amuck-landowner

LET Hacked Again

wdq

Quade
If the same exploit has caused the hack three times now you think they'd figure out how to fix that exploit, or temporarily migrate to something other than Vanilla temporarily. 

mnpeep

Verified Provider
If the same exploit has caused the hack three times now you think they'd figure out how to fix that exploit, or temporarily migrate to something other than Vanilla temporarily. 
I have a feeling like they are three separate exploits. The first two did not affect LEB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Who knew a community around cheap VPS's could be so full of childish drama.. funny..

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yep, Lowendbox is up... Back with a new offer :) Liquidhost (they host 2 of 3 locations with Colocrossing).

Lowendtalk is still down.  Now showing a Nginx screen. 403 error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
nCompetent people shouldn't be running no srevers... nor fRums.... iF you catch my dRift....

Naruto

You know how slow those Solus guys are at patching things.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So whatever happened to EndOfReality? Secretly just poofed? I call bs
EndofReality... 

Colocrossing won't say what happened.  They claim something legal related ongoing.

Saw a bid for EndofRelity that was floating around in search engines.   Weird deal with CC where CC was swapping out servers they were paying for and consolidating. So in essence reducing the servers.  Then on the back side, throwing EOR a pile of very old servers.   So they were basically giving them newer machines, but fewer in number then additionally giving them this incentive with the much older and smaller servers.

Very strange.  Invoice was something like $6k+ a month.  At that time EOR was overdue on invoices several months.

Unsure if what happened was just that further down the line or what.

Lots of people thought EOR was a front company...  Doesn't appear it was though.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
Getting silly now, the problem is if someone has a private unpublished exploit or has found a hole then they will struggle to patch it, they obviously dont have much experience with these things as the fix pattern is obvious.

Hack 1) must have been vanilla, update vanilla and restore from backup

Hack 2) must have left a back door on first hack, reinstall all of LET and restore from backup

Hack 3) must have found an entry point via LEB reinstall everything.

Which probably means if hack 4 happens they will be all out of ideas, I don't really want to see the place die it's just business now after all any community spirit was ripped out by chief.

amuck-landowner