amuck-landowner

iPhone 5s is the best iphone since the last iphone

jarland

The ocean is digital
Proud to say, I've never bought the Apple Koolaid. Haven't bought a single lick of anything they've made.

Funny video above though :)
Proud to say I literally buy everything they put out. Suck it haters! Suck it long and suck it hard!

:p

Last edited by a moderator:

RiotSecurity

New features that we could have added 10 years ago:

1) finger print reading

2) improved camera software.

3) iOS 7

4) A7 chip with 64 bit processing power (first phone to ever have one)

5) extra chip purely for handeling motion and GPS controls

6) more LTE bands (for better data speeds and carrier providers)

7) improved LED flash, for capturing both warm and cold light in pictures

8) more than twice as fast as the previous version

9) extra battery life (10 hours call, 10 hours LTE surfing, and 250 hours on stand by).

iPhone 5s is the best iPhone since the last iPhone.

Only at a bomb price of $900+
$900... plus tax plus warrenty, so really about $1.2k, I'm personally fine with my cheap shitty iPhone 4s lol

clarity

Why would you not sign up for a contract though? You are going to pay for the service either way. You might as well save some money for doing paying for it.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
The thing is, 99%+ of the General US Population quite literally doesn't give a shit about the NSA Spying scandal mess. It is a nice way to unlock your phone, and it's potentially more secure, since you can't go and use "0000" for your passcode. 

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Why the hell do you need finger-print scanning in a phone?

Were cellphones so unsecure that normal password methods or unlock screens/codes were obsolete?
I agree, this is probably just a way for Apple and whoever(else) to gather fingerprints from anyone and everyone who has an iPhone 5s, pretty easy way if you ask me
Sit down, take a deep breath and let's think about that "argument" again.

My fingerprints are scanned everytime I orderd my passport.

My fingerprints are scanned each time I flight to the US or any arabic country.

And they need iPhones to get our fingerprints?

Come on.

jarland

The ocean is digital

Come on.
If you get processed at the police station, finger prints on record. Plenty of us voluntarily do that so they have them on record for who knows what may happen. I don't trust the government, but the average local police officer just trying to do their job...much respect. But that already means it's in the hands of any law enforcement that wants it.

I'm thrilled to stop entering the key code. I do keep sensitive information in my phone. I'm not worried about security, got that covered. More convenient security? Awesome. One less thing to look down for in traffic.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

Come on.
Really?

I was not finger printed for my passport, what is your country of origin? As a child in school, at age 7 or 8 we were fingerprinted by the local police department to 'learn how it was done' (or something). So my prints are on record, all I'm saying is I don't like the feature or the idea of Apple having access to it. I should note it's not a huge concern of mine, I'd be much more worried about additional facial recognition advancements than finger printing, though.

peterw

Really?

I was not finger printed for my passport, what is your country of origin?
I know that this is standard for all european countries. According to EU requirements all nations that are signatories to the Schengen Acquis are required to add fingerprint biometrics.

nunim

VPS Junkie
Really?

I was not finger printed for my passport, what is your country of origin? As a child in school, at age 7 or 8 we were fingerprinted by the local police department to 'learn how it was done' (or something). So my prints are on record, all I'm saying is I don't like the feature or the idea of Apple having access to it. I should note it's not a huge concern of mine, I'd be much more worried about additional facial recognition advancements than finger printing, though.
Ha, thanks for that!  I knew I was fingerprinted as a child for some reason but could never remember for what and mother had no recollection of it, so it must've been at school.  For the greater good....  I got shit one time at YVR customs because I had been fingerprinted even though I have never been convicted of anything in my life.

This "feature" may make it easier to break into stolen iPhones , as at the time of theft your phone probably has many latent prints that could be lifted.  

amuck-landowner