amuck-landowner

Do you wear computer glasses? Share your experience

kunnu

Verified Provider
I have a netbook with 10inch screen but later I will purchase a PC.

Price of computer glass in our country is $5

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I have a netbook with 10inch screen but later I will purchase a PC.
10 inch screens will make you go blind in no time.   Have a netbook with one of those screens and it's about to be decommissioned and work as a server of some sort since ultra low power draw (good for solar powering).

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Sorry, my bad. It's not an Aeron I have, it's the Celle - no fabric in this one.

kunnu

Verified Provider
10 inch screens will make you go blind in no time.   Have a netbook with one of those screens and it's about to be decommissioned and work as a server of some sort since ultra low power draw (good for solar powering).
Can you give me a more details on this?

- Why netbook is not good for your eyes?

Ruchirablog

Sorry for bumping an old thread, decided to give you an update

I have tried @drmike 's (thanks a lot for suggestions and advice over PM's) suggestions and tried every possible thing I could do on my side. But the problem remained the same. Yesterday I went to see an Ophthalmologist just for the better before buying protection glasses. He checked my eyes and told me the problem is my eyesight :eek:  and its not related to computer screens at all.

After some thorough checking using various machines he prescribed spectacles and told me to wear that all the time. I was surprised as I didn't noticed any weakness in my eyesight until now.  He also told me just to wear spec's and nothing special is required for computers. 

So I went to my local optometrist,optician with the prescription. They have also checked my eyes and confirmed the doc's decision.  They told me that a special coating is available for the prescribed glass to reduce the strain and radiation from computer screens and I have decided to opt in to that as well. So yeah I'm getting spectacles today :( Cost me about $80 for the glass. Branded frames like Adidas ones are going for around $250< lol. 

Caution : If you happen to be suffering from the same issue don't wait to see your doctor. 

Last edited by a moderator:

trewq

Verified Provider
Sorry for bumping an old thread, decided to give you an update

I have tried @drmike 's (thanks a lot for suggestions and advice over PM's) suggestions and tried every possible thing I could do on my side. But the problem remained the same. Yesterday I went to see an Ophthalmologist just for the better before buying protection glasses. He checked my eyes and told me the problem is my eyesight :eek: and its not related to computer screens at all.

After some thorough checking using various machines he prescribed spectacles and told me to wear that all the time. I was surprised as I didn't noticed any weakness in my eyesight until now. He also told me just to wear spec's and nothing special is required for computers.

So I went to my local optometrist,optician with the prescription. They have also checked my eyes and confirmed the doc's decision. They told me that a special coating is available for the prescribed glass to reduce the strain and radiation from computer screens and I have decided to opt in to that as well. So yeah I'm getting spectacles today :(

Caution : If you happen to be suffering from the same issue don't wait to see your doctor.
Welcome to the glasses club! I have worn them all my life, it's not that big of a deal, you'll get used to them :)

Make sure you go back for a check up every year. Your eyesight may change and wearing the wrong prescription has the same effect as not wearing them at all (symptom wise).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So I went to my local optometrist,optician with the prescription. They have also checked my eyes and confirmed the doc's decision.  They told me that a special coating is available for the prescribed glass to reduce the strain and radiation from computer screens and I have decided to opt in to that as well. So yeah I'm getting spectacles today :( Cost me about $80 for the glass. Branded frames like Adidas ones are going for around $250< lol. 

Glad to see old threads read and interest/activity.

Most vision problems are byproduct of lack of complete nutrition.  Even things like glaucoma have base in nutrition.

I for instance will experience eye fatigue and lower performance when I am consuming sugary substances (think sodas, lots of honey, candy, pastas, etc.)... These are all cheap refined sugars.

Refined white anything you eat is stripped of the nutrition.  White sugar in your body in order to be processed ends up pulling minerals from your tissues and bones.

I point to sugar since diabetes is a vision problem and sugar issues are a plague to desk workers.   I've cut all white sugar, honey, agave.  Additionally, got rid of all gluten (from grains--- breads, pasta, etc.).  My slight vision annoyances are improved.  At the same time I started a simple but comprehensive nutrition regiment.

However, minerals are needed - many and most of us are lacking.  Could be contributing to this.

There are monitor filters for dealing with radiation and issues from monitors.  Good place to filter so benefits everyone and not dependent on glasses for protection.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I probably couldn't safely walk 4 blocks without my glasses. Welcome to the club.

It's always strange how you 'forget' what perfect eye-sight 'is'. I get a new eye-prescription every 4 years or so, in dire need of one now, actually. It always amazes me once I get them at what 20-20 vision is and what normal people see with good eyesight.

trewq

Verified Provider
It's always strange how you 'forget' what perfect eye-sight 'is'. I get a new eye-prescription every 4 years or so, in dire need of one now, actually. It always amazes me once I get them at what 20-20 vision is and what normal people see with good eyesight.
I need a new prescription every year. It's ridiculous.

Even now on my 20-somethingth pair of glasses getting new ones feels like I've just bought a new car. So much excitement that you have something better but it takes a bit for it to just feel right.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I've worn glasses since 3rd grade. Needed them since probably 2nd. About 2 years ago I switched to contacts and love it. Except when an eyelash sneaks in as I'm putting them on. THAT freaking sucks. I NEED glasses by this point if I'm going to be doing anything vision is required for, if it requires more acuity than "that's a big blob that looks blue".

Ruchirablog

Welcome to the glasses club! I have worn them all my life, it's not that big of a deal, you'll get used to them :)

Make sure you go back for a check up every year. Your eyesight may change and wearing the wrong prescription has the same effect as not wearing them at all (symptom wise).
Yeah doc told me to visit him again in 3 months. 

Most vision problems are byproduct of lack of complete nutrition.  Even things like glaucoma have base in nutrition.

I point to sugar since diabetes is a vision problem and sugar issues are a plague to desk workers.   
I'm 22 but I will get a blood sugar and cholesterol check done ASAP. I'm 6ft tall and weigh about 83KG at the moment. 

I probably couldn't safely walk 4 blocks without my glasses. Welcome to the club.

My vision seems to be abnormally better wearing these glasses :) I can read small fonts on my 13inch laptop screen from about 5,6ft lol

amuck-landowner