bug 1. http://forum.feathur.com/showthread.php?tid=469

bug 2: http://forum.feathur.com/showthread.php?tid=468

bug 3: http://forum.feathur.com/showthread.php?tid=470

master and slave not connecting.

Node Free NoCostVPS
Server is currently unconnectable.

http://95.128.47.39/uptime.php
i noticed no uptime.php file

all with default set ups and right keys.

but i had to replace uptime.php as that did not get installed do i did that then it still did not work with iptables installed by the installer for Feathur

i keep on thinking to buy it but they's bugs are system breaking.

all guilds followed.

dzchimpo

So... Johnston is helping you troubleshoot this issue on their support forums and instead of getting it taken care of there you're bringing it over here now?
People considering a potential switch from Solus should be aware that serious bugs exist. Since he isnt actually asking for support over here, but providing information, is that an issue?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
People considering a potential switch from Solus should be aware that serious bugs exist. Since he isnt actually asking for support over here, but providing information, is that an issue?
I guess the point I was trying to make was that I initially took his post as a "name and shame" style post. If it was a warning for other providers and users then I expected the title to be more "Major Bugs in Feathur" instead of the (in my opinion) put-down of a title "feathur bugs and more bugs". With the initial wording of the title the content of the post itself is mostly just "here's what I have problems with" and a subtle request for someone to take action and complain some more.

There's a lack of detail in his thread (he doesn't directly ask anyone here for help or if anyone here has had this issue, he just puts "this is what I have a problem with" then... well... end), and with what I've observed from his previous threads my interpretation was different than his intended message.

So, I apologize that I was being a bit snark (and I will admit, rude) with my comment there, but already worn down my patience.  I was annoyed.  

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Keep in mind that Feathur is still in development. That said, it's working just fine for BlueVM in production, so it's something with your setup.

mtwiscool

Keep in mind that Feathur is still in development. That said, it's working just fine for BlueVM in production, so it's something with your setup.
i use the default set up.

it works when local to master but i'm trying to set up a remote connection to the slave due to some update bugs.

default iptables set up by the CP

i had to replace the uptime.php i do not know why it's not connecting and the error log is not helping. :(

mtwiscool

can you wget the file from the master node?
yes

Code:
[root@vps7 ~]# wget 95.128.47.39/uptime.php
--2014-02-12 10:19:24--  http://95.128.47.39/uptime.php
Connecting to 95.128.47.39:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: `uptime.php'

[ <=>                                   ] 423         --.-K/s   in 0s

2014-02-12 10:19:24 (33.8 MB/s) - `uptime.php' saved [423]

[root@vps7 ~]#

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
So, the way that Feathur determines if the node is connectable or not (thus if it's up or not) is by testing if it can connect via SSH to the node. SO, that suggests to me that the SSH keypair wasn't set up properly. 

Mun

Never Forget
So, the way that Feathur determines if the node is connectable or not (thus if it's up or not) is by testing if it can connect via SSH to the node. SO, that suggests to me that the SSH keypair wasn't set up properly. 
I have to agree.

tchen

so how do you fix this?
Repo steps tend to help.  

BTW, "I installed it" tends not to be enough, for paid or open source.   Paid support will hand-hold you through the steps asking you to clarify how you got to the stage you're at, without being patronizing.  But since you're coming at it as a free/community user directly from a git pull, no one is going to do that with you.

You should at least enable 'display_errors' in your php.ini and/or break out xDebug.  If you actually hit a real bug and not just some setup issue, file a Issue on github with the repo steps and error message.

mtwiscool

i do not know how my setup is wrong i got a centos 6 openvz and just stright away installed the master and tried to add the slave also installed per instructions.

tchen

i do not know how my setup is wrong i got a centos 6 openvz and just stright away installed the master and tried to add the slave also installed per instructions.
Let's back up a bit.  What do you mean you have a centos openvz?  Are you trying to install the slave on a VPS?

NOTICE: This Feathur installer is designed to run on a physical node. It is not recommended to install this ontop of a VPS or on top of an existing node.

mtwiscool

Let's back up a bit.  What do you mean you have a centos openvz?  Are you trying to install the slave on a VPS?
nope master = vps

slave = dedicated server :)

it was working when i tried boeth on the same dedicated server but 2 updates ago caused a issue ware it currupetd the webserver so to make it easire to recover the master i just tried to put it on a vps.

but slave is on a dedicated server default install and all keys copied right.

amuck-landowner