amuck-landowner

LET Down?

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Still down...

btw, I've always liked sz1 / never had a problem with him. He was a HN client for a while, really friendly, often amusing.

I don't really understand why people dislike him so much. I've seen a lot of people trying to blame DDoS attacks on him, but never with any concrete proof. I wouldn't know either way, but seeing people gang up on him with their scapegoating games doesn't convince me of much.

AThomasHowe

Still down...

btw, I've always liked sz1 / never had a problem with him. He was a HN client for a while, really friendly, often amusing.

I don't really understand why people dislike him so much. I've seen a lot of people trying to blame DDoS attacks on him, but never with any concrete proof. I wouldn't know either way, but seeing people gang up on him with their scapegoating games doesn't convince me of much.
Read his old threads. People hate him because he's dense headed and doesn't listen to anyone, it's extra annoying when he quotes your post saying okay or thanks but didn't read it at all. He's now closing down his locations due to troubles and lack of interest exactly like we all warned him. He's risked him and his wives money and his livelihood on the say so of one or two customers.

He seems like a nice enough guy but he's not hosting business material.

Husky

Verified Dog
Verified Provider
He also turns into a total douchebag when you work out the per node profit figures of his next VPS venture...

Had that one in IRC, pointed out he'd barely break even and he lost the plot..

As well as having it pointed out to him that his English skills are much to be desired and he shouldn't be teaching it (Which apparently he does in Indonesia)

I think some people even pointed out that his "book" is terribly written/edited.

I could go on as to why he's a nuisance, but at this point, I'm beyond giving a shit as to why he's a pain. The constant DDoS of various people just for revenge proves he's a childish little prick.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenHostBox

Verified Provider
Weird thing is our site got hit by a DDoS attack (flooded with TIME_WAIT connections) right after we posted in the discussion regarding sz1hosting but it was easy to mitigate. I guess he moved on and targeted LET. I believe he is using the same method of an attack because I saw an "503 Service Unavailable Error" error on LET yesterday night and that error is caused when the maximum concurrent limit is reached, causing the server to be overloaded, which was the same method of attack we got attacked with.

Husky

Verified Dog
Verified Provider
Weird thing is our site got hit by a DDoS attack (flooded with TIME_WAIT connections) right after we posted in the discussion regarding sz1hosting but it was easy to mitigate. I guess he moved on and targeted LET. I believe he is using the same method of an attack because I saw an "503 Service Unavailable Error" error on LET yesterday night and that error is caused when the maximum concurrent limit is reached, causing the server to be overloaded, which was the same method of attack we got attacked with.
I wouldn't call that weird, he's done it to 2 other providers from VPSB in the last week.

EDIT: That I'm aware of anyway.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
just an FYI, if LET/B is down for any period of time and you advertise there BSA will refund you a for the down time.

I did that during the great constantinos war of 2012

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Did LET being down let you down?
hnOQcrat2LPiDd9.jpg

tdale

Verified Provider
@drmike

Ah there network uptime is pretty fantastic. They are not guaranteeing that people's services running inside there dedicated server is up 100% of the time. I called and let them know its fubar again lol.

-Tom

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@drmike

I'm waiting for you to buy a vps from me in LA :)
Don't wait too long.  I never buy LA since latency and connects from here in Zimbabwe to there are so bad.   My upstream pushes packets at the rate and pattern of a urine stream.

Curiously watching as you grow your seedling company.  Waiting for that new snazzy with-bite logo.

ZweiTiger

LET is a big community site.. very big. I really dont know why they keep the uptime below 99%. I think they has enought profit to rent a dedicated server or buy an owned litespeed webserver , or buy DDOS protection from many providers.

I really not understand how they could accept to happen this.

I think this. But i know.. very hard to manage a server... to keep it nearest 100% so i understand this.

Patience at all :)

amuck-landowner