amuck-landowner

Do you use Bitcoin?

layerbyte_ben

Verified Provider
I just recently signed up for Bitpay and went through the verification process to accept Bitcoin as a payment method after a few requests. So far no one has used it in the last two weeks but I guess it will take time. I decided to go with Bitpay as they had a gateway module for WHMCS, so that was a big bonus.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
We've been using Bitpay for a while. No problems whatsoever up until last week when it started spitting up a mysterious 'bitpay invoice error' message. I've been going back and forth with their support to no avail so far. Their most recent response:

I followed up with our plugins engineers, and we have been unable to reproduce this issue [...]

We don't have many clients paying with BTC yet, although those who are have been stranded for nearly a week now because of this.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems with Bitpay?

incloudibly

Verified Provider
We accept a few cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Nextcoin) directly. Those who don't are simply loosing there clients.

AbeloHost

Verified Provider
We don't because its value seems to be too unreliable for us. Besides, not many people use it. If you'd want to give it a try, you can sign up at Coinbase. 

SGC-Hosting

Verified Provider
We don't because its value seems to be too unreliable for us. Besides, not many people use it. If you'd want to give it a try, you can sign up at Coinbase. 
The price of bitcoin is a concern, many payment processors will deposit the payment in USD and lock you into the exchange rate (sell something for $15 and you'll get $15).  Not a lot of people use bitcoin, but there are a lot of bitcoin users that will spend their bitcoin with a company that supports it.

AbeloHost

Verified Provider
The price of bitcoin is a concern, many payment processors will deposit the payment in USD and lock you into the exchange rate (sell something for $15 and you'll get $15).  Not a lot of people use bitcoin, but there are a lot of bitcoin users that will spend their bitcoin with a company that supports it.
Is there some kind of demographic available about Bitcoin. Or could you tell me from personal experience what % of your accounts are from BitCoin users. We mostly sell dedicated servers and I'm just not sure this will attract BitCoin users. 

AbeloHost

Verified Provider
Like I'm assuming there must be a significant difference between VPS/ shared clients and dedicated clients that will be using BitCoin to pay. 

95% of dedicated clients pay with credit card or Paypal. 

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
Is there some kind of demographic available about Bitcoin. Or could you tell me from personal experience what % of your accounts are from BitCoin users. We mostly sell dedicated servers and I'm just not sure this will attract BitCoin users.
Theres plenty of data to be found in these forums.

Try this thread (I hope you arent post spamming, I can see you are the most recent replier in that thread which actually contains the data).

Im pretty sure for most companies bitcoin payments would be no more than 10% at most, in our case it varies month by month - some months its as high as 20% but on average its 10% or less.

BBGN Brian

Verified Provider
I think I am echoing a lot of other providers here. We have been accepting Bitcoin via BitPay for about 4 months. We have had about 4 customers use it. It's not been a huge success but who knows, maybe one day it will catch on ...

Steven F

Verified Provider
I think I am echoing a lot of other providers here. We have been accepting Bitcoin via BitPay for about 4 months. We have had about 4 customers use it. It's not been a huge success but who knows, maybe one day it will catch on ...
^BitCoin wasn't that successful for us, either.

Last edited by a moderator:

LimestoneNetworks

Verified Provider
Those results are a little discouraging since we're about to start offering it, but we'll see...

On a side note, don't target Iceland with ads about Bitcoin acceptance  ;)

Abdussamad

You guys need to talk about your services on bitcointalk forums and on the bitcoin sub-reddit. Only then will the word get out that here's a host that takes btc. Another place is the bitcoin wiki at bitcoin.it. There is a list there for web hosting providers and you should add yourselves to it.

Another thing you can do is offer plans especially for bitcoin users. Templates with preinstalled bitcoin core software along with a synced up copy of the blockchain could be quite popular.

Last edited by a moderator:

hostemo.com

Verified Provider
It is a very interesting topic. I am just check over the google and found few merchants support whmcs. But payout to bank account is very limited to certain countries.

Too bad, Malaysia is not in the list :( :( :(

incloudibly

Verified Provider
It is a very interesting topic. I am just check over the google and found few merchants support whmcs. But payout to bank account is very limited to certain countries.

Too bad, Malaysia is not in the list :( :( :(
Accept BTC directly and then exchange it into your native currency. Mind volatility risks involved.

amuck-landowner