amuck-landowner

Domain registrars and DNS server hosters

peterw

I am in the need to register some co.uk and .dk domains so I bump this thread.

Does someone know a cheap registrar for this domains or should I stick with InternetBS?

Thanks for the mention of DNS4. looks interesting.
Note on their site:

This project is now co-owned by Prometeus, more infos will be released in the next weeks.

tallship

Verified Provider
I am in the need to register some co.uk and .dk domains so I bump this thread.

Does someone know a cheap registrar for this domains...?
I recommend my good friends at http://www.thetrustee.co/

You simply can't find a more dedicated, experienced, and knowledgable staff that supports a greater number of TLDs in a single place IMNSHO.

Give them a try. You'll be glad you did.

Kindest regards,

blergh

Verified Provider
 Anyone who really knows anything about DNS at all can tell you that DNSSEC is garbage trash that doesn't deliver what it supposedly promises to, hasn't protected (and won't) anyone from the types of cache poisoning or the Kaminsky flaw and others that BIND seems to always be vulnerable to, and that that damage from DNS amplification attacks is actually exacerbated and "amplified' when DNSSEC is enabled.

DNSCurve = Good, DNSSEC = BAD BAD BAD (And no, I'm not a Bernstein fanboi and I don't like djbdns, but I do agree with him that CNAME RRs are almost always stupid and lame - use a fricken' A record!).

In fact, DNSSEC is about taking away choice and freedom, a product resulting from nefarious and insidious agendas endeared by Paul Vixie, Verisign, the Evil ICANN, WIPO, and others with something to gain at your expense, while the DoC and the NTIA push about paper from one desk to the next saying, What, me worry?"

Another point of fact, the only real two Auth DNS Servers out there that have implemented DNSSEC are BIND and Unbound, and only Unbound did a good job IMNSHO. BIND still has proven to be a hole as big as a truck while most of the other daemons out there like PowerDNS or MaraDNS/Deadwood are as secure as a 600 pound danforth anchoring a 6 foot dinghy.

DNSSEC is like a 600 pound gorilla jumping up and down in that dinghy.
I lol'd hard.

Exactly how is DNSSEC not a solution to the (now old as-shit) kaminsky bug? The amplification issues are indeed a problem, but not so much a problem with DNSSEC itself but with DNS.

Nice tinfoilhat-talk. Welcome to the Internet, where you have been more or less buttfucked ever since the 90's.

So, elaborate some more about powerdns's recursor & unbound please.

Last edited by a moderator:

peterw

Nice tinfoilhat-talk. Welcome to the Internet, where you have been more or less buttfucked ever since the 90's.

So, elaborate some more about powerdns's recursor & unbound please.
But a valid argument to not host DNS by yourself if you don't want to.

amuck-landowner