amuck-landowner

Help wanted for technical how-to tutorial for Debian 7 mail server

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Looking for someone to do a complete and reproduce-able tutorial for a mail server solution for Debian 7.

The tutorial should cover a standard open source mail package and allow for multiple users and multiple domains.  Additionally, it should handle standard IMAP/POP3/SMTP and have web based email access via standard open source favorite (RoundCube maybe?).  Emphasis through and through is simple to follow and easy to understand.

The tutorial when completed will be shared with the vpsBoard community as a tutorial to benefits others.  

Anyone capable/interested feel free to post here or PM me.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I got the same idea not that long ago and I'm workig on it. However, I'm leaving today for a 2 week vacation and it will take some time to finish.

It will be published on lowendguide.com when finished. Reposting it here is allowed. :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It will be published on lowendguide.com when finished. Reposting it here is allowed.

Most definitely allowed and encouraged.

Glad to see the tutorial and toss something your way as a matter of thanks.  

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I will probably split i up and do the webmail on a different post, that way I (or anyone else) could have the basics server services setup and then choose the webmail interface they want.

Still a bit on the drawing board but I'm getting there.

blergh

Verified Provider
This is actually quiet simple, you can just use iredmail with minor modifications (DKIM/aliases etc). Doesn't take more than an hour or so to setup along with decent fail2ban-rules/iptables

netnub

I was actually doing something along the lines of this, but not as a tutorial but for a job. I'd finish off the script I wrote to install and configure it all for you, but I'm not even home for the next two days.

amuck-landowner