amuck-landowner

LET Hacked Again

Amitz

Can those CC people really be that cheeky? Whenever LET is down, this board slows down too from here and even WHT is having problems. Could be my ISP, seems more like DDOS. Shall there be any correlation?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Can those CC people really be that cheeky? Whenever LET is down, this board slows down too from here and even WHT is having problems. Could be my ISP, seems more like DDOS. Shall there be any correlation?
"You'll never see it origination from our network" is the typical response when questioned about it.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
The second day of the drama. I do not think that the community will survive this. Both sides just crossed the line.

There is a lot of emotion to the whole topic. So LET is worth a lot - but destroying it just because someone thinks he is not getting a fare share?

After sleeping a night about all I have read I come to a sneaking suspicion that it is all about money. The hit was perfectly planned that could not be done offhanded.

My personal forcast:

LET will become the WHT for the LEB market. Noone will like it but noone can ignore it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The second day of the drama. I do not think that the community will survive this. Both sides just crossed the line.

There is a lot of emotion to the whole topic. So LET is worth a lot - but destroying it just because someone thinks he is not getting a fare share?

After sleeping a night about all I have read I come to a sneaking suspicion that it is all about money. The hit was perfectly planned that could not be done offhanded.

My personal forcast:

LET will become the WHT for the LEB market. Noone will like it but noone can ignore it.
Lines were crossed more than a year ago with the lies and many folks since then banned from LET.

LET was worth something more when it was a community ran and contributed place.   It has been crumbling ever since CC got hold of it.

I don't think the hacks have anything to do with someone getting screwed out of their "fair share".    Know there were lots of people who were about to do something about the site and out the info that was known/speculated.  But that was an info dump.  It wasn't hacking and defacement.

They banned a lot of people on LET.  Mocked tons of folks.   Lots of companies selling there were pushed around in ugly ways. 

It could be anyone doing this.  Frankly, if it were a very long time member of the site who contributed lots, I wouldn't be surprised.

LET to become WHT?   No chance of that happening.  it's a niche and already graphically overblown.  WHT covers nearly everything.  LET covers kids and cheapskates buying digital crack accounts.  Pigeon holed big time in the discount loss leader bracket.

serverian

Verified Provider
37904620.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel

Not from what I heard, he was just saying the truth and now look it's publicly announced to
That probably added to it, but that was not the reason he was banned from the IRC channel. 

Sorry to be so blunt. 

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Lines were crossed more than a year ago with the lies and many folks since then banned from LET.

LET was worth something more when it was a community ran and contributed place.   It has been crumbling ever since CC got hold of it.
For me LET was ok. Not perfect, but ok. And if it was crumbling for over one year why do you care about a site that does not count any longer?

Why care about a site with no makred share - about a market that will fanish in some months? [According to your words...]

All that mocking, banning - the same cant I can read on a daily basis on people that do not like WHT. [That was my thought about LET == WHT]

And that is the point I do not like about the whole story.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
LET = OK = shared idea.

LET counts just because of quantity of links and content pile.    Even if nothing new happens there, still will be good amount of inbound activity for content.  That's benefit of the size of the community contribution. 

WHT dislike is fairly overblown.  They moderate rather well.  Heavy at times, but usually very fair and infractions aren't mysterious.

WHT > LET and that isn't going to change.  

No way anyone with sense believes a host can operate such a site (LEB/LET) that is highly based around offers and be anything other than biased.  Couldn't believe them for a year plus, but now can?  Hmmm.

Did I say a market that will vanish?  No it won't.  But it certainly will see decreases in many ways.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
No way anyone with sense believes a host can operate such a site (LEB/LET) that is highly based around offers and be anything other than biased.
Tell me which "offer site" is not biased by ownership, ad payers or other backers?

I just can't believe where all this hate is coming from...

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Tell me which "offer site" is not biased by ownership, ad payers or other backers?
WHT? They've banned countless corp members which are paying a lot of money for those memberships. Hostdime got the shaft for at least a decent amount of time. VPSLatch-Adam did and lost his account fully. FTN-Chris is on the ropes still as far as I know. "Kevin"'s premium account is also tied up.

WHT isn't perfect and I've been given a kick in the balls a few times by the mods but I always look into what I'm doing to earn infractions. The infraction system I think is the most reasonable system they have over there since the staff are all accountable. Bear for instance dropped the ball once thinking I was self promoing when instead I was recommending some shared hosting company I used in a previous life. Once I pointed it out the points were removed and bear apologized for the franning.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
For me? I stopped putting much effort into the place once it was obvious the buyout had happened. I was already aware that the site was sold before we even signed up in Buffalo, I simply used it as a point to judge Jon's character.

Anyway, the mods always seemed to let certain drama threads continue, namely one involving some guy butthurt over our TOS/AUP. As usual Aldryic & Maounique (sp) went at it. After a while I simply got tired of it and we focused our energy on bigger projects.

There were other times that threads were closed quickly or 'sunk', especially the one where CVPS got SolusAPI'd.

Francisco

dominicl

I don't think LET is going to survive this. It's been down for a long time now, and I don't think they're going to be able to get it back up for any sustainable length of time.

I hope they will, but think they won't.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Yup, they are big enough.

Hopefully everyone is calming down now. Everything is said. Everyone is knowing just how bad - the evil itself - they are. They are ddosed, hacked, defaced. I really hope that was enough for their bloodthirstiness.

And one last question: Was destroying LET really worth it?

amuck-landowner