amuck-landowner

How to rebuild your company image?

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Saw this one, when you DMCA everyone who gives a bad review of you (shamelesshosts too).. That does not leave a very nice impression of the company. To be honest, I believe your one of the only companies I've seen that threatens legal action for a bad review..

Generally the accepted response to a bad review is to fix it or try to help the customer personally, not threaten them..

To me it seems that you need to stop blaming your customers, if multiple people are saying bad things about your company, there probably is something going on and its time to get your head out of the ground and time to start listening to what they have say - after all the customer is always right.. 

The fact is you did what you did and now you have a tarnished reputation in the hosting community, you seem to want a quick fix but that is not going to happen, all you can do is take your time and slowly build that trust up again.

kunnu

Verified Provider
Anyone else wonder why kuunu starts threads, or posts questions in other threads, then never returns to respond? Yeah me too.
Sorry, I was post this thread at nigh(I think at 1AM or 2AM) and I can't access this forum from my mobile.

Thanks for suggestion,  from my mistake I learn few things.

1. If customer place a order and order failed then refund money(Refund If customer want or give a concession)

2. If someone is trying to make a big issue then ignore and focus on your company(eg: don't waste time and spend your time on resolving tickets, company issue)

3. Don't fight with anyone on internet, they are not our enemy because of we never see them in real life(Maybe they are a very good person)

4. Give respect to everyone even If they are against you or not.

5. Don't argue with customer

6. Always give respect to your customer

RiotSecurity

Sorry, I was post this thread at nigh(I think at 1AM or 2AM) and I can't access this forum from my mobile.

Thanks for suggestion,  from my mistake I learn few things.

1. If customer place a order and order failed then refund money(Refund If customer want or give a concession)

2. If someone is trying to make a big issue then ignore and focus on your company(eg: don't waste time and spend your time on resolving tickets, company issue)

3. Don't fight with anyone on internet, they are not our enemy because of we never see them in real life(Maybe they are a very good person)

4. Give respect to everyone even If they are against you or not.

5. Don't argue with customer

6. Always give respect to your customer
SO, You learned what every company should know on day one?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Repairing reputation in the same industry, that is tough.

I recommend folks who have traveled down the #FAIL path already and are sick of it to:

1. Get a life mentor.  Someone older, more experienced with calmer demeanor and more thought and breath time between words (i.e. someone that thinks then talks).

2. Work for a successful company - Jump ship to another company in your niche/industry/segment.  Learn on the job how they manage the workload, customers, expectations, etc.

3. Create a new brand --- this doesn't mean a shell company hiding the person behind it like is too common in hosting industry.  Focus on real features, price things at sustainable level, have realistic support and guarantees.

I won't pick on the OP or point to prior issues.

Have to remember people are creatures of habit.   As a company owner, it is easy to repeat the same behavior, practices, etc.  Developing new more positive habits requires exposure to positive and typically successful people (although some are not and excel purely in visionary roles).

tonysala87

Consider getting a 9-5 job, and running a free service in the evenings. Treat your free service as a learning experience, if you can make a free service work well, then you can certainly handle a paid service (as you'll have built up a ton of skills and scripts to monitor abuse, migrate people on the fly, ban bad users etc, all working together to provide a premium experience).

i know one awesome person who is already doing this!

:-0

p.s. the biggest mistake you can make is pretending you know everything, don't be afraid to learn, and be honest about that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sefket

Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. The only thing you can do is learn from your mistakes.

Of course listen to people and build from there. Try and not make the same mistake again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. The only thing you can do is learn from your mistakes.

Of course listen to people and build from there. Try and not make the same mistake again.
Sefket has the right idea ;)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
As @Magiobiwan said, DMCA is not a bully weapon to silence critics.

Dealing with bad reviews requires admission of failures when appropriate by you/your company.  Otherwise, it is a careful dance with the person impacted while managing larger public perception.   In this industry, DMCA is a sore spot for many reasons where DMCA is even appropriate.  More usage of DMCA and papering people with pseudo legal requests certainly aggravates the sites bothered by your legal actions and created a textbook example of how some are abusing DMCA takedown requests.  Net effect, ruins your image, reminds people about DMCA nastiness, burns up idle human time processes and looks like bullying on your part.  None of this is good.

amuck-landowner