amuck-landowner

How do you upload your files to your webserver?

Echelon

Verified Provider
SFTP by default, SCP if all else fails, and FTP over SSL if dealing with a system that has blocked both SFTP and SCP.

Nikki

I usually use SFTP or FTPS. SFTP is the default if I don't need to worry about speed/cpu usage, but recently I've been having trouble with AT&T possibly limiting standard FTP connections for downloads (I only use FTP for bigger file transfers like movies), so I moved to FTPS for a couple things.

dcdan

Verified Provider
I automate uploads/syncs with cmd files, but it is still scp (under Win7).

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Thanks for all of the responses, some really interesting methods out there. I've found a workaround to my problem (I just do all of my coding on my Windows 7 VM and FTP works just fine), but keep the posts coming since I'm sure others are learning of new apps and protocols from this thread also. :)

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
lftp, because it is the best ftp/sftp/ftps client, and it's cuses based so i can run it on any box in tmux

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Depends on where it's being uploaded from:

1.SCP if it's being uploaded from another server..and sometimes from workstations for large size uploads

2. Filezilla/SFTP (over private VPN) if it's being uploaded from a workstation (Linux, FreeBSD...no speako Winbloze here)

Minmeo

Filezilla mostly unless I am download / installing something in a archive file then just wget from its location.

joepie91

Usually rsync over SSH for transfering quickly put together stuff and single files that I want hosted remotely, sshfs or gvfs SFTP mount if I want to edit some random .html file live, and git push/pull for proper website deployments.

amuck-landowner