amuck-landowner

KVM VPS outside US

bizzard

Hi,

I am looking for a KVM VPS for my friend for his personal use, which include hosting few websites along with running his python based projects. He wants the VPS to be outside the laws of US, due to privacy reasons and also facility to install OS from mounted ISO's.

The specs in need are as below:

512MB to 1GB RAM

30GB HDD on RAID

500GB Bandwidth or more

1 IPv4

IPv6 Support

Location: Outside US, from providers registered outside US, with good ping to India.

The billing will be monthly for now.

Since this is for a personal project and on a test basis, the cost is a factor. So, please provide me the lowest cost on which this can be done.

ICPH

Hi, netherlands KVM VPS there with ability to mount ISOs, but the price fro your specs around $40.

TheLinuxBug

@bizzard From experience, you will probably find some of the best latency to Prometeus  as they peer very closely with the peering point in London that most routes from Pakistan, India, etc come into.  Usually its only 5-10ms from the first route outside the country.  .NL will also have good pings as it peers to London pretty close as well.  In my experience though, the best results were had with Prometeus (Most of my experience being with Pakistan, but from my tests I believe India is about the same).

Cheers!

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
We just finished setting up a node in Germany. I can do

4 Cores @ 2.5

1GB RAM

50GB HDD (RAID w/ weekly backups)

unmetered bandwidth

For $10

1 IPv4 with IPv6 available

We have a central NFS server with Linux/BSD ISO's, and we can upload any ISO we don't have.

George_Fusioned

Verified Provider
Hi,

I can offer the following:

1024MB RAM

2 CPU cores

80GB HDD (RAID10)

1TB Bandwidth

100Mbps uplink

KVM/SolusVM

1 IPv4 / 5 IPv6 Addresses

Price: $9.95/mo

Looking Glass: http://de.fusioned.net/

Custom ISO can be requested via ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:

bizzard

@TheLinuxBug I was looking at iwstack.com from Prometeus. It looks great, but the initial 30Euro deposit is what pulls me back, as this is just a trial run and the plans to run it long depends on how things turn out to be.

@Cloudrck Can I have a test IP and what about the uplink? Weekly backups are great. Can you also provide where the company is registered? Couldn't find those details in website. 

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
@Cloudrck Can I have a test IP and what about the uplink? Weekly backups are great. Can you also provide where the company is registered? Couldn't find those details in website. 
Sorry about that, we're registered in Cook County, Illinois (USA), more specifically Chicago.

http://46.4.177.57/dl/

There are some some Linux distros for testing download speed. 100Mb uplink

bizzard

Sorry about that, we're registered in Cook County, Illinois (USA), more specifically Chicago.
I am looking for companies registered outside US, for this particular VPS, as my friend wants it out of US jurisdiction. Will give your service a try later. Thanks for the offer.

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
I am looking for companies registered outside US, for this particular VPS, as my friend wants it out of US jurisdiction. Will give your service a try later. Thanks for the offer.
For some reason I read your OP as server outside, company inside.

Echelon

Verified Provider
Bizzard, is Canada acceptable for your friend?

rapidnode

Verified Provider
I can offer you the following:

4 vCPU​
1024 MB RAM​
80 GB Storage (RAID-10 with BBU)​
Unmetered Traffic (see fair share policy)​

1 Gbps Port​
1 IPv4 address​

​
 ​
10 EUR / month 
 ​
Custom ISO can be requested with support ticket.​
We're registered in Sweden, Stockholm. Far outside US =)​

Last edited by a moderator:

bizzard

@rapidnode Thanks for the offer.

I just got hold of a 512MB KVM from Knightswarm, located at Netherlands. Though the pricing is a bit high, comparing to the offers I got here, the system performance and network are great. More over, last month they helped me to get a VPS for migrating the diaspora pod poddery.com too. So, staying with them for now. If the memory is not enough for the requirements, I 'll get back to you guys.

May be, I'll start a new thread for providers outside US offering VPS.

amuck-landowner