amuck-landowner

Just received this on Skype from Nick @ RamNode

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
[7:20:11 PM] ServerCrate+RamNode: Hi! I'd like to announce that servercrate and ramnode have merged. In a couple of days all of ramnodes VPSes will be transferred to avante hostings premium high speed network.
-Robert Clarke
CEO of ServerCrate and RamNode

(Sorry if you received this message multiple times, had some issues with the broadcast.)

========================================================================================

I assume that it was broadcasted to everyone in Nick's contact list.

Looks like someone is up to no good again. If anyone has any info please post it or contact Nick. This has to be dealt with.

Last edited by a moderator:

tdc-adm

I have got this message via ramnode on skype some minutes ago: 

Hi! I'd like to announce that servercrate and ramnode have merged. In a couple of days all of ramnodes VPSes will be transferred to avante hostings premium high speed network.

-Robert Clarke

CEO of ServerCrate and RamNode

(Sorry if you received this message multiple times, had some issues with the broadcast.)
Is this true or Robert Clarke hacked ramnode nick?

ramnode.jpg

My timezone is +7 GMT

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I have got this message via ramnode on skype some minutes ago: 

Is this true or Robert Clarke hacked ramnode nick?

attachicon.gif
ramnode.jpg

My timezone is +7 GMT
Merged your topic with this one as it was posted a few moments before yours.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
Just fishing here but I don't think it was Clarke. My nick on IRC was occupied as well. Looking at the IP it was a Canada IP address: 184.75.213.194 Amanah Tech Inc. (AS32489)

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
RamNode just came online and sent out "ignore". I asked again on Skype who did it, no answer.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Please ignore the messages--obviously it was an account takeover. The situation is fixed now.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Please ignore the messages--obviously it was an account takeover. The situation is fixed now.
Tell me it didn't happen due to password reuse?

Edit:

Please ignore any recent messages regarding ServerCrate. RamNode has not been sold and is not merging with any other company. There will be no changes in service as implied by that message. My Skype account was merely hacked, likely with social engineering, and has been restored.

Thanks,

Nick

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Is this Clarke guy the same one that admitted that he hacked RAM NODE SolusVM?
The name is reference to the same kid, yes.  I doubt he was actually stupid enough to do this himself (he's already been "framed" once, some time before he uploaded the backdoor to RamNode).  Nor do I think he's clever enough to actually do this himself in his own name for the purpose of making people think "he got framed again".

My two cents - he pissed off yet another skid that decided to have some more fun at his expense. 

amuck-landowner