amuck-landowner

How is vpsBoard performance in your location?

George_Fusioned

Verified Provider
Apart from a few icons not loading on each page load, other than that it works of from Greece.

Getting 68ms to the nearest CloudFlare PoP (Frankfurt).

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
From Sweden.

Mostly ok or "as expected" is better wording. Sometimes the site loads slower then one could expect. Not sure if it's the mysql querys or what but there is a response from the server and it's the loading time that slows it down.

Then (rarely) the site has problems loading (first reply), after the first feply the site loads fine.

H_Heisenberg

It's slow sometimes.

I am accessing it from Germany, Deutsche Telekom AG via a mobile router with a SIM card (it was also slow from a wired Internet access point at my uni where we have a 100 Mbit/s connection with a very low ping).

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
It is fine in Oklahoma, but, it lags occasionally.  I suspect the lag is PHP or MySQL related, IPB has a lot of social networking junk that makes it perform poorly at times.

Epidrive

Verified Provider
Yeah forgot to mention that images does not always load all at the same time, sometimes you need to refresh before it shows up, no biggy tho, just fyi

wdq

Quade
Here in Omaha, NE region, sometimes it's fast.... sometimes it's slow... I'd say it's about average most of the time. 

Hello, neighbor!
Hello! I didn't expect to see another person living in Nebraska on here. 

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Its usually okay from the area of Salem, Oregon. Sometimes it takes FOREVER for pages to load, though I suspect it's because my ISP routes all outbound traffic through either Abovenet or XO.

Damian

Verified Provider
TBH, when it's slow, it seems to be more system related than network related. I mean that, there's a delay, and then everything 'pops' instantly, like the system processing is getting overloaded. Not necessarily that there's a network issue somewhere.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
TBH, when it's slow, it seems to be more system related than network related. I mean that, there's a delay, and then everything 'pops' instantly, like the system processing is getting overloaded. Not necessarily that there's a network issue somewhere.
Probably MySQL related then.

Will address that.

EDIT: For example, that response took about 4 seconds to actually post. It just sat there for a few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric1212

Verified Provider
A bit slow at times from Bell Business connection in Ontario Canada..

Generally it's okay though :)

Edit: It took about 75 seconds to add this post and 20 seconds for the Edit screen to load up. 

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah slogging along way slow currently.

35 second+ page load times.

Almost certain it's  MySQL this time.

Damian

Verified Provider
And now, at home on residential cable, everything is snappy. Page loads, making posts, etc.

amuck-landowner