amuck-landowner

Ferguson - No Indictment

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Someone write me a greasemonkey script to replace every image ChrisMiller posts with the word "Nigger", saves screen space and he's really dancing around it anyways

Thanks for proving the point in my image! Are you proud you are part of the problem?

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Sounds like Kent State all over again..

Watch, we hear the excuse "video games made me do it!"

Whooaah, how'd I miss this one? definitely worst post lol

It's really hard/rare to find pro-National Guard at Kent State people

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyg

@texteditor People like this Chris dude just think that by posting such stuff it makes them "one of the guys".

Like the old saying goes...don't feed the trolls.

Again, the whole point of Ferguson is police abuse. In this case, the killing of an unarmed person.

It could happen to anyone.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
@texteditor People like this Chris dude just think that by posting such stuff it makes them "one of the guys".

Like the old saying goes...don't feed the trolls.

Again, the whole point of Ferguson is police abuse. In this case, the killing of an unarmed person.

It could happen to anyone.

So posting factual information is trolling? Lol... 

The only evidence of police abuse there is in Ferguson is not putting all options on the table to put a stop to these animals rioting and destroying the place over an earned death of a thieving ghetto rat. 

tonyg

The only evidence of police abuse there is in Ferguson is not putting all options on the table to put a stop to these animals rioting and destroying the place over an earned death of a thieving ghetto rat. 

So the dude deserved to die because he was stealing?

By the way, I fully understand that life is much simpler when everything is black/white, good/bad etc.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider

By the way, I fully understand that life is much simpler when everything is black/white, good/bad etc.

He viciously attacked an officer of the law and went for the officers gun putting the publics life in danger and yes with no doubt he got what he deserved. That doesn't leave the fact that there is no "cure" for what he did in that store to that clerk. No prison sentence is long enough to prevent that disease (Robbery) from spreading. 

AndrewM

He didn't die because he was thief, he assaulted the officer. I disagree with the logic you used in this post, there is evidence and court documents in this thread and I urge you to track back and read them. 

I've followed this since the first day, it's a tragedy on both sides. Michael Brown didn't deserve the die, no one deserves to have their life essentially "taken" from them, but he made a choice and it so happened to be the wrong one, nothing you can do about it now. The officer's life will never be the same either, he will constantly be in fear of retaliation now.

Regardless of if you think the officer was in the wrong, the grand jury disagrees with you. This is our justice system at work, a jury of his peers voted no true bill (the same kind of people you talk/walk/eat with every day, they aren't special people), it wasn't a setup.

Now I see why @Francisco is proud to be Canadian. #pony

Disagree with me if you will, I encourage healthy discussion. But the racism in this thread is blatant and needless, people of all colors have done the same thing Michael Brown did, he didn't make the decision he made because of his skin color. There's no need to bring race into it (although the main stream media did a fine job at doing it.)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
He didn't die because he was thief, he assaulted the officer. I disagree with the logic you used in this post, there is evidence and court documents in this thread and I urge you to track back and read them. 

I've followed this since the first day, it's a tragedy on both sides. Michael Brown didn't deserve the die, no one deserves to have their life essentially "taken" from them, but he made a choice and it so happened to be the wrong one, nothing you can do about it now. The officer's life will never be the same either, he will constantly be in fear of retaliation now.

Regardless of if you think the officer was in the wrong, the grand jury disagrees with you. This is our justice system at work, a jury of his peers voted no true bill (the same kind of people you talk/walk/eat with every day, they aren't special people), it wasn't a setup.

Now I see why @Francisco is proud to be Canadian. #pony

Disagree with me if you will, I encourage healthy discussion. But the racism in this thread is blatant and needless, people of all colors have done the same thing Michael Brown did, he didn't make the decision he made because of his skin color. There's no need to bring race into it (although the main stream media did a fine job at doing it.)
Good post.

It should also be noted that the Jury was selected in May well before this event even took place. I've seen it repeated over and over how the jury may have been biased due to their ethnic make up. While I suppose that may be possible, it's important to understand that they weren't chosen after the shooting.

The eye witness reports were very poor, and later many were debunked as false or those who intitially said they saw it admitted that they didn't actually see it, but heard that it happened in the manner they described it to police initially based on what someone else said.

After seeing the CCTV footage of Brown robbing the store minutes before his death and how he reacted to authority there and had no respect or concern of the employee who attempted to stop him, I have to say that the officers account sounds more believable than the others. You don't become violent with an officer. And believe me, my feelings towards police in the USA is hit or miss. Lot of cops out there don't deserve the badge they stand behind, but I really don't think Wilson did anything wrong. Grabbing an officers gun and assaulting him is a clear escalation of force that warrants the use of a lethal weapon. At the time the officer had no way to know if the man who was attacking him was unarmed or not, had no way of knowing where this would go.

It should be noted that Wilson didn't have a tazer, though the escalation of force of attempting to take a gun away and assault an officer would warrant the use of his pistol anyway. And to those who wonder, "Why didn't he shoot him in the leg or the shoulder or something..." that's not how officers or people who take defensive hand gun training are trained. In a situation like that you're not staring down the sights and taking calculated, smooth and direct shots. Your heart is pumping, you're panicking as your life is in danger and you aim for center mass. Also, from a legal stand point, shooting to wound is a horrible idea especially if you admit that was your intention in court.

Besides, it's not like the officer can have a normal life now. Not like he can just go home and order a pizza and watch TV and relax after work. He's got to move. He's got a target on his back from those who don't wish to believe, read, or interpret the evidence. He's got a community of people who want him dead simply because he did his job properly.

In reality, this should have never been a national news story and should have been isolated to the community it impacted. More important stuff is happening all over the country and the world but the media was fixated on trying to create more racial tension and banking on you getting upset and emotional and mad and sad.

TheLinuxBug

@MannDude said:

In reality, this should have never been a national news story and should have been isolated to the community it impacted. More important stuff is happening all over the country and the world but the media was fixated on trying to create more racial tension and banking on you getting upset and emotional and mad and sad.

This.

As I said above:

More over, it ridiculous that the news services think its a good idea to continue to report on this and glamorize the event.
You can't fix stupid and sadly that's becoming a large part of the common watcher base for these news networks which like to glamorize and over report events that don't deserved to be saddled up like a horse and ridden into the ground, like has more recently become popular on most news sources.  People watch this stuff, get overly emotionally invested in it and think they need to do something about it.  Now, you have a bunch of people protesting all over the place and creating un-needed fear for everyone.

I am by no means saying this issue should be buried or that the people involved didn't have a right to feel as they did, but there is no need for stuff to be taken so overboard in the manors we saw over the past several days and in the recent past on the American news networks.  It is just too much. 

Cheers!

vRozenSch00n

This is the side effect of misused technology. Aside from mainstream medias, social medias involved many people from various backgrounds, level of education and value system. This social system spread words more rapidly than a burning bush. Sadly not everybody has the same level of maturity, and the words spread might gone out of proportion.

Some people have no shame to bare false witness just to show on TV. Some others edit video footage for fun without thinking emotional effect that they cause.  

Such irresponsible act might bring about devastating impact when it touches sensitive issue such as racism.

rds100

Verified Provider
"Was MB running away from DW when fired upon"? What is the purpose of this question in the first place? If the bullet holes were in his back he was running away. If the bullet holes were on his front he was not running away. There is no need to ask witnesses about this, when this can be proven with hard evidence. Unless of course you ask this just to test if the witness is telling the truth.

ihatetonyy

"Was MB running away from DW when fired upon"? What is the purpose of this question in the first place? If the bullet holes were in his back he was running away. If the bullet holes were on his front he was not running away. There is no need to ask witnesses about this, when this can be proven with hard evidence. Unless of course you ask this just to test if the witness is telling the truth.
To shoot at someone and to actually hit someone are different things.

rds100

Verified Provider
I guess they can always count and compare the number of shells found with the number of bullets found in the body.

ihatetonyy

I guess they can always count and compare the number of shells found with the number of bullets found in the body.
I feel incredibly dirty linking to RT but:

At least 10 gunshots total can be heard during the recording, which Glide certified as being captured at 12:02 pm on Saturday, August 9th. This is the same time that 18-year-old Brown, an unarmed black teenager, was shot and killed by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson.

http://rt.com/usa/183540-ferguson-shooting-audio-recording/

rds100

Verified Provider
So how many bullets did they find in this guy? Did the bullets enter from the front of from the back?

ihatetonyy

So how many bullets did they find in this guy? Did the bullets enter from the front of from the back?
 Six shots:

PBS NewsHour said:
The St. Louis County medical examiner’s autopsy report indicated that 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot in the hand at close range during an altercation with Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson. To support that finding, the autopsy said a microscopic exam found foreign matter “consistent with products that are discharged from the barrel of a firearm” on the tissue of Brown’s thumb wound.

The county’s report also showed that Brown was shot six times, with gunshot wounds to the head and chest as the cause of death. An additional toxicology report detected marijuana in Brown’s blood.

According to the Associated Press, the report, however, did not explain why Wilson shot Brown after a struggle in the police officer’s SUV nor clarified whether Brown was surrendering or reaching for the officer’s weapon.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/michael-browns-official-autopsy-report-actually-reveal/

rds100

Verified Provider
Well, if i were in the cop's shoes and some angry gangster was coming my way i would certainly shoot him too. As many times as i can, until he drops down.

ihatetonyy

Well, if i were in the cop's shoes and some angry gangster was coming my way i would certainly shoot him too. As many times as i can, until he drops down.
See "running when fired upon" and "charge the officer" columns.

At the risk of playing devil -- er, dead man's -- advocate, I am also intrigued at how a robbery of cigarillos has turned someone with no prior record into a gangster. But I don't want to break up such a grand circlejerk, either.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
You sound like you are trying to describe an angel. Well, this “angel” of yours harassed a clerk, robbed the store and beat up a policeman, and he was such an “angel” that a policeman felt it necessary to draw his gun to put an end this “angel’s” life  What an “angel’! —  a burglar, wife beater and petty thief  :rolleyes:

I cannot understand why any sane man or woman would defend this “angel’...oh well, so it goes.

I feel incredibly dirty linking to RT but:

At least 10 gunshots total can be heard during the recording, which Glide certified as being captured at 12:02 pm on Saturday, August 9th. This is the same time that 18-year-old Brown, an unarmed black teenager, was shot and killed by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson.

http://rt.com/usa/183540-ferguson-shooting-audio-recording/

amuck-landowner