amuck-landowner

Do you use tapatalk for vpsboard/elsewhere?

jarland

The ocean is digital
Always demolishes my formatting when I post. Paragraphs end up running together and stuff. Had to ditch it.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Fuck no. Tapatalk should burn in the special hell.
I appreciate you not sugar-coating it for me :)  But why?

I definitely don't buy into that "every web site is an app" nonsense.  I don't want to run Windows 3.1, thanks.  But a specialized forum app that reads all types of forums could be OK...if it doesn't suck...

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I never use it, I just think normal mobile browsing is fine. I don't like using 'website apps' to browse websites. It's only installed here as it was requested.

HostGuard

Verified Provider
Have no issues with Tapatalk. I use it on multiple forums. Helps me keep track and respond on the fly.

NickM

Verified Provider
I have the app, but I don't really use it.  That's moreso because I don't really use forums or anything else while on my phone.  I try to stay away from internet stuff when I'm away from my computer, at least, as far as forums and stuff goes.

WhizzWr

I'm using it, not exactly pretty and usable but I consider it handy to track various thread in several forums.

Useful when you need to do some research/gathering community feedback for certain topic.

That said vpsboard been broken for sometimes in Tapatalk.. a few people said they got it working, though.

Damian

Verified Provider
No, and I wish there was some kind of "I don't want to use Tapatalk ever on any forum at any time ever" setting that I could set somewhere. I get REALLY tired of going having to click "No" on every popular forum on the planet that is adamant about letting me know that they have Tapatalk available.

RLT

It's not the forum. That is part of the tapacrap install. 90% of the trouble/problem posts on my forums are "tapacrap is messed up fix your forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" crap.

99% of these are cured by the user uninstalling and reinstalling the tapacrap app from the app store.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I jailbroke my iPhone and installed Tapashutup to make it go away. Now i happy :)

Dylan

I think it's kind of funny how the people who despise Tapatalk have never used it. It's actually a pretty darn good app and being able to visit all (or at least most) of your forums through the same app saves a lot of time. Do you all hate RSS readers too? Because it's basically the same idea.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I hate it because of all the sites that say "HEY! WE HAVE TAPATALK! USE IT!" even when I DO NOT WANT TO. And they have NO way to make it shut up. 

RLT

Lol I've used it. Still think its crap. Has every one forgotten all of the vulnerabilities a while back?

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
I think it's kind of funny how the people who despise Tapatalk have never used it. It's actually a pretty darn good app and being able to visit all (or at least most) of your forums through the same app saves a lot of time. Do you all hate RSS readers too? Because it's basically the same idea.

I'm already able to visit literally all of my forums through the same app: the freakin' browser app.

amuck-landowner