amuck-landowner

Hostress Closing? Dumps former GVH customers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Email just received:

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform our GVH customers that we can no longer serve you.  The model that the previous company had was not profitable and we can no longer float the debt.  At this time the servers are defaulted with our provider and will not be renewed.  As a courtesy our provider has given the customers of GVH a 30 day time frame to move their data to a new provider.  We unfortunately will not be issueing service creditds or refunds

Hudson Valley Host will be acquiring the dedicated server clients.  These clients will receive new client area logins at Hudson Valley Host.  Pricing will not change for them.

Hudson Valley Host also would like to extend an offer to the OpenVZ VPS customers.  They are offering 55% off for LIFE on any self-managed VPS account or shared hosting account.  You can use coupon code: gvh5515.  Unfortunately Hudson Valley Host cannot honor the current offerings that GVH did prior and will not be absorbing the VPS and shared customers.  If you would like to signup and use the provided coupon you can view their website at http://www.HudsonValleyHost.com.  

The current servers will remain online until 9/18/2015.  At this time the servers will be taken offline and the data will be purged. 

This email only applies to prior GVH customers and the equipment from GVH.  This does not apply to previous Hostress customers.  Their services will remain online.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This is what happens when guys get things but refuse to work their brand.

Seriously, having outsourced Indian team isn't working your brand.  Owner has to be active and managing things.  It isn't rocket science.

Hostress has been on autopilot for months.

Tyler

Hopefully those customers will get better service elsewhere.

Hopefully those customers are no longer delusional and understand that they need to pay realistic prices for realistic services. $3/yr VPS aren't realistic.

zed

I kinda feel bad for hostress. All the hands this duckpoop squoozed thru, hardly seems fair to give the last guys holding it a hard time.

Reactions: RLT

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I kinda feel bad for hostress. All the hands this duckpoop squoozed thru, hardly seems fair to give the last guys holding it a hard time.

I would agree if multiple GVH customers hadn't outreached in past several months to say that no one was home over there and the place was on autopilot.  Customers offlined 3+ weeks in both instances with endless ticket hockey and an owner that has better things to do somewhere else. (i.e. he let escalated tickets sit idle that long and failed to take action until I pressed the matter).

I expect lazy, but.

Reactions: RLT

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
MBlS7Wr.gif

That'd be all, folks. Really do feel bad for those customers though, they deserve better regardless of who the original provider was or who it was run by.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Hopefully those customers are no longer delusional

Sadly the people who run the two businesses that briefly acquired GVH customers/plans are still delusional and really think they can run a business.

Quote said:
  The model that the previous company had was not profitable and we can no longer float the debt
Didn't the previous interim owner that Thomas acquired this steaming pile of shit from say about the same thing when he gave up after only a few months?

Gather round boys and girls who want to play CEO and make acquisions, today we're going to learn a new phrase: DUE DILIGENCE..

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Surprise! When you're motivated by greed you're blind to common sense. "As a courtesy"? What courtesy? I think what they meant to say was "Since we're stealing your money and selling your data to another host we'll give you an extra 30 days with your empty VPS since we deleted all of your data recently and a lot of you don't have a working VPS anyways so you get 30 more days to wonder if you're VPS will ever be back online".

What a waste of bandwidth these clowns have been. Trading clients like Pokemon cards (I was going to say baseball cards but I think only adults trade baseball cards these days), shifting companies like rent dodgers (albeit they all seem to be in bed with the same data center, hmm....), empty promises since day one, complete disregard for the clients well being, multiple "hacks" resulting in client data loss/database leaks, spamming clients and non-clients, secret backdoor deals that line pockets and don't benefit the clients at all, and horrible attempts at PR that make them look like fools and hurt other providers who actually have a clue as to what they are doing in this market.

It is not the client's fault that Hostress doesn't have a clue how to run a business or how to properly admin a server, yet they are the ones who are suffering while Thomas collects their payments. I saw Thomas reply on the LET thread but I didn't bother reading it because he is incapable of telling the truth so I didn't waste my time with more BS. He said things would be different this time and I guess they are, at least he scammed people under his real name this time unlike the last time.

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
I honestly didn't see this acquisition going well, and I agree with just about everything that was said above by @KuJoe.

Whether or not this is the real Jonny on IRC or not, I can't confirm, but I dropped in on this conversation a couple minutes ago...

"<jonnyn> [21:43] <JoeMerit> you should pick them back up
<jonnyn> I could if I wanted.
<jonnyn> A few customers actually messaged me to tell me that they miss the old GVH and they miss me being the ops dir."

When customers start crawling back to the primary "leader" that made the company the mess it is today for help, you know there's a problem with the new owner(s).

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Did anyone expect any other outcome from this? The only detail unclear to me was which CC company would get the clients(+extras) in the end. I guess now we know.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It seems like they've stopped shipping scraps to CVPS after the 123Systems failure.  HVH is where all the wayward LET companies now get sent for proper disposal.

RIP GVH, burn baby burn!

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
YPbLcNB.png

Never mind that, it's just history repeating itself.

Details

Hostnamehostress.net Web Reputation question.pngNeutral

Web Category question.pngN/A   Last DayLast MonthEmail Volume question.png0.01.5Volume Change question.png-100% down.gif  Domain question.pnghostress.netNetwork Owner question.pngCloudFlare

amuck-landowner