amuck-landowner

Do you use Bitcoin?

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
BitPay support is awesome though, quick and helpful answes while it took Coinbase over a week to answer our email.
Maybe 3 or 4 people ended up paying via Bitcoin when I had an active BitPay account. Worse, BitPay doesn't let me withdraw anything (in CAD) until I reach the $1000 threshold... so, now my account no longer works (inexplicably! and after long conversations with their support and third party techs) and I can't withdraw any of the money I received. Yeah, don't think I'll be returning to Bitcoin unless a less restrictive and more reliable payment gateway emerges. It's value seems to be declining anyway, no wonder they set the withdrawal threshold so high. Gamble on people not being able to reach the threshold, then take the money and run!

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenHostBox

Verified Provider
We did had Bitcoins as one of our payment method but due to the instability of Bitcoins we just decided to remove it.

OpticServers

Verified Provider
i was thinking about accepting Bitcoin as a payment method for OpticServers but really the only reason i did not end up doing it is just the fact the currency is constantly changing its value if it were to drop we would be losing money and we do not have large profit margins as is, just my opinion anyway..

RockTBN

Verified Provider
We accepted Bitcoin a month ago, and the orders using Bitcoin are growing fast :) Btw if you guys use Bitpay, which Transaction Speed setting do you use?

TekStorm - Walter

I hear good and bad things about but like everything there everyone has there own experiences. I think its alright to use on line but dont think i will catch on off line.

jamaica

Verified Provider
We accept bitcoins only if client asks us about and only +10%. No problem at all.

winnervps

Verified Provider
Bitcoin is a little bit risky nowadays......Why? Well....I used to have LR (Liberty Reserve) and bump.....they are dead now (banned by US Government). I was losing some dollars there. So, I don't use Bitcoin.

haloelite3

I have never used BitCoin as I still see it as a unreliable currency and alot of places still do not accept it. When it becomes more available then I will consider to use it.

haloelite3

I have never used BitCoin as I still see it as a unreliable currency and alot of places still do not accept it. When it becomes more available then I will consider to use it.

swedendedicated

Verified Provider
We use bitcoin, clients pay by bitcoin and we receive the payment in euro, no risk for us as the price is automatically adjusted to the current conversion rate. We prefer it over other payments where high fees are involved.

Serveo

Verified Provider
We moved to BitPay recently. Can't say its bad at all, only confirmation takes long in reference to different payment gateways.

cloudxtnyHost

This is very useful, we have been towing with the idea of using bitpay for awhile now. Might just take the plug. anyone habe any fraud issues with it?

Last edited by a moderator:

mitgib

Verified Provider
This is very useful, we have been towing with the idea of using bitpay for awhile now. Might just take the plug. anyone habe any fraud issues with it?
How do you have fraud issues with a no recourse currency?  They pay you in bitcoin within 24h or your national currency the next banking day once your minimum threshold is met.

I've been accepting bitcoin via bitpay since 2012 and have never had an issue, but it is not a popular payment source, little less than amazon.

AutoSnipe

Verified Provider
I too have been using Bitpay for the last few months. Support team is fairly fast on it. But one issue i have is the payout figures for a lot of currencies.. ie, my local currency (AUD) is $1000 payout figure, so it was quite a chance to test the waters and see what would happen in using it. could have lost out a few bucks etc, but would love to see what Stripe is doing with Bitcoin payments :p

amuck-landowner