amuck-landowner

LET Hacked Again

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
So is this "LET has been hacked a third time" or "we're still on hack #2".

I thought it was back after hack #2 and Liam posted that loony thread about how all would be different now.  

So I guess we're on hack #3.

Alto

Yeah, Hack #3. I doubt it's coming back but I might be wrong.
It's a commercial concern now remember, not a community site anymore. I strongly doubt JB and the gang are going to let all that ad revenue slip through their fingers without a bit more of a fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Wonder if the people with ads will get some extra time because of the downtime?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
For me? I stopped putting much effort into the place once it was obvious the buyout had happened. I was already aware that the site was sold before we even signed up in Buffalo, I simply used it as a point to judge Jon's character.
So when exactly were you aware of the buy out?

Just me here, but I'd never had moved into Buffalo if I knew what you did.

Looking forward to a new BuyVM US east coast location in the near future.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony

Jon wasn't the concern for us... our regret is that we didn't know about Chris (who was friendly to us at the time) and his.. involvement.. beforehand.  Keep in mind that by that point, we were already starting to avoid the whole LE* area due to all the drama in the community (and frankly, being associated with such did more harm than the 'benefit' of LEB listings).

Alto

Wonder if the people with ads will get some extra time because of the downtime?

I would have thought so, given that the ads are sold through a 3rd party. I presume the contracts would have allowances for reasonable downtime, and it's gone well past that now.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Well if Chris is to be believed, then Jon has some major concerns on yet another front. According to Chris, Jon hired him to make himself look like he had more employees. So he hired someone with the intention of not using them for work, only to falsify employment records to someone? My guess is that whoever that "someone" is would be some form of government entity who would be a bit less than pleased to hear it.

Now matter how you spin the story or who's mouth you take it from, you never end up with a positive conclusion.

Boltersdriveer

Verified Provider
Well if Chris is to be believed, then Jon has some major concerns on yet another front. According to Chris, Jon hired him to make himself look like he had more employees. So he hired someone with the intention of not using them for work, only to falsify employment records to someone? My guess is that whoever that "someone" is would be some form of government entity who would be a bit less than pleased to hear it.

Now matter how you spin the story or who's mouth you take it from, you never end up with a positive conclusion.
If he does falsify employment records, who's to say he can't falsify the PnL and other accounting records for the salary the staff get? 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

Again, I was 99% sure he had bought the site given the conversations I had with Joel over the previous months.

I'm not going to up and move anything from Buffalo unless I get a lot of users demanding it. I don't

have issues with the service CC delivers, I just have issues with how they do business.

vanarp

I'm not going to up and move anything from Buffalo unless I get a lot of users demanding it. I don't

have issues with the service CC delivers, I just have issues with how they do business.
If you don't mind answering, how much is your business worth for CC? More than the revenue from LEB/LET?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Yeah I don't know if CC is on the GSA schedule for government contacts, but I know they are in the database on a few cities as an approved company.

The CC contact information out there shows an employees name, an employee who has been gone from CC for a few years.  Yet another "employee" who didn't leave on good terms.

That said, good reason to fluff up their feathers and act like a Big Bird.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If he does falsify employment records, who's to say he can't falsify the PnL and other accounting records for the salary the staff get? 
CC has tons of ghost staff.  Biloh is known to create staff as needed to BS mad customers.  He's done that for many years.

Related to the false accounting, lets just say CC has prior issues with not paying government entities, shortchanging employees and ripping customers.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Not one to jump on BuyVM, but this sounds bad.

You've long suspected CC/CVPS of piss poor behavior and scamming.

You moved into Buffalo suspecting a lot of these things.

Fabozzi continues to batter your team about things and has his sidekick doing the same (remember those stupid threads about configs from 3 years ago) and accused shilling?  

"have issues with the service CC delivers, I just have issues with how they do business."

CC screwed the low end sites.  Ruined the community.  Drove most of the offers to Buffalo.  All while banning folks, including the competition.

With all the CC lies and Fabozzi spouting similar mistruth who can prove their relationship unless I go to their HQs and seize the records? 

You knew better than to own LEB/LET.  Were wise about passing it elsewhere via Joel/Chief. Joel only cared about the money.

Sounds like BuyVM is buying Buffalo for the same reason everyone else is - the cheap price. That's not a good reason to be there.  The network it isn't what it was and isn't what you bought when you signed up.   You can't offer filtering and native IPV6 there. 

Biggest reason to move, you don't do business with serial liars and sociopaths.

I'd advise shopping around.  

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Sounds like BuyVM is buying Buffalo for the same reason everyone else is - the cheap price.

Not quite accurate.  Like Fran mentioned - the service we've had there is fine, and the times we did have to utilize their support... well, we weren't disappointed by the results.  It's the dramatis person

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner