amuck-landowner

Ferguson - No Indictment

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
No, he was definitely a criminal, just, ya know, not criminal enough to the degree where a hail of bullets is necessary
Well, all perps deserve to be handled in civilized manner.  Brown was on a roll and in other less crime riddled places, what we saw with him hands on store owner would have received swift PD action and more ideally, an armed store owner that would have taken that straight armed shove as invitation to pack the big boy with some hot metal.  Steal from the store owner is bad, but hands on and intimidation, blah, BANG!

Bullets remain big question mark.  What was the officer packing, where was everyone in the skirmish and how in danger was the officer for real?   I still say the officer was packing standard ammo as I think I saw bullets that strayed hitting some nearby housing.  Reason why they pack hollow points is for maximum impact on perps and less likely to do damage on missed shots. The officer was wreckless with his firearm, period.  Shooting blindly when allegedly getting smacked, he's lucky more people weren't struck, like a child in their home.

Mass unloading by officers is way too common.  Plenty of examples of unarmed citizens face down, unarmed where the police have unloaded on guys murdering them.  

Instead of going totally crazy and demanding justice for Mike Brown, folks ought to be behind another martyr sacrificed to the police state.  One where the person truly wasn't up to anything.  Justice for Mike Brown is kind of lacking big picture.  The family claims his character was murdered by the media.  I think the lad did a good job of ruining his character all by himself.

Then the family, they murdered their character by yelling BURN THIS MOTHERFnCKER DOWN for 3 minutes.

Health and Human Services needs to start looking at folks like this, especially where they are beneficiaries of the taxpayers kindness.  I am a big fan of taking their WIC and food vouchers away and making folks show up to military style commissaries instead of giving them tradeable "money" that ends up misused.  As I so often have said, the behavior, the insanity, the criminality has roots in nutrition and the lack thereof.

ihatetonyy

St. Louis Post-Dispatch said:
Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot Michael Brown Aug. 9, has resigned from the police department, his attorney said.

Wilson, 28, who on Monday was cleared by a grand jury investigating the shooting, had been a member of the city's police department for six years.

Neil Bruntrager, Wilson's attorney, said a news conference is being planned.

His resignation letter reads:

"I, Darren Wilson, hereby resign my commission as a police officer with the City of Ferguson effective immediately. I have been told that my continued employment may put the residents and police officers of the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot allow. For obvious reasons, I wanted to wait until the grand jury made their decision before I officially made my decision to resign. It was my hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police officers and the community are of paramount importance to me. It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal. I would like to thank all of my supporters and fellow officers throughout this process."

Last edited by a moderator:

ihatetonyy

Bullets remain big question mark.  What was the officer packing, where was everyone in the skirmish and how in danger was the officer for real?   I still say the officer was packing standard ammo as I think I saw bullets that strayed hitting some nearby housing.  Reason why they pack hollow points is for maximum impact on perps and less likely to do damage on missed shots. The officer was wreckless with his firearm, period.  Shooting blindly when allegedly getting smacked, he's lucky more people weren't struck, like a child in their home.

g33JwuL.jpg

Instead of going totally crazy and demanding justice for Mike Brown, folks ought to be behind another martyr sacrificed to the police state. One where the person truly wasn't up to anything.
The rolling outrage has expanded after the Tamir Rice shooting.

Then the family, they murdered their character by yelling BURN THIS MOTHERFnCKER DOWN for 3 minutes.
Can't say I blame them considering the reaction came out right after the verdict.. in their eyes the murderer of their child just walked off scot-free.

Hell, it's not like the people doing the rioting needed any commands to considering the family has been calling for peaceful protests for quite a while to no avail. The familiar 'ocean of piss' analogy comes to mind.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
I heard this too.

“I think I expressed to him, ‘Do you realize your first call [back on the job] will be to a blind alley where you’re executed?’ He took a pause for a minute, thought about it and said, ‘Oh.’ That is the reality.”
Sources:

http://time.com/3608422/ferguson-darren-wilson-michael-brown-apology-grand-jury/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/darren-wilsons-lawyers-describe-officers-life-in-hiding-laud-his-staunchness/2014/11/26/8159ec22-75bf-11e4-9d9b-86d397daad27_story.html

Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot Michael Brown Aug. 9, has resigned from the police department, his attorney said.

Wilson, 28, who on Monday was cleared by a grand jury investigating the shooting, had been a member of the city's police department for six years.

"I, Darren Wilson, hereby resign my commission as a police officer with the City of Ferguson effective immediately. I have been told that my continued employment may put the residents and police officers of the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot allow. For obvious reasons, I wanted to wait until the grand jury made their decision before I officially made my decision to resign. It was my hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police officers and the community are of paramount importance to me. It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal. I would like to thank all of my supporters and fellow officers throughout this process."

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The rolling outrage has expanded after the Tamir Rice shooting.
The Tamir Rice shooting oh my.  Even my friends with better tans than I are saying the Tamir fellow earned what he got.  I am a little less inclined to go so far.  Force of police is a tad much.

What in the world had Tamir running around with a modified gun stripped of the orange marking?

Looking at video, Tamir is waving the gun all around on a public street.  Having a firearm fine, waving them around, not fine.

Problem with Tamir is it went on and on and then PD shows up and more of the same, it seems

I don't condone suicide by cop, but this is one of those incidents.  The kid was using very bad judgement.  

Pellet gun manufacturer bears some of the blame on this one it would seem.  Orange marking shouldn't be so easy to remove.  Hell pellet guns and similar shouldn't look anything like real guns, intentionally.

Again, could police have used less lethal force?  Perhaps they could have shot him in all four limbs when he didn't comply.  Possible to do.  Might go off wrong, pot luck with moving person.

Then again, like I always ask, 12 years old, where are the parents?

The part / rec center where this happened is a community problem it seems, probably contributing to police serious response:

19 Action News reviewed a list of calls this year to the Cudell Recreation Center and found there were calls for weapons, shots fired and other violence on a regular basis. 
"Scaring the (expletive) out of people. Keeps pulling it in and out of his pants and pointing it at people," said audio from a recent 911 call. 

Calls like that are common at Cudell. That particular call led Cleveland Police there the day they shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice, with a BB gun that looked like a high powered semi-automatic handgun. 

We asked for a list of calls to Cudell for 2014. We found calls for a weapon, shots fired, robbery, felonious assault, and more. They weren't just occasional calls, but they happened repeatedly month after month. 

Investigators said that Cudell, in the past, has been a gathering place for gang members, including some belonging to a gang that violent attacked park-goers. An officer said that one call for shots fired came with kids on the playground. 

This shows why police officers say they don't see Cudell as just a playground. Too often, they have seen it a crime scene. 
source: http://www.19actionnews.com/story/27503996/records-show-cudell-rec-center-has-violent-tendencies

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Darren Wilson's life is ruined.  He can't go be a police officer elsewhere as people will protest that and cause issues.

First stop someone notes who he is and back in the news.

He is going to have to move to another town, if not another state, and seek employment in something entirely unrelated.

ihatetonyy

Looking at video, Tamir is waving the gun all around on a public street.  Having a firearm fine, waving them around, not fine.

Problem with Tamir is it went on and on and then PD shows up and more of the same, it seems

I don't condone suicide by cop, but this is one of those incidents.  The kid was using very bad judgement.  

Again, could police have used less lethal force?  Perhaps they could have shot him in all four limbs when he didn't comply.  Possible to do.  Might go off wrong, pot luck with moving person.
  • Why pull up right next to someone waving a gun? Barring all lethal force training, isn't it basic common sense -- that has to be reinforced during whatever training they get for these kinds of situations -- not to place yourself within feet of someone who you suspect to have a weapon?
  • Especially in an area rife with gun calls?
  • The full quote from the call reads as follows -- from the Guardian article:

“I’m sitting in the park ... There’s a guy here with a pistol pointing it at everybody,” the caller says. “The guy keeps pulling it in and out of his pants, it’s probably fake but you know what, he’s scaring the shit out of people.”
  • Dispatch never passed this along.
  • Perhaps I'm wrong, but in the released video it literally takes only two to three seconds before he's shot. Did the police shout the order to show his hands at the speed of an auctioneer?
In stark contrast:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
  • Why pull up right next to someone waving a gun? Barring all lethal force training, isn't it basic common sense -- that has to be reinforced during whatever training they get for these kinds of situations -- not to place yourself within feet of someone who you suspect to have a weapon?
  • Especially in an area rife with gun calls?
  • The full quote from the call reads as follows -- from the Guardian article:

“I’m sitting in the park ... There’s a guy here with a pistol pointing it at everybody,” the caller says. “The guy keeps pulling it in and out of his pants, it’s probably fake but you know what, he’s scaring the shit out of people.”
  • Dispatch never passed this along.
  • Perhaps I'm wrong, but in the released video it literally takes only two to three seconds before he's shot. Did the police shout the order to show his hands at the speed of an auctioneer?
In stark contrast:

I agree that PD in Cleveland got way too close all considering.  Their securing the scene wasn't bright.  Either their training was lacking or it's was time overdue for more followup training.  Cleveland is another shithole of a place not known for having a properly trained PD.

No doubt that Cleveland PD deployed rapid bang bang action.  Whether the kid made that necessary, I can't say from that video.   Not complying with PD orders when you have a gun in sight is just a retarded move.  I am assuming that is what happened there.  Hoping so, otherwise the PD bears more responsibility.

The video you posted of Michigan, that's more like it and how police should be dealing with things.  There is no crime in carrying a firearm.  This old timer wasn't waving the gun around though. Appears to be at shoulder the whole time minus some normal adjustments.   What he was doing, was entirely lawful even if busy being pissed at someone across the street.  I wonder what came out of the whole situation there.

What did I learn?  Auto Zone is a reoccurring location for problems :)    Auto Zone was scene of multiple Ferguson insurrection events.

tonyg

I realize that what the old guy is doing is legal, but who the hell would feel comforable in the immediate area around the old guy?

I don't care how pro-gun someone is, anyone in the vicinity is going to be on edge.

That law is ridiculous.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I realize that what the old guy is doing is legal, but who the hell would feel comforable in the immediate area around the old guy?

I don't care how pro-gun someone is, anyone in the vicinity is going to be on edge.

That law is ridiculous.
Meh, I am not worried about that old dude.  In fact I'd probably stand in eyesight and make sure all is cool and ask him to chill since he has the gun and all.   Been there before encouraging people to calm down.  Bound to get shot?  Perhaps, but like any other show of force a guy like that isn't out to harm folks usually.   As long as people are communicating we are getting somewhere and establishing things.

However, there are people like him who have just gone off or should have never been in possession of such and that's a bad time.  One of those out there, meh, I am less inclined to interfere with.  I mean a random shooting all crazy ass like that and old boy is headed on a vacation for a long while ideally.

I know a guy punked by gangbangers and they tried driving him out of his own home where his family has been for 40 years.  Guy was shot on his own street and put in the hospital pretty ugly.    This was after local PD confiscated his firearms for sitting on his porch with a gun due to the regular [read: daily] violence, criminality, gun play, etc.

I am glad for Castle Doctrine and general concept of stay away from my property or I can use the shotgun to divide a bad actor from his / her life.  Not many hers out doing stupid like that, but they exist.

I'll say it and not avoid it, but old white guy vs. young black male. Most people regardless of color, income, living environment, etc. would wisely say they would be more concerned with the young black male waving the gun around vs. the geezer  imitating back when he was in the Civil War.  Statistically, they'd be right as gun violence in the young black male culture is out of control.  Old timers tend to have moral compasses in tact and multiple things to loose like their reputation, freedom, etc.  Contrast that to the urbanized stereotypical black male who just in huge swathes doesn't care about his own well being or anyone elses.

Now mind you,  I had a black friend murdered many many years ago a near proximity to me over his drug dealing.  Shot in the head multiple times.  A mess, a smell, a feeling all the chemical cleaners nor death will ever wash from me.

I understand the struggles, the life, the discrimination, etc.  I'll never understand why after all these decades the degenerate TRAP/RAP/DRUG culture continues to be glorified in our black communities.  We can talk to the real Ricky Ross about the crack epidemic and war apparatus behind the mind fnckery.  I want to believe it's a mental screwjob / brainwashing, and not a hugh population swath being suicidal.  It's sad.

Next time they riot, pick better targets.  Take something out that needs taken out.  Not the local liquor store, unless the community feels they can't deal with liquor / the liquor store is somehow victimizing the youths through illegal sales or something.  I choose Planned Parenthood - since abortion is at genocide levels in these communities.

Sadly all the regular cap in your a$$, bang bang AK talk, hyper military crap spewed by that society isn't showing up and doing much of anything.  I wouldn't mind these folks walking their 'hoods, policing their 'hoods, looking out for their people. But they won't cause B*TCHES GET STITCHES and SNITCHES GO IN DITCHES. The terrorize their own people.

How can anyone salvage these communities?  I am not even addressing the actual underlying violent crime statistics which are a sad indictment of the dysfunction of hyper urban young black men.

Families.  These people really need to establish families and quit replacing the man of the house with an Uncle Scam check.

Churches.  These folks use to be adherents of God.   It set up some mental checksum.  With the decline, well the community at large has fallen.

Respect. Do I need to elaborate?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
untitled-5500.jpg

Go Portland!  A little more friendly out there.

How about the PD riding BMW motorcycles... Hipsters.

Some more good photos from the same photographer.

Funny Portland PD at least in these photos wasn't out in riot gear, although a big crowd.

Portland continues to show positive population growth.  St. Louis continues to show population decline.

Policing and general life sentiments contribute to well being of a city or decline. The old industrial giants of towns continue to have per capita income lagging, old stubborn ways, and heavy handed policing.

amuck-landowner