amuck-landowner

Former GreenValueHost customer mucked up in religious parody host HostNun

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So HostNun.net continues to run weird, albeit hell bent offers. 

It's a creative front PR/awareness gimmick for someone.

Whois info on hostnun.net leads to a Matt fellow who is an "artist".  Is he involved? Maybe.

Street address again is a Toronto incorporation mill / post office box.   Same address is used by other notable scammers as well as some legit companies.

So....  Funny little thing found about hostnun.net

WHMCS license 5b99ea35c10835e911d6 (Jonathan Nguyen, GreenValueHost, [email protected]) for abbey.hostnun.net (domain registered on 2013-06-22)
Is this typical?   "Uninvolved" host with their info on WHMCS license for a "client"?

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
HostNun actually has WHMCS? I never actually looked at their website, I just thought it was a troll novelty account. They're banned from WHT, and anything I've seen on LET posted by them just looked like a troll and not serious.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
They had LET offer/post other day about free services from any other LET host... Strange offer / promo.

Banned from WHT... hehe...

We need a database for stuff like this.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
I always assumed HostNun was like an alter-ego kind of thing of one of the CC staff. I still kind of think it is. It must get quite boring for them sometimes I guess. :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Ahh that video, some young bimbo.

Sister Cherry?  Servers blessed by a priest?

Distasteful and sacrilegious.

HostUS-Alexander

Verified Provider
So HostNun.net continues to run weird, albeit hell bent offers. 

It's a creative front PR/awareness gimmick for someone.

Whois info on hostnun.net leads to a Matt fellow who is an "artist".  Is he involved? Maybe.

Street address again is a Toronto incorporation mill / post office box.   Same address is used by other notable scammers as well as some legit companies.

So....  Funny little thing found about hostnun.net

WHMCS license 5b99ea35c10835e911d6 (Jonathan Nguyen, GreenValueHost, [email protected]) for abbey.hostnun.net (domain registered on 2013-06-22)
Is this typical?   "Uninvolved" host with their info on WHMCS license for a "client"?
Yes. If they buy their WHMCS Licence from GVH It will show as GVH's licences. Matt used to be one of my clients, he seems a nice guy him self, but the trouble he causes. Oh my.

- Alexander

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So doesn't WHMCS DISALLOW buying a license from one provider and then hosting it elsewhere?

You may only sell licenses to your own hosting/dedicated customers

nslookup abbey.hostnun.net

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: abbey.hostnun.net
Address: 199.204.45.231

whois 199.204.45.231

NetRange: 199.204.44.0 - 199.204.47.255
CIDR: 199.204.44.0/22
OriginAS: AS33028
NetName: RANGE1
NetHandle: NET-199-204-44-0-1
Parent: NET-199-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
RegDate: 2010-04-12
Updated: 2012-03-02
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-199-204-44-0-1

OrgName: vexxhost
OrgId: VWH
Address: 65 Brunswick Boulevard, Suite 240
City: Montreal
StateProv: QC
PostalCode: H4B 2N4
RegDate: 2008-03-25
Updated: 2012-09-28
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/VWH

OrgTechHandle: NASER-ARIN
OrgTechName: Naser, Mohammed
OrgTechPhone: +1-514-320-6290
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]
OrgTechRef: http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/NASER-ARIN

Clear that where the license was issued to isn't hosted with GVH.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Host Nun was one of our previous cloud reseller hosting clients whom purchased a reseller account with free WHMCS included. Their WHMCS License was previously hosted on our installation until they cancelled their plan with us and moved to a different provider for an undisclosed reason.

Allow me to explain why our names are on the license: Because we are an authorized WHMCS reseller, ALL LICENSES PURCHSED FROM US WILL HAVE OUR BRAND NAME on it. Even though their license is no longer active with us (since they cancelled, and we reissued the license as it's waiting to be used by a new client), the license is still attached to their WHMCS in the logs and as long as their WHMCS installation exists you'll still be able to look it up.

We don't own Host Nun and we are not affiliated in any other way than what I have described above.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Appears that Hostnun doesn't check out for a *current* WHMCS license.   That's good or perhaps bad, but not GVH-Jon's worry.

Glad to see HostNun was shown the door.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I should clarify, Hostnun checks with the WHMCS license checker and details unavailable.    They should be kosher.   

Their schtick and insane digs at religion make we want to throw my hand in a blender.  Running a business like this is purely nutso.

Someone should have left this as an art project / parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner