amuck-landowner

LET Q1 2014 Top Provider Poll Results

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It is really sad that a single guy can influence the outcome of votes!
Not really. I don't think it's unfair to ask your customers to vote for you. If the poll was created here, the results would likely be similar with the same brands in the top 10, minus the obvious and order may differ slightly. If ranking high is important to you in these polls, then ask your customers to vote for you. Otherwise just provide solid services. It's simple.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'll disagree that the results would be similar because vpsboard doesn't have an artificial $7 price limit. If you take away the price limit some of the clown outfits that received votes in that poll would receive 0 votes.
Well, you're actually probably right.

I was more referring to the thought that regardless of the platform, companies like RamNode and Prometeus would still probably hold top spots here as they did on LET as they have reps here and there. Some of the others in the top 10 there may not appear in the top 10 here as they don't have reps here that are active.

Luckily though we'd possibly have other good contenders in the mix due to the fact, as you mentioned, no price limit.

mpkossen

Apparently it's because of the 'competing forum' (vpsBoard) promoting Dewlance to 'troll the poll'. At least according to: http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q1-the-results/#comment-154942 and http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/546049/#Comment_546049

I welcome everyone to go through and find where vpsBoard promoted this. While I thought it was somewhat comical I do not recall asking or encouraging anyone to vote for Dewlance. I would never do that, because I'd hate for someone to realistically think Dewlance was worth signing up for.
I know this is not the case and I've stated that. I've seen it happen and I've spoken to some people that did vote for Dewlance. They have learned their lesson, let's keep it at that.

Why is this even a topic on here? This place isn't LET/LEB. It's VPSBoard. People would do well to remember that sometimes.

If you want LET go over there.
For once, I agree with you ;-)

It's been a topic because I'm "slow" with counting the votes and posting the results. I'm going to try and speed it up next time, so you don't have to worry about this anymore!

See Maarten, being transparent or moving in said direction isn't so terrible.  
I'm not a bad guy :) I'm foolish at times, definitely. I believe we all are. But I honestly wouldn't know why I would need to hide anything in votes like this.

As for the votes: did you accumulate Inception and LowEndSpirit? I did count Jack's votes because he only works for DotVPS. I may do this differently in the future, but I'd have to discuss it with the others and clearly state it in the rules. It's a grey area for now, so they "win". I don't know about the gap with Crissic. I don't remember anything strange with them. Feel free to do a recount in the thread and notify me if I'm wrong.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
As for the votes: did you accumulate Inception and LowEndSpirit? I did count Jack's votes because he only works for DotVPS. I may do this differently in the future, but I'd have to discuss it with the others and clearly state it in the rules. It's a grey area for now, so they "win". I don't know about the gap with Crissic. I don't remember anything strange with them. Feel free to do a recount in the thread and notify me if I'm wrong.
I know for sure someone had voted 5 points for us but had JUST registered that day, so likely tossed out for that reason. I remember talking to the guy in IRC about it.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I know this is not the case and I've stated that. I've seen it happen and I've spoken to some people that did vote for Dewlance. They have learned their lesson, let's keep it at that.
Dewlance doesn't have any credibility, but then again neither do many of the providers who you zealously defend and who received votes (like GVH, CVPS, etc), and Dewlance's reputation really isn't much worse than that of LET/LEB (read the comments on places like WHT where LET/LEB is thought of as a  place where people get ripped off by amateur kiddie hosts who provide subpar service). 

Truthfully, in my eyes, based on some of the comments you've made in defense of CC house brands and your attempts to publicly damage the reputation of what are seen as competing providers (example: your insinuation today that BuyVM uses a nulled Solus , or Alex Vial's attempts to damage the rep of his ex-customers on the "basement" thread), I don't have any more respect for the administrators or owners of LET/LEB than I do for Dewlance.

amuck-landowner