch directly at the earth.   Big enough = horrible outcome on electronics and electric grid.   Minor = space weather issues, radio interference, etc.

See: http://www.noaa.gov/features/01_economic/spaceweather_3.html

2. Supposedly, the electro-magnetic north pole moved on planet earth.   From the north pole area down to say Vancouver, BC.  

Yesterday it was warmer in Alaska than a big swath of the continental USA.
Have a friend of the family in Alaska and she was laughing at me. Not cool at all. <_<

tchen

While this is true, sun activity is at all time low and there was a solar pole shift in past week.   Ocean currents are all messed up to and have been arguably for well over a year.   Ask the UK as tidal surges flood them.  Normally those were tamped down by circular rotating underwater currents conveyor.

I use to buy the whole global warming thing, now I am meh.    Incomplete data today, plus the earth has been farm warmer and far more CO2 in times very long ago.   More CO2 and heat = better growing conditions, higher yields... Symbiotic system.   Could this have something to do with plant diversity and then largess of many things (i.e. plants, dinosaurs, etc.)?

"Al Gore and David Blood, ex CEO of GS, set up their London based carbon trading company. Shell set out to get 2/3 rds of its revenue from carbon trading."

Gore and Blood..... need I say more.... 
The recent cold snap in NA is due to the polar vortex wobbling further south than usual due to the lessening of the temperature gradient in the arctic regions.  It's basically a cyclone that's powered and kept in place by the differential.

amuck-landowner