amuck-landowner

European based Hosting or American based Hosting ?

tk-hassan

Which one you prefer? European based hosting or American based Hosting? In recent past we saw the trend that more people are now looking for European based hosting and not American based hosting? what do you think? Share your views.

walle

It depends.

When I plan to host a new website, my goal is to have low response time between the users/visitors/customers and the server. In most cases, we find US provider with hosting in Europe is cheaper than hosting from a provider in Europe. For example, to buy a server with similar specs as Starter-VPS-NL (Xen 1gb ram, 40 gb disk, 2 CPU cores) then you have to pay around 300 sek per month (~$35).

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Which one you prefer? European based hosting or American based Hosting? In recent past we saw the trend that more people are now looking for European based hosting and not American based hosting? what do you think? Share your views.
I'd prefer American...either on or south of the equator...Brazil, Argentina.

note: using this definition of American: an adjective for something of, from, or related to the Americas .

icy

Location depends on these main factors:

- Content / sensitivity

- Latency and performance

- Hosting features

- Price

- Where your target audience is.

Personally, I would prefer European based hosting. Maybe I just had enough of American hosting, as its too widely available. 

Last edited by a moderator:

MightWeb-Greg

Verified Provider
This is something that I've wondered about. But if your company is registered in the US and have servers in EU, don't you have to follow US based laws regarding DMCA etc? 

amuck-landowner