amuck-landowner

GVH suspended after minor use of 100TB plan

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I just don't see their vision of using the 5420's to satisfy customers more, I see it as an overselling gimmick, but that's just me.
I don't see this happening, unless someone has a pile of them and nearly free / pay me later.  He's scrambling to find solutions while on self inflicted fire.  CC can't deliver more servers and been waiting for such for weeks.  Thus his trying to buy out dissatisfied customer on LET thread.

The kid needs to focus, clean up his nodes of actual abuse, deal with his shit vendors/bad configs (like those DD speeds)  - like who in the heck said that would make a good node with "old" issue/slow disk/whatever else?  That plus good administration would go a long way.  It's what separates the real hosts with users that use resources from the crack slinging imaginary brands with buyers who never use resources.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wild guess but could be on the mark. If this is a 100% come clean, it's possible CC will mark HVH as their fully managed brand and "sell" off the unmanaged (read: LE priced) customers to address possible conflict of interest concerns.

The managed part is a likely, where as the budget users? who knows.
It's close, like always.  Just depends on how much spin gets thrown on that curveball.  Always over the target, always.

Honestly, in a bargain climate and in a bargain site LET/LEB where you are known for firesales and dealing with clients that often leave a lot to be desired, demanding, etc. while leaving little coinage on table, it has to be kicking CC's ass.   It's cutthroat downward business, sell more to stay at same level, support increased 300x.   "employee" costs balloon and margins shrink.  I've seen some of the quotes for server rentals out of BUF,  really getting nuts to close a deal .... Low low prices.

They no doubt are self cannibalizing (eating their own arms and justifying with scale - competing with themselves - other voice in their head/brand on who is going to eat their other leg).

Only way out of that is to redefine a premium line and push the low end over and "out".  So, we might be seeing that in the HVH arm of things.

GIANT_CRAB

hi guise,

y r u guys stil not using the 512GB SSD to replace all the RAM?????

u can offer 100 cores if u use AMD processors XDddd DDD

peterw

After the barrage of threads about us recently on LowEndTalk and vpsBoard, I have been going through emotional distress, trying to fight a battle within myself on my personal ethics and morality. I have realized now that my past actions have caused a lot of trouble, anger, and hatred from people in the community and I have decided that it is time for me to open my eyes to reality and come clean to everything.

I want to start by saying that I owe everyone here an apology. Through my actions and through my words, I realize now that I have been arrogant, rude, egotistical, greedy, and disrespectful. Everyone that I have encountered has every single right to be angry with me for my actions, and the things that I have did, and I could not express in words right now how disappointed I am at myself and how much I feel like dirt. I had things going well for me, and once had the respect of many hosting industry pioneers, such as Aldryic, Martin, and Skylar, and I went down the wrong path with my greed for low end market share, power, and money. I foolishly decided to hide behind marketing tactics and superiors, and realize now that I was in the wrong, and that I am to blame. I wanted mass expansion, I wanted growth, I wanted market share, but it was not until when things started collapsing on me did I realize that the path I was going on wasn't the right path to go on.

What a lot of people have said about me on several threads on this forum and several threads on the other forum are right. I was a crazy lunatic that didn't know what he was doing. With my attempts at concealment, I have hurt my colleagues, our community, and most of all, our beloved and valued customers. I want to make a change. I want to turn our company and our reputation around, and cleanse the dirt on our name. I don't want to continue going on the path that I have been going on, I want to turn around and make the turn to go on the right path. There will be no more lies, no more overloading, no more mass overselling, and no more disrespect. We will start alleviating the conditions on our nodes by deploying additional nodes of spreading across VMs that have been congested into a single node, and we will start doing this as soon as possible. We will also be addressing and handling the situation with srv3 as soon as possible by deploying new pure SSD servers and offering clients a free upgrade to move over, along with generous compensations. I realize and understand now that our profits are not the most valuable assets to our company; our customers are. And in order to sustain a successful business, we need to focus on what matters most, our customers.

What is on a lot of people's minds right about about us is the Facebook picture that is being circulated around. I want to come clean, I don't wish to hide anything any more and I want a fresh start. The profile picture posted in that previous thread that is being circulated is a picture that was taken from my Facebook profile in 2013 that I posted at the early age of 15. Nearly two years ago when I co founded GreenValueHost, I had a vision to create one of the best hosting companies in existence. My vision began being blurred and driven by greed and it led to disastrous results in which I could have never imagined. I truly, truly love the hosting industry and have a true passion for the field of technology, and I honestly do love this place. I love hosting and I always want to be right here in the hosting industry, and nowhere else. I have a very wonderful team of staff, colleagues, and friends that I have met throughout my journey to help me through this, and I will always value and appreciate everything that they have done for me thus far and everything that they will continue to do as time continues to pass by to the future.

As much as it seems the opposite to most people right now, deep down I have no bad intentions and I wish for the best for everyone, especially members of the community and our clients. I am writing this thread to ask you, the members of this dear community, and any of our clients that may be reading this, for your dear mercy and forgiveness to accept my sincere apology and to forgive me for the horrible mistakes that I have made. I understand that some people still may be skeptical reading this, and I understand. I understand that the mistakes that I have made have made dreadful wounds, and that it will take time before I will be able to heal them. I am going to work towards not only improving our services, but our morals and ethical values, and hope that one day we will be able to shine bright with a clean name. This will be the start of a beginning for both GreenValueHost and myself, and right now I just want nothing but to put our profits aside and work on building towards a better future.
Without any comments.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
On LET.  Apparently he felt that there was no need to apologize to the members of this community.

He also went right back to the claims of "14 non-outsourced staff", etc immediately after.  Nothing but a publicity stunt.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
On LET.  Apparently he felt that there was no need to apologize to the members of this community.

He also went right back to the claims of "14 non-outsourced staff", etc immediately after.  Nothing but a publicity stunt.
That's been it all along.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Oh, you should've seen the PM that the kid sent me (and presumably others).  Gems such as "I feel like I've treated you the worst out of everyone" and "It's people like you that I should have listened to. It's people like you that have achieved success in this industry and you deserve to be looked up to".

I typically only see that level of cocksuckery when someone's begging not to be terminated for TOS violations or such.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh, you should've seen the PM that the kid sent me (and presumably others).  Gems such as "I feel like I've treated you the worst out of everyone" and "It's people like you that I should have listened to. It's people like you that have achieved success in this industry and you deserve to be looked up to".

I typically only see that level of cocksuckery when someone's begging not to be terminated for TOS violations or such.

Hahaha!   That term is funnnnnneeeeyy!  Almost as funny as that Clinton meme.  He was the first black president, the media told me that multiple time.  Bro plays the sax.

I am all about second chances, heck I give people a few more if they don't inflict harm on others in ugly ways.  If nothing else, I think GVH-Jon is being candid, and honest about how he feels.   Humanity isn't something we see enough of around here.  If he hosed someone too bad, sure, we want to hear about it and slap him some more.

It's tear jerking when you have to clean the bed pans and change the diapers.  Life sometimes just give you what you earned and he fessed up to that.   Not my route of going about re-routing the ship lost at sea, but hey, better than the braggadocios stuff.  #1 GO TEAM 18 STRONG!

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Second chances are great, when a person actually makes an effort to change.  The only effort I saw was FAR in the opposite direction (http://imgur.com/bq3aHXZ), and this isn't close to being his second chance anyways.  How many times have we seen this repeat itself now?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Abuse is relative.  In a plan providing 100TB of bandwidth and 250GB of disk space, then using 4MB/s or even 7.2MB/s shouldn't be considered abuse.  As seen from the dd tests posted here, the disks are taxed and therefore 4MB/s was causing the system load to go up.
My post wasn't directly targetted at the specific case of abuse in this thread, but was more of a wider "this is an issue" post. Sure you're allowed to use the resources you've paid for, but people that wget files repeatedly are simply doing it for the sake of being inconsiderate to others on the node using it for legitimate purposes. THAT particular case SHOULD NOT cause performance issues, so if I saw it I'd likely let it happen.

The example I gave, a user was wgetting large files to disk and then deleting them, and running it over and over causing our disk IO to tank as a result of these needless writes.

As far as TOS/AUP goes, there's a fine line between what should be abuse and what shouldn't be in this case. I have considered adding a "don't be a dickwad" clause, but haven't NEEDED to add it (we don't beg for abusers to use us with 100TB BW packages). That case doesn't fall under any real "abuse" as it isn't directly causing performance issues for other clients (assuming your node isn't overloaded beyond to hell and back), but again was just a more generalized "I dislike people who do that" type thing.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Second chances are great, when a person actually makes an effort to change.  The only effort I saw was FAR in the opposite direction (http://imgur.com/bq3aHXZ), and this isn't close to being his second chance anyways.  How many times have we seen this repeat itself now?
The screenshot above was not the entire conversation; I was attempting to negotiate a deal to acquire NodePacket to run as GreenValueHost's subsidiary premium brand however didn't get to finish the conversation with Tim as of yet. If the deal goes through, I believe that Tim should have a right to meet and get to know every person that would be participating in the operations of his company. I was throwing out ideas for terms of the acquisition.

Last edited by a moderator:

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
The screenshot above was not the entire conversation; I was attempting to negotiate a deal to acquire NodePacket to run as GreenValueHost's subsidiary premium brand however didn't get to finish the conversation with Tim as of yet. If the deal goes through, I believe that Tim should have a right to meet and get to know every person that would be participating in the operations of his company. I was throwing out ideas for terms of the acquisition.
You use words like "subsidiary" and "brand" and "acquisition" and we giggle.

Children, you evidently read BusinessWeek to pick up the lingo, but you should be aware of the following:

1. No one takes you seriously because we know you're 17-year-olds.

2. Because you're ColoCrossing-powered, second-hand even, the assumption is that your service sucks.  

3. Experience proves this.

4. Your claims of staff are completely hilarious to us.  You have generated more derisive laughter in your short existence than any other "company" I can think of.  I do thank you for that, by the way.

5. The best providers in the LEB world do not have an Executive Leadership Team.  They do not have a Quality Assurance Team.  They do not have 18 staff.  I don't think even non-LEB providers have 18 staff.

6. You cannot fool us with your silly big business lingo.  Every time you try to sound grown up, you sound more childish.

7. After your "plea for forgiveness" on LET, you really need to leave the hosting industry, finish high school, and get a job.  That post will be linked every time you ever show your name on the Internet for the next 10 years and probably will show up every time a potential employer googles your name.

Wait, what am I saying...with your vested stock options, executive compensation terms, transnational corporate interests, and potential acquisition of Google via junior subordinated perpetual zero coupon debentures, you'll surely never have to work again.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I saw more of the conversation.  It was a cry for help - and at this point, euthanasia would be the best assistance someone could offer.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I saw more of the conversation.  It was a cry for help - and at this point, euthanasia would be the best assistance someone could offer.
Lucky that new abortion movement only aims to prune kiddos up to age 3.

Wait, what am I saying...with your vested stock options, executive compensation terms, transnational corporate interests, and potential acquisition of Google via junior subordinated perpetual zero coupon debentures, you'll surely never have to work again.
You rock!   That's a good swab of downright silly laughter.  Thanks for it!

The screenshot above was not the entire conversation
Unsure why such a private conversation was leaked out like that.  Ahhh hmmmm.   I think there was more contributing drama rama around the whole thing.  No need... shhh!  No children were harmed in the process and everyone settled down after a proper nap and some warm milk.  Now to staff a wet nurse for the kids here in our version of play school.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
6. You cannot fool us with your silly big business lingo.  Every time you try to sound grown up, you sound more childish.
Truthfully, the silly big business lingo he's using now indicates he's matured greatly in the short time period since his Mickey Mouse/Taylor Swift storytelling days.

Mouse Mickey immediately said “OH YES!! YES!! I LOVE HORSES!! YES!!!!” and out of nowhere, Taylor Swift pushed him into the horse and he and the horse fell down.

AuroraZero

@DomainBop Hey you!!! Yeah You!! leave Taylor Swift alone. She is kind of hot in the I have to much make up on, I am a prettied up make up doll kind of way. I had another way to put it but decided to be nice for once. Nice to Taylor I have nothing against DomainBop at all. :)

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
@DomainBop Hey you!!! Yeah You!! leave Taylor Swift alone. She is kind of hot in the I have to much make up on, I am a prettied up make up doll kind of way. I had another way to put it but decided to be nice for once. Nice to Taylor I have nothing against DomainBop at all. :)
She's also pleasantly gif-able

3cDtuMR.gif

whitegirllean.gif:

x0PdAa4.gif

amuck-landowner